xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Few Questions  (Read 273 times)

Dark Seeker

• Archived User
Few Questions
« on: June 18, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »

Ok i wanna put 2 extra buttons on the media blade. One for Anime and the Other for Movies...also...I made a Folder in videos called Naruto and i made another folder in it called Season 1... now how do i change the thumbnail for that 1 ... theres no option...also...how can i make custom skins for xbmc(like intigrate custom wallpapers and blade skins and Mc360 Logo)

Martomo

• Archived User
Few Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »

In the XBMC Wiki is pretty much all you need to know about XBMC, like how to skin and more, if you having trouble navigating I suggest using the search function.

Make sure before you edit any skin XML's that you have the right resolution folder, './PAL/' is for standard (4x3) resolution and './PAL16x9/' is for widescreen resolution, that matches your settings.

For adding the 2 buttons, you have to edit the Home.xml, you can edit any of the button controls or add them, they are in group id '9000', which is around lines 217-495.

About the custom thumbnail, you have to put the thumbnail in the same folder as the content, and name it to a specific name, I believe it was folder.jpg or it could be default.tbn.
(example, E:\Videos\Naruto\Season 1\folder.jpg)

With custom skins you probably mean themes, you can find those under the XBMC Live Place, or check out the XBMC Black Market website out.
If you don't find any you like, you can always make your own, you can extract *.xpr files with XPRExpress and when you're done editing you can compress it with XPRExpress too.

At the moment the site for XPRExpress seems to be under maintenance, you can check the usual places if it's available over there.

Hope this helped.

2 Bunny

• Archived User
Few Questions
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Martomo @ Jun 19 2008, 11:51 AM) View Post
In the XBMC Wiki is pretty much all you need to know about XBMC, like how to skin and more, if you having trouble navigating I suggest using the search function.

Make sure before you edit any skin XML's that you have the right resolution folder, './PAL/' is for standard (4x3) resolution and './PAL16x9/' is for widescreen resolution, that matches your settings.

For adding the 2 buttons, you have to edit the Home.xml, you can edit any of the button controls or add them, they are in group id '9000', which is around lines 217-495.

About the custom thumbnail, you have to put the thumbnail in the same folder as the content, and name it to a specific name, I believe it was folder.jpg or it could be default.tbn.
(example, E:\Videos\Naruto\Season 1\folder.jpg)

With custom skins you probably mean themes, you can find those under the XBMC Live Place, or check out the XBMC Black Market website out.
If you don't find any you like, you can always make your own, you can extract *.xpr files with XPRExpress and when you're done editing you can compress it with XPRExpress too.

At the moment the site for XPRExpress seems to be under maintenance, you can check the usual places if it's available over there.

Hope this helped.

Yeah, I had a similar question: On the little shortcut buttons, specifically in the "game menu" like "xBox arcade" and "games", how can I make those link to a specific folder where the emulators and games are stored, not just the root of the drive?

- 2 Bunny