xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Monster Mod! Video Marketplace, Plus Others  (Read 2557 times)

timdog82001

• Archived User
Monster Mod! Video Marketplace, Plus Others
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »

UPDATE!

This should be just about the final version, unless somebody else thinks of something interesting to add.  For the time being, I'm out of good ideas that don't require 20,000,000,000 more lines of code to accomplish.

Anyway, here's what's been changed and/or added:

Added: Library, Script and XBE Modes for TV Shows and Movie buttons.  You can now customize these buttons separately to launch an app or game, script, video bookmark, or Library, and you can specify any subsection of the Movie and TV Show libraries, if you would like it to automatically open one of those.

Added: You can now rename the Movies and TV Shows buttons.

Added: Internet/Web Browser Icons

Changed: You can now enable the TV Show and Movies buttons separately.  You can have one or both enabled.

Changed: Default scripts for Video Marketplace are now all skinned for MC360 thanks to Chi3f smile.gif  Skinned scripts have now been moved to MC360's "extras" folder

Added: Small XBMC Live Place mod.  Since the game trainers website is gone and the button no longer works, I modified it to launch T3ch's XBMC Updater Script, to hold us over till we get an official fix from blackbolt or jezz_X.  The T3ch updater script is also included with the mod now.

Fixed/Changed/Added: A lot of glitches and features I can't remember

DOWNLOAD!

You can also download from the link posted on the first page, its the same file.

As always, I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions and especially problems or bugs.

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »

Actually, one thing I would still like to change is I would like to make all the text in the CNN script black, but I don't know how.  Would anybody be willing to do this for me?  I imagine it's something super simple, but I just have no idea how.  Thanks smile.gif

alienbiker99

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »

i wont be able to test this out, but if you open up the  the default.py in the CNN folder, replace all "FFFFFFFF" with "FF000000". i think this should work

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(alienbiker99 @ Apr 19 2007, 08:16 PM) View Post

i wont be able to test this out, but if you open up the  the default.py in the CNN folder, replace all "FFFFFFFF" with "FF000000". i think this should work

I already sorted out the text color thing, but thanks smile.gif

pikapben

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »

Does the XBMC-TV include the streams that were posted in the Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack posted by timdog82001 at this link?

http://forums.xbox-s...o...c=510683

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »

woooo somebody who actually used my streaming pack...or at least knew about it

XBMC-TV has SOME of those streams, but a lot of them haven't been added yet.  I don't think any of the streams I took off winamp are added in yet.    I know that ess.tv no longer exists, so those streams are kind of useless now, and that was the main thing i used out of those anyway.  Were there any streams in particular you wanted?  I could see what I can do about getting them added in.

pikapben

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2007, 12:01:00 AM »

I also mostly tried to use the ess.tv when it was available, but noticed you worked on both of these streams.  Thought some of the old stream pack could be incorporated into the new one.

On a side note. Is it possible to add the super mod function to edit the favorites?

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2007, 12:24:00 AM »

That's not a bad idea.  I'll look into that, should be pretty straight forward....Though, what would you like it to do?  Just launch scripts?  Apps/games?

About adding in some of that stream stuff, I think its planned to be done, but they haven't really started attacking any of the traditional movie/tv show streams, most of what's in it so far are webcams and educational or information video streams, with a few actual broadcast stations, such as animal planet.  If I were working on the streams themselves, I probably would have added this by now, but I'm really just part of the team to work on the icons when I have time (which hasn't been very much lately).  I don't think there's any reason I can't help add streams, but I would like to get caught up on the icons first.  Maybe i'll have time in the next week or so to do that and work on adding a few streams from my old pack, plus some new stuff.

pikapben

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2007, 12:44:00 AM »

Full Features:
--"Disable Kai Info" option to remove kai buttons from live blade and replace them with extras
--Access to unofficial marketplace area to download scripts and images to customize your xbox from your xbox
--Gamercards set to buttons to bring you to respective pages (i.e. weather gamercard brings you to weather)
--Optionable Homebrew button can be added
--Options to remove descriptions, logos, blade labels, whitewash, blade haze, and gamercard
--Abilty to choose custom blades, background animations, gamercards, and logos
--New whitewash animations for page transitions (can be disabled)
--Enhanced window transitions to file manager, weather, and scripts
--Backgrounds of file manager, weather, and scripts dynamic to reflect last page visited
--Exiting file manager, weather, and scripts return to previous page
--Favorites menus for select buttons to give access to your frequently used games/programs/scripts (must edit xml)

I like the ability to add optional homebrew button, disable kia to replace with something else, and the favorites.  I guess I thought some of this could also be incorporated if it has not already by new mc360 releases.

To answer your question it would be nice to load a script/app.  Not so much a game.

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2007, 07:45:00 AM »

I can probably add all that (except for the actual marketplace part).  It would be cake compared to what most of this mod has been like to work on.  Some of these buttons have 40 different visibility conditionals.  It's the most confusing thing ever to try to work on.\

Oh, and adding an app is the same as adding a game, they're both xbe's

pikapben

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2007, 11:34:00 AM »

Thanks for considering the suggestions, and I will be watching this topic.

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »

I'm almost done adding the new settings window (ran out of space) and Have finished adding in a custom button in the games blade (more or less the homebrew button...you can name it and launch an app/game/dashboard or script from it) and also added the old disabled kai info XBMC Live blade stuff.  I have to go to martial arts now but there's a chance I could add the favorites config in by tonight.  It's really amazing how simple most regular skinning is once you've made a mod as ridiculously complicated, code wise, as this one haha

Any other feature requests?

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2007, 11:16:00 AM »

Does anybody know how to implement a conditional visibility in Python on a .gif file based on the current theme?  Once I figure that out, I'll be posting an update, since I finished adding all that other stuff early yesterday

kazaaboy

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2007, 11:47:00 AM »

Thanx for mod...I use it all the time and looking forward to the next update..

If I may make one little request....a play and resume button on the movie info menu...If not don't worry, the mod still rocks!!

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2007, 05:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(muggsy @ Apr 22 2007, 01:57 PM) View Post

I've just tried this mod out as well, and can confirm that all works well in master mode. But TV / Movies does not work in other profiles. The Retro-X works, but the video market place does not

Could you guys tell me the exact settings you're using for everything and exactly how it's not working?  I can't seem to duplicate this, it works perfectly for me in both master mode and in profiles, and honestly, I can't think of anything that could make that happen anyway
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10