xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Latest Cvs Has A Surprise  (Read 74 times)

kaylapuppy

• Archived User
Latest Cvs Has A Surprise
« on: February 09, 2003, 06:43:00 PM »

Neat feature, but realistically how practical is it. You already know what movie you are going to watch. I would rather see them implement CDDB support for audio cd's, that way you can pop in an audio cd and it will grab the info about the cd from the web.
But first they will have to implement a way to play audio cd's.

Regards,
KP

badmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2003, 01:26:00 AM »

Like someone said...

You already know what the movie you are going to watch is, but it could be useful if you could save the pic as the thumbnail for the movie.

Troll123

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 01:51:00 AM »

The pic as a thumbnail is  coming. Proper ffwd and rwnd are already there. You just need to use the latest.

moodorky

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2003, 10:39:00 AM »

No it's definitely not there.
I got the 2-09-03 CVS build.  The AVIs in xVid/DivX is proper since it works perfectly on my PC/laptop and I scanned it for errors. I dunno how long you FF your movies but 5-6 minutes in (if I'm lucky) it stops updating the video display and just advances the clock.  Being able to arbitrarily selecting a portion of the movie should be a basic feature.  Hey I'm not complaining too much since it's free but this is supposed to be one of the killer apps for the Xbox.  I'm just a bit frustrated since it seems like they're focused on adding more features when the features already there aren't 100% yet (i.e. misplaced priorities).

xprezz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2003, 11:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (Troll123 @ Feb 10 2003, 02:49 AM)
Still buggy but a nice surprise. Press the white controller button while highligted over a movie (make sure the movie name is clear. Ie.
The Phantom Menace.avi
or such.

Check it out:)

Remember STILL BUGGY and in EXPERIMENTAL STAGES.

Funny how you implemented IMDB support which is a kick ass feature and everyone is bitching about ff and shit like that.. Nice work love the feature, just need it to thumbnail as you said oh and remote support for it, but now I'm the one bitching.. rolleyes.gif

Troll123

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2003, 06:19:00 PM »

"I'm just a bit frustrated since it seems like they're focused on adding more features when the features already there aren't 100% yet (i.e. misplaced priorities). "

moodorky;

Its their time and their project, they can set the priority to whatever makes them want to continue programming. When people start bitching and this become more of a pain than a hobby, you can say bye bye to xbmp.
Appreciate what they give us and everyone should definately stop complaining about what they want.

To be honest I think everyone is getting tired of all these complaints.
"Why did they do that they should do this"
"When will X feature be in there, we need it now!"

I tell you all what, pick up a C++ book and start programming. If you want it that bad, do it yourself.
Thats not directed directly to you, just everyone before you bitch remember that this is their time they are giving to us for free.

Troll123

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2003, 06:20:00 PM »

This is also the last time I make a post about a new surprise. Apparently more people choose to bitch then to say thanks.

No_Remorse_666

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2003, 09:41:00 PM »

We should all be saying thanks for their hard work, which
they release to us for FREE. Use it, enjoy It, hope for bug fixes.
but dont come here and bitch about it. What a slap in the face
of the people who work hard on this great app.

just my 2 cents

Flagg3

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2003, 07:47:00 AM »

Troll123,

Don't stop posting.  I couldn't wait to try the IMDB support when I downloaded the CVS yesterday!  What's absolutely amazing is that it's a very early prototype but it already works perfectly.  

Yes, most of us already know what the movie that we put on the xbox is, but if you really were using your xbox to it's fullest potential you would have one setup in the living room/family room for everyone to enjoy.  While I may know what the movie is, my girlfriend or my guests may not.  Plus the movie poster it grabs from IMDB is perfect for a thumbnail and they are implementing ways for it to be automatically saved for you.  

FF/RW work great in the latest CVS released for all of my xVids and Divxs.  This too was one of my biggest complaints but now it works perfectly

These are the hardest working guys out there.  They get more done in a day then most groups get done in a month!  (When exactly was the last Nexgen update...)

Instead of complaining why don't you send a few bucks to the team to show your support?  In my opinion, they have definitely earned it.

Flagg3

Troll123

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2003, 09:36:00 AM »

I agree, if you want to donate to the XBMP team you can here:
http://www.xboxmedia...nfo_contrib.htm

moodorky

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2003, 12:02:00 PM »

You are right. I'm so used to the company I work at (I'm a Java developer by trade) where we try to follow the ideal: make sure it's pretty damn stable and working before you pack in new features, and release to the customers.
It is their free time and I value that biggrin.gif.
But hey, you're right. I haven't done any Visual C++ programming since Uni. I think it's high time i get on my ass and get to know the XDK and Xbox homebrew development.  All I'm after is a very basic media player anyway, not a dashboard replacement with features up the kazoo wink.gif.

Tweeter_PTR

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2003, 08:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (Troll123 @ Feb 11 2003, 03:20 AM)
This is also the last time I make a post about a new surprise. Apparently more people choose to bitch then to say thanks.

I guess I wont mention my surprise either.

Darushin