xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Problem  (Read 107 times)

Nickle13

• Archived User
Dvd Problem
« on: May 18, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

MY ultimate problem that I cannot figure out now is why my modde xbox will not play dvd movies.... It plays .avi's and .mpegs through XBMC but when I put in a real DVD it frezzes up... or if I put it in the dvd drive before I load up the system it seems like it is going to load and then just kicks back out to the evox screen... I've been searching all over the forums here and haven't been able to find a solution for my problem.. I saw that one guy had the same problem as me but no one repsonded to him....

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in Advance

realjones

• Archived User
Dvd Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »

check your evox.ini config file to see what DVD player you have setup to work.  The most likely problem is that your evox.ini file is setup to use a DVD player you don't have installed, and so it's not working.

Nickle13

• Archived User
Dvd Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 08:58:00 AM »

And where would I find that evox.ini file..... and where in that file would it list the dvd player that is selected???

thanks for your help

pjfan281

• Archived User
Dvd Problem
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 09:14:00 AM »

perhaps you have autorun dvd in evox.ini turned off.   does the dvd load if you click "Play Games or Media from DVD Rom"?

Nickle13

• Archived User
Dvd Problem
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 09:37:00 AM »

Hey,
I've tried both w/ outrun on and off and both times it would just go to a blank screen and kick back to the dashboard

realjones

• Archived User
Dvd Problem
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 09:58:00 AM »

your evox.ini file is on the xbox HD in one of the folders.  Look for it and you'll find it.  I think it goes in C: if you are using the original xbox HD, i forget.

look for the line "DVDPlayer    = "f:\apps\dvd2.0\default.xbe""

and change the stuff in quotes to "C:\xboxdash.xbe" if you are using the MS xbox DVD playback kit.  If you are using some other DVD program you will have to set the quotes to point to wherever that program's default.xbe is at.