xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: General Chat For Xbmc Skin Editor  (Read 529 times)

|EqUiNoX|

• Recovered User
General Chat For Xbmc Skin Editor
« on: May 25, 2006, 03:01:00 PM »

I am currently developing a skin editor for XBMC called appropriately XBMC Skin Editor. Development is going pretty well and progress is being made. You can check out the main site for such things as screenshots and news about progress.

Please feel free to post any suggestions, comments or questions here, but please try to keep things constructive.

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 03:07:00 PM »

Awesome, MC360 is supported by XBMC Skin Editor, so you can edit MC360 and start them ideas rolling.

The beauty of XBMC:SE is that you don't need to know any advanced skinning engine techniques to skin, you can just see exactly how PM3 or MC360 was made, see how the textures are used and start editing the skins or even creating your own skins.

The future looks bright for XBMC Skins, the future is orange, are shitting me its BLUE, ROYAL BLUE!

Anyway, just one last thing to say, Where was this app 4 months ago when MC360 started production! lmao

Tranman

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 03:16:00 PM »

Sweet, I can't wait to try this out.  I've been wanting to dive into making a skin for XBMC.  I have the graphic design skills to create something cool, but I don't have the coding skills needed to develop one from scratch.  I've just been modding current PMIII and PDM skins for my own liking.

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 03:20:00 PM »

Awesome!

This will definitely expand the XBMC skinning community.

imamafackinhokie

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 07:30:00 AM »

Nice work sir.

deshman

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

I hope that you can change the images on the main XBMC page when selecting Videos, Music, and Programs....the pic of that girl is killing me.

|EqUiNoX|

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

You can be rest assured, everything will be fully configurable and as easy to do as possible. So if you are wanting to modify your favourite skin or create a new one from scratch you will be able to do it all through XBMC Skin Editor to your hearts content.

wtz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »

first I must say that it's really good that someone with the skills have took upon him to make a software like this.

second... I saw you are (planning on) implementing a preview feature, do u intend to have it preview the animations aswell?

/regard wtz

|EqUiNoX|

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »

I will be including animations at a later stage in the development, it is certainly possible and have made measures for this to be eventually included. I'm currently trying to concentrate on the basic functionality so people can start editing and modifying skins as soon as possible.

After that stage I will be adding all the bells and whistles to make the application as feature rich as possible. I also intend to add the ability to upload your skins direct to your xbox thru the application.

Please remember any donations will help me speed up development as this will enable me to purchase time saving controls needed within the application rather than having to develop them myself from scratch.

xomp

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »

Great work |EqUiNoX|, can't wait for the end product wink.gif

Raap

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 09:18:00 AM »

Awesome. Great idea, I like the idea of being on top of things and a skin editor surely gives you a lot more 'control'. Just a question, will you also release the source? Seems to me that there will always be people that can help you improve your product.

PC509

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 09:26:00 AM »

This is awesome. It's things like this that make this an amazing community. Great work! I'll be putting some time into using this!

Thanks!

takagen

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 03:32:00 AM »

Superb.
Will get my hands on it once it's released. smile.gif

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 11:43:00 PM »

What are you coding in mate?

Have you tried just building the guilib project for the PC?

I reckon a good weekend or so (mostly spent getting a DirectX8 app running nicely) would get the guilib project up and running and displaying the skin on the PC.

At least that way it's guaranteed to preview identically.

Anyway, just a thought.  I may be able to give a hand if you want to take a crack at this, but it'll be after 2.0 obviously!

Cheers,
Jonathan

|EqUiNoX|

• Recovered User
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 01:32:00 AM »

Im coding mainly in VB .NET with some c++.

That sounds great a great idea if possible, did not go that way as I personally have limited c++ skills. But with your help im sure we could really do something really nice. I will will carry on with my current engine to see how much success I get from it as need it for adding/removing control properties in design mode. At the moment I have got as far as merging Includes with Skin and Includes with References  now doing the merge of the skin with merged includes with references with merged includes (if that makes sense  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) hehe).

This post has been edited by |EqUiNoX|: May 31 2006, 08:46 AM
Pages: [1] 2