xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Divx Encoding  (Read 188 times)

---=Snyper=---

• Archived User
Divx Encoding
« on: June 28, 2003, 09:49:00 PM »

Buy DivX..

its will pay for its self... its worth it..

or you break the encoder so that you will noT have adware..

another work for break could be PaTch... wink.gif

Matt

ChrisF

• Archived User
Divx Encoding
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 05:43:00 AM »

You can install it and then run the free program Ad-Aware 6.0 (which is really good and you should likely have it anyway).  Ad-Aware will strip out all the crap from your files and registry.

Widowmaker

• Archived User
Divx Encoding
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2003, 09:07:00 AM »

No go in the ad aware idea. It breaks the encoder. I dont really want or need the player, so if it there are no free, adware free encoders I guess I will have to buy the divx package.

---=Snyper=---

• Archived User
Divx Encoding
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2003, 12:16:00 PM »

Im Sorry but ill say it...

LOOK FOR A CRACK ............  unsure.gif

HumanClay

• Archived User
Divx Encoding
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »

couldn't you use virtual dub

Widowmaker

• Archived User
Divx Encoding
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 12:36:00 PM »

Well actually I did get rid of the adware part but it looks to me like creating divx files is a pain. I found one page that showed 4 different programs you had to have, other than divx, in order to create a divx movie. I wanted something simple since most of the video I will be working with is going to be 3 to 4 minutes long. I guess sticking with mpeg 2 is going to be my best bet unless someone has other suggestions.

Is there a single program that I can use with divx and import an avi and then encode it to divx?

HumanClay

• Archived User
Divx Encoding
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2003, 01:41:00 PM »

Maybe I'm missing something but once again Virtual Dub free, no adware, easily handles divx

ChrisF

• Archived User
Divx Encoding
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2003, 01:44:00 PM »

I use Gordian Knot:

http://www.divx-dige...ordianknot.html

Here is a link with step by step instructions.  Yes - it is a pain and Gordian Knot has several programs built into it.  It's all about learning.  Took me a few tries before I got it going correctly (still using AC3 sound as the MP3 sound track was offset incorrectly so I am still working on this).

Download the newest fullpack of Gordian Knot with all the apps built into it.  Also download the Codec patch (it includes Divx pro with adware so run your Ad-Aware program again to rip out Gator - it won't break the player).

I generally use Divx 3.11a and Ac3 sound right now although for lesser films I will likely reencode the sound separately to MP3 with Bee Sweat (it's in G. Knot but they said doing it separately sometimes works better).

As for the time commitment - read over the instructions and be the judge but just like anything else in life there are few easy shortcuts.  If you feel it's worth your time than good luck.

incaseshit

• Archived User
Divx Encoding
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2003, 10:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (HumanClay @ Jun 29 2003, 10:41 PM)
Maybe I'm missing something but once again Virtual Dub free, no adware, easily handles divx

the're both right, virtual dub and virtual dub mod will encode to many codecs of divx aswell as xvid and its free

housefreax

• Archived User
Divx Encoding
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2003, 01:48:00 AM »

Use Xvid not Divx  dry.gif

ChrisF

• Archived User
Divx Encoding
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2003, 03:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (NerdENerd @ Jun 30 2003, 07:00 AM)
If you use Adware to strip out all the Gator stuff in DivX Pro it will still play files but it will not encode them. You will get a popup saying something about missing components or something when you try and encode a file.
The solution is to rip out everything exept the registry key
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTclsid{21ffb6c0-0da1-11d5-a9d5-00500413153c}
If you leave this registry key alone then you can happily encode will all the pro features of DivX without the pain of popup ads.

Ahh - never tested Divx Pro - I just use 3.11a.  I guess v5.05 isn't going to work (then again it doesn't work on XBMP yet from what I heard so I'm not in any hurry).

Telman

• Archived User
Divx Encoding
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2003, 03:50:00 AM »

go to www.doom9.org and read the articles and the tuts. They are very usefull, easy-reading and very good for n00bs...

software needed: Gordian Knot

Widowmaker

• Archived User
Divx Encoding
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2003, 09:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (ChrisF @ Jun 29 2003, 10:44 PM)
I use Gordian Knot:

http://www.divx-dige...ordianknot.html

Here is a link with step by step instructions.  Yes - it is a pain and Gordian Knot has several programs built into it.  It's all about learning.  Took me a few tries before I got it going correctly (still using AC3 sound as the MP3 sound track was offset incorrectly so I am still working on this).

Download the newest fullpack of Gordian Knot with all the apps built into it.  Also download the Codec patch (it includes Divx pro with adware so run your Ad-Aware program again to rip out Gator - it won't break the player).

I generally use Divx 3.11a and Ac3 sound right now although for lesser films I will likely reencode the sound separately to MP3 with Bee Sweat (it's in G. Knot but they said doing it separately sometimes works better).

As for the time commitment - read over the instructions and be the judge but just like anything else in life there are few easy shortcuts.  If you feel it's worth your time than good luck.

Thanks for the info. I downloaded Gordian Knot after I read a few of the other posts and I was expecting something straight forward and relativley quick but like you said, its actually many applications and very time consuming. I was looking for something as an alternative to mpeg 2. Currently I can record a dvd to my computer as it plays and then export it as mpeg2 ( 4 or 8) or avi. Since all I am doing is capturing small segments from dvds (the music videos), this is alot faster than the divx method. I can also already make 1:1 dvd backups so divx really isnt going to offer me anything at this time other than something else to learn.

Thanks again to everyone for the help.