xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc Skin Editor Feedback  (Read 324 times)

|EqUiNoX|

• Recovered User
Xbmc Skin Editor Feedback
« on: June 07, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »

As the title says please list any bugs you find here, preferably with screenshots. Or even list features you would like to see in future versions of XBMC Skin Editor.

okt

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »

It seems to crash when previewing larger files. Also the png rendering is horrible, not sure if this is just on my end...
(IMG:http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/218/png0ja.jpg)

|EqUiNoX|

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »

The quality of the image is deliberate if the xpr is classed as protected then all images will be downgraded in quality. This is to protect skin designers having all their graphics ripped (they have a choice to protect xpr or not). Some graphics may take a while to extract due to the size of them and may make program at the momemnt look like it is doing nothing. I am however going to speed up the extraction at a later point.

Hope that clears some things up.

okt

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »

Maybe have a preview window so when you highlight an image you are able to see it without having to open up its own window. The other thing that I can think might be good, is xpr creation, and modification... so you can import into and export out of (unprotected ofcourse). and creating new xml files might be good aswell. Getting the preview of the skin working will be a big step and worth the wait. smile.gif

Good work, keep it up.

chillinator

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »

Any chance of a mac version sometime in the future?  This looks like a sweet app though, btw. Keep up the good work!

PMKnecht

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 07:55:00 AM »

Hey, really cool work smile.gif Is it possible to add a feature which allows to save an open image? I'm not asking for a solution to save all pictures out of a texture file, but it would be nice to extract some single images from time to time.

Peter

Jaxter

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »

Any chance of a mac version sometime in the future? This looks like a sweet app though, btw. Keep up the good work!

Yeah, in a few years, just like the MAC version of Generals, or Black and White biggrin.gif

azido

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 01:13:00 PM »

what about xml validating for correct syntax n' stuff?