xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Splinter Cell Exploit  (Read 140 times)

Kernal

• Archived User
Splinter Cell Exploit
« on: May 24, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »

I have just transfered the Splinter Cell Exploit onto my Crystal XBOX.
When I load the game up all is well I choose load "Check Points" and
Evox loads up OK.

When I press the eject button my XBOX re-sets back to the MS dash.

Is there a way round this?

Cheers

moddingbox_

• Archived User
Splinter Cell Exploit
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »

boo softmods! Dude, softmods are bad in my eyes I've heard so many horror stories about xbox's screwing up it's not even funny. Spend the 50 bucks and get a modchip :) If your not sure about installing it your self and programming the hdd and reflashing the chip you can send it to me and I'll do it. If your interested post message me email me or add me on msn at [email protected] you can also, add me if you have a few questions about modchips and if you decide to do it your self I'll help you with locating all the files and explaining what to do. Hope this helps

atomiX

• Archived User
Splinter Cell Exploit
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 12:17:00 PM »

not for now, you will need to ftp an exploit (i recommend audio or double-dash exploits). i think one of those exploits prevents the reboot on eject (not sure which one though since i'm not an expert on exploits). maybe we could get some feedback on this...

edit: if he want to use exploits he should be able to...
just make sure you know what you're doing when using exploits...if done correctly, it can be a relief not to have to pay 50$  :D  

This post has been edited by atomiX on May 24 2004, 07:21 PM

Kernal

• Archived User
Splinter Cell Exploit
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »

Thanks,

I wanted to keep the Crystal unopened, I am sort of new to Exploits.
I hear that you cannot use the font / audio exploit on certain dash / Kernel versions.
I was hoping to be able to use the Splinter Cell exploit (even though it is a
bit of a pain in the ass).

Cheers.

atomiX

• Archived User
Splinter Cell Exploit
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »

yes, you need compatible kernel and dashboard versions...good idea on keeping a crystal xbox unopened  :D

read the exploit tutorials in the tutorials section on xbox-scene cuz like i said, if not done correctly, you could wind up with a dead xbox and end up buying a chip

Kernal

• Archived User
Splinter Cell Exploit
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 01:09:00 PM »

Anyone got any info on how I can get the game save exploit working on my Crystal?

moddingbox_

• Archived User
Splinter Cell Exploit
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 01:23:00 PM »

Atomix I know it's his choice im just saying I don't like exploits. Was just trying to help in any way noobies may not know the negative out comes of a bad exploit so I was just warning him :) that's all and you are correct if he gets this done right he saves $50 get's it wrong has a VERY nice precious model of a crystal xbox.

atomiX

• Archived User
Splinter Cell Exploit
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »

yeah moddingxbox_, no prob  :)  i prefer modchips too but exploits can also be a viable alternative...

you already got the gamesave exloit working (evox is working) the next part is to ftp to your xbox using evox and load the dashboard exploit so you don't need to use the splinter cell exploit again. make sure the exploit is compatible before you transfer to your xbox. i advise against using any font exploit since you won't be able to load the dash again...and if there is a prob, you're out of luck

btw, do you want to use live with that xbox?

This post has been edited by atomiX on May 24 2004, 08:29 PM

Kernal

• Archived User
Splinter Cell Exploit
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »

Cheers,

But I reckon that my Kernal / Dash versions are not compatable.

How do you run a dash exploit? I have heard of the Font and Audio exploit but
never a dash exploit, or am I being a dumb ass?

atomiX

• Archived User
Splinter Cell Exploit
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

audio, font and double-dash exploits ARE dashboard exploits because they replace dashboard files. as for 007, mechassault and splinter cell, they are gamesave exploits

you need the gamesave exploits to install the dashboard exploits. hope that clarifies things a bit

Kernal

• Archived User
Splinter Cell Exploit
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 12:19:00 AM »

I have the following D / K versions, could anyone give me an idea as to which soft mod I can use?

K = 5713.01
D = 5960.01

Thanks.

Blank

• Archived User
Splinter Cell Exploit
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 05:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (Kernal @ May 25 2004, 01:19 AM)
I have the following D / K versions, could anyone give me an idea as to which soft mod I can use?

K = 5713.01
D = 5960.01

Thanks.

None... your kernel doesn't allow a force downgrade of the dashboard. None are supported yet, if ever. Sorry... :(

Kernal

• Archived User
Splinter Cell Exploit
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 05:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (Blank @ May 25 2004, 12:33 PM)
None... your kernel doesn't allow a force downgrade of the dashboard. None are supported yet, if ever. Sorry... :(

How about a game save? Is there not way I can run homebrew on this BOX without a chip?
What if I was to sign the xbe files and copy games over to the stock HDD using game save to FTP?

Cheers

Ned_Flanders

• Archived User
Splinter Cell Exploit
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2004, 06:10:00 PM »

Gamesaves ARE compatible with every kernal and dash so far. But Phoenix Bios Loader will NOT run on your kernal. You can still install the Ultimate Dashboard Exploit but you will be booting a habibi signed evox (or dashboard of your choice, you should really try UnleashX - it is awesome) instead of PBL. This is ok, but I believe then reset on eject is on. Someone correct me if I am wrong. But you can still FTP games to your hdd (but how would you even have a copy of the game on your PC??  <_< ). You would then put the game contents on E:\ and sign the default.xbe with xbedump and the -habibi signature. Check my sig for the UDE link.