xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Editor Still Being Worked On?  (Read 821 times)

shznyt

• Archived User
Editor Still Being Worked On?
« on: August 31, 2006, 06:08:00 AM »

Been a long time since last update.  I figured that this project, like all that have been before would never see the light of day.  It irks me that the author came on here panhandling for donations and has not come through with this one.  

Please keep those donations coming in as still got a long way to go till I can afford the component needed for enhanced XML editing

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 08:13:00 AM »

so, did you donate? or are you just on here bleeding about _free_ software that hasnt been released yet?

shznyt

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 10:04:00 AM »

Why would you donate money to a project that hasn't been released and looks like it never will!

I have donated though to XBMC and Blackbolt for MC360.

And if this program was ever released in a working condition I would also likely donate to this project.

|EqUiNoX|

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 11:49:00 PM »

Id like to say this project is being still worked on and will be seeing the light of day. I am and have been using the skin editor to help the MC360 team validate their skin for use with XBMC Skin Editor. Which in turn is helping the editor grow in functionality. The general feeling i got from the forum was nto to keep doing point releases so I have stopped doing that for now, hence why no response (apart from the fact Ive also moved home which caused alot of disruption).

Regarding donations the only reason I ask for them is so I can try to achive this project in some sort of timely manner. Unfortunately donations have been very far and few between and have had to try and code round what is needed still trying to achieve same thing which takes longer.

Please keep in mind I am the only person involved in this project and have a family and full time job too.

Loaded_Gun_Complex

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 12:23:00 AM »

So could you hint to what's been done so far?

|EqUiNoX|

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 02:28:00 PM »

I dont want to give away too much at the moment but I have been working on a set of tools that will be stand alone plus also used as part of skin editor. One of the tools will scan your skin project folder and validate all files contained for xml errors, this tool already has helped me validate MC360 and help keep teamblackbolt's skin files free from errors.

shznyt

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 05:21:00 AM »

Can't you load the files in Firefox and check to see if they are correct?

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 05:24:00 AM »

ITs alot more than just spelling errors and tag errors that XBMC Skin Valiation does.

dhrandy1

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 10:50:00 PM »

...bump... How's progress??

mbit

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »

hellooooooo.......?

|EqUiNoX|

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »

Sorry for no reply, been a busy few month's been coding more of the Skin Editor and helping TeamBlackbolt with a project. I have also found a new home and will be moving withing two weeks so I am a bit uprooted atm but I can assure you I will be posting some kind of update in the new year and will be revealing what Ive been up to.

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(|EqUiNoX| @ Nov 23 2006, 01:28 PM) *

Sorry for no reply, been a busy few month's been coding more of the Skin Editor and helping TeamBlackbolt with a project. I have also found a new home and will be moving withing two weeks so I am a bit uprooted atm but I can assure you I will be posting some kind of update in the new year and will be revealing what Ive been up to.

mmm, something interesting...

can't wait to hear more (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

kzr1y2

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 08:36:00 AM »

Hi EqUiNoX,

Just downloaded SkinEditor 0.1.666 from your site ... I've been experimenting with it - very nice !!!

Several posts seem to indicate that it's possible to save .PNG from non-protected texture.xpr's - is that possible in the current version?

Cheers,

KZ

This post has been edited by kzr1y2: Jan 28 2007, 04:37 PM

|EqUiNoX|

• Recovered User
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 12:53:00 AM »

I will be releasing a tool very soon, that will be named XPR Express, it will be able not only to extract XPR's (non protected) but also compress directories to an XPR.  It will come complete with shell integration (right click in explorer) and full commandline support.

kzr1y2

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 06:16:00 PM »

Sweet ... will it be a 'plug-in' as part of the editor?  Would be 'way k00l' if it was.

Keep us posted,

KZ

PS: I've updated the XBMC Wiki manual to point to the Skin Editor.