xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Could Not Connect To The Stream....  (Read 82 times)

luckout

• Archived User
Could Not Connect To The Stream....
« on: October 14, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »

I have read all the tutorials I could find....I have downloaded 3 or 4 config.xml editors that are no help in configuring shoutcast.  I only post on this site as a last resort. dry.gif   If anyone could share their config.xml knowledge to help me set up shoutcast I would be very thankful!!!

I have tried everything to set up shoutcast with various config.xml changes....None of them have worked.  There are many of you out there that have more experience than I do.  Please share a little of your expertise with me.

Anyone...........?

huh.gif

Sy-

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 01:55:00 AM »

Try manually entering the DNS numbers for your isp.  You can probably get them off your router or from your ISP.

Sy-

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 01:31:00 PM »

Actually you don't need relax or any other streaming software on your computer to run shoutcast. You can run shoutcast directly from your xbox with xbox media player just click "My Music" then click "Shoutcast"

But before you do that you have to configure the shoutcast directory with some .sc or .pls files that actually work... I don't think that the one that comes with the XBMP program works.  

an easy way to get pls files is to use you PC and go to http://yp.shoutcast.com and search for the genre that you like and RIGHT click on the "Tune In!" Button and click "Save Target as" and save the .pls file to your computer.  Rename it something easy to recognize like "80s-station.pls"

After you get that file on your computer FTP it into your "XBMP/SHOUTcast "directory wherever it is on your Xbox

Click on "My Music" then "Shoutcast" then the file you just saved...  if your internet connection is good then you should hear some music.

On another note...

For my Box I had to manually put in my ISP's DNS numbers  because my router was/is not set up to serve DHCP and when you use a static IP on the Xbox you have to manually enter the DNS (Nameserver) numbers.  Remember gateway and nameserver is not the same thing.  Gateway would be your router (192.168.0.1) and your nameserver would be something outside of your subnet.  An easy way to find out these numbers is go to your PC and open a dos prompt any type "ipconfig /all".  Look for the numbers next to the "DNS Servers" these should be you ip address(es).  You can enter it in the <nameserver> section.

~Sy

luckout

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 06:50:00 AM »

Well Sy-,
I followed all of your steps, but still no success!  I changed the nameserver address to one that was found in my ipconfig prompt, but I still get the error stating could not connect to stream.  I use high-speed internet that gets 3000kbps download speed, so connectivity is not a issue.

I don't know of anyone else having this much difficulty setting up shoutcast.  I guess I'll just chalk this one up as a loss!

Thanks for all your help Sy-!

smile.gif

luckout

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2003, 02:09:00 PM »

Somehow it works!!!  I don't know why but I went into the shoutcast directory just for kicks and now it works!!! Go figure!!

XP_GAMER

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2003, 04:47:00 PM »

power cycle

riotsone

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2003, 11:05:00 AM »

I am having the same problem What should I do ? Heres my ip config/all results..

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : MITCHO
       Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
       Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
       IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
       WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
       Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethe
rnet NIC
       Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-10-B5-10-02-91
       Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
       Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
       IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.108
       Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
       Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.254
       DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.254
       DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.254.254
       Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, November 16, 2003 7:27:22 PM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, January 18, 2038 7:14:07 PM

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
       Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapt
er(LNE100TX v4)
       Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-04-5A-78-C8-2D
       Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
       IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
       Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
       Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

and heres my xmp.config

<address>192.168.0.36</address>
       <subnet>255.255.255.0</subnet>
       <gateway>192.168.254.254</gateway>
       <nameserver>192.168.254.254</nameserver>
       <playlists>e:appsxbmpplaylists</playlists>
       <timeserver*>207.46.248.43</timeserver*>
       <cddbserver*>194.97.4.18</cddbserver*>

Any help plz I copy a .pls to the shoutcast folder via ftp and when i try to connect i get connection timed out

Sy-

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2003, 02:36:00 PM »

Riotsone:  is your xbox plugged into your router or is it plugged into your computer on your second ethernet adapter?  

Also are you able to play live with those settings???  I doube you can even reach the internet like that!

If your xbox's IP is 192.168.0.36 it won't be able to reach 192.168.254.254 with a subnet of 255.255.255.0...  if you want them to talk change the subnet to 255.255.0.0

But that should only work if you xbox is plugged into your router... It's kinda hard to say what to do without knowing what's plugged into what.  

riotsone

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2003, 09:40:00 PM »

OK my xbox is plugged into my seconed NIC and my comp is plugged into my router. thanks if you can help me

riotsone

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2003, 01:31:00 PM »

bump for anyone to help!! PLz

Sy-

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2003, 01:58:00 PM »

OK.. first of all have you ever been able to connect to the internet through your X-Box? Xbox live perhaps?

I'm guessing no...

if I'm right your problem is not with shoutcast it's your internet connection in general...  If you can, I would suggest plugging your xbox directly into the router.  this way you won't have to deal with internet connection sharing on your pc.  also you wouldn't need to have your PC on to connect to shoutcast.

If you can connect your Xbox directly to the router your settings would need to look something like this:

<address>192.168.254.36</address>
<gateway>192.168.254.254</gateway>
<nameserver>192.168.254.254</nameserver>

If connecting directly to the router is not an option and you must go through your PC.  Make sure you have "internet connection sharing" configured correctly and make your xbox config look something like this:

<address>192.168.0.36</address>
<gateway>192.168.0.1</gateway>
<nameserver>192.168.0.1</nameserver>

~Sy

riotsone

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2003, 03:48:00 PM »

which Nic card do I enable ICS on the one that plugs into my box or plugs to my router? or what would happen if i did a bridge?

riotsone

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2003, 02:21:00 PM »

bump