xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 277 times)

Xuivo

• Archived User
Quick Question
« on: June 08, 2006, 10:16:00 PM »

Hey, great work!! I've tried it today quickly and it's impressive given the time you first post this idea!!

Quick question though. When you talk about drag and drop, can we imagine a program like frontpage or dreamweaver that let you graphically design your skin while the coding is done in the backgorund?

|EqUiNoX|

• Recovered User
Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 09:56:00 AM »

Yes that is exactly what i plan, however there is one limit I forsee and that is if a file has includes in it there might be problems doing it for that file. Especially because an include can contain controls in it. However I do have some ideas, but wont know if they will work until i get near to that stage to try them out.

Xuivo

• Archived User
Quick Question
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 09:39:00 AM »

Well, never coded XBMC skin up to now, but when you're talking about the include, do you mean the same things as in C++ to include a library? Or is it more like graphic or information from other files (More like a "read" function)?

|EqUiNoX|

• Recovered User
Quick Question
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »

Skins can have includes in them, which upon viewing the skin, the includes are replaced with what they reference. just like an include say in c++. just to make things a bit more complicated an include can contain an include and can be referenced more or less anywhere in the skin. References however is like a default settings for each control type.

http://manual.xboxme...ningInfo&v=1bvk