xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Little Truble With The D0 And Something Else.  (Read 100 times)

grim_chel

• Archived User
Little Truble With The D0 And Something Else.
« on: June 10, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »

Tried to make D0 bigger and messed up some stuff here is the pic. Any help in fixing it would be terrific. Thanks. (IMG:http://members.roadfly.org/grim_chel/d0.jpg)

This post has been edited by grim_chel: Jun 10 2004, 10:05 PM <

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »

OUCH!...but it can be fixed

for the broken trace, just tin a SMALL (very small) ammount of solder on the tip of your iron (extra fine tip) and try to connect the 2 sides (do this slowly,take your time and make sure the solder is touching nothing else)

for the d0, you can always use the ALT d0 and it should work but you might not be able to boot from tsop again due to the broken d0 via (point that goes through the mobo). you can always try a little blob of solder in the hole but again, take your time.  <

grim_chel

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 03:16:00 PM »

can i use conductive pen or paint to fix the truble?  <

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »

it could work but just make sure you don't put too much ink  <

grim_chel

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 03:25:00 PM »

I was thinking about covering the area around trait with the electic tape and carefully going thru teh traice. Actually I did it not b/c I had solder mod chip but soderless x2 2.3b + and I wanted to get more surface area for the d0 connector by making d0 bigger and putting some solder in it.  <

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (grim_chel @ Jun 10 2004, 07:14 PM)
I was thinking about covering the area around trait with the electic tape and carefully going thru teh traice. Actually I did it not b/c I had solder mod chip but soderless x2 2.3b + and I wanted to get more surface area for the d0 connector by making d0 bigger and putting some solder in it.

that's probably the best solution since you won't accidentally put ink on other parts...good luck  <

sdpnoy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 03:49:00 PM »

I've always wanted to ask but never bothered to...where do you get conductive ink at?  <

xboxmodder4life

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »

it's been a while since i've been modding xbox's or anything. I was able to fix a few fried D0's and traces with these steps.

1. get some 30gauge wire(nice and thin)
2. Tin the wire with alittle solder(flux helps wonders with this process)
3. I usually didnt connect it on the trace i'd go back to the point on the board where the trace started and connecting the starting point with the ending point. This made it easier to solder. I'd hold the tinned wire on the point and apply alittle pressure with a 15watt soldering iron for about 3-4seconds(after the iron is hott) and then lift and still hold the wire down for 5-10seconds then let go it should stay on the point if not try again. As for the D0 my only suggestion would be to use the alternative D0 if that doesnt work you can try to run the d0 from the bottom to the top or from the top to the bottom depending which one u fried.
4. Use hot glue to hold the wire in place.

That's how i fixed a few xbox's, that's just my personal expierence, but def. give it a try as u got nothing to lose. And just to let you know i used that technique on those same points

This post has been edited by xboxmodder4life: Jun 11 2004, 01:38 AM <

iruleathalog

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »

ya hot glue rules ^^^  <