xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Monster Mod! Video Marketplace, Plus Others  (Read 2552 times)

CHI3f

• Archived User
Monster Mod! Video Marketplace, Plus Others
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 06:10:00 AM »

Why dont you do all the old supermod stuff? People really seemed to like it.

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »

hmm i can take a look, i don't really remember what was in it cause I only ever really used the marketplace part

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »

or is the Supermod the favorites thing?  I can't remember

BaTuZai

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 09:53:00 PM »

I tried it today and man i like it now im having skin issues thx man great monster mod

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »

what do you mean skin issues? what's happening?

ritekgirl

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2007, 05:37:00 AM »

Looks great, just downloaded it and will have a play tonight.

Impressive by what I've read here so far.

Ritekgirl
I have 2 XBOXES with XBMC & MC360 & my kids don't & I'm lovin' it!

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 02:12:00 AM »

UPDATE!

Ok, I've fixed a few imperfections, and cleaned up a bunch of code in the configuration dialogs, and added a couple of cool new features:

ADDED:

- Movie, TV Show, and Music Library Modes:  You can now have a button bring you directly to any section within the Music or Video libraries (except the music ones like Top 100 and Recently Added, I didn't bother with those).  Also, Bookmark mode and Library mode will switch into or out of Library mode by themselves now, so you don't have to worry about which mode you're in beforehand.

- Audio and Picture Bookmark capability, in addition to the Video Bookmark capability already there.  You can now link buttons to Music and Picture bookmarks.

- XBE Mode.  You can configure the buttons to launch Programs or games.

- I'm including a folder of "Wide Marketplace Icons" especially for widescreen TV's.  I can't decide what I think about these, but they keep the aspect ratio and don't clip anything, but they leave a LOT of empty space in the buttons.  I tried initially making it so all the regular images just keep the aspect ratio when in widescreen, but basically what happens is they get a lot bigger and a lot of the edges get clipped off, which ends up looking kind of crappy, but then again, so does a stretched image.  So basically, you guys decide what to use.

(IMG:http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4072/screenshot000eh1.th.png)

I have updated the Download link on the first page, so you can update by downloading there, or for those of you who would like to keep up with the most recent changes and additions to this mod and/or to XBMC-TV, my mod has been added to the official XBMC-TV SVN.

To get everything set up to update via SVN, download tortoiseSVN (found Here).  Once installed, create a folder and name it XBMC-TV or MC360 Mod or something like that.  Right click on the folder, and select "SVN Checkout."  Where it says "URL of repository:" enter "http://xbmc-strm-collection.googlecode.com/svn/trunk"  and press enter.  It should now download everything, which will probably take a couple of minutes.  Once done, run the build.bat, which should create a folder named "BUILD."  There is a separate Build.bat for both xbmc-tv and for this mod, so you will have to run both of them.  Once you've done both, FTP the contents of the build folders over to the appropriate locations on the xbox as usual, and you're done!

If you can't for some reason use SVN, but still want frequent updates, there are snapshots of the current state of SVN of both XBMC-TV and this mod posted frequently for download at http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-strm-collection/

As always, I'd appreciate you guys posting here to let me know about any bugs or issues, or even suggestions you may find.

Enjoy!

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 03:28:00 AM »

Hey guys,

There was a problem with the configuration menu where several buttons didn't work and one completely opened the wrong dialog.  I fixed these and have submitted the changes to SVN and updated the download on the first page again.

madnizz

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 06:29:00 AM »

The TV shows button just open the video folder and not the tv shows folder.
I know editing a file will fix that,but don't remember which it was.

slang123

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »

Yea, could you add an option to let "TV" and "Movies" goto the library locations.
Thanks

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 01:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(madnizz @ Mar 31 2007, 05:00 AM) View Post

The TV shows button just open the video folder and not the tv shows folder.
I know editing a file will fix that,but don't remember which it was.

You have to make two separate bookmarks in the video section, one for TV and one for movies, and then, when you enable the tv and movies buttons, two more options appear below to "Link to TV Show/Movie Bookmark" or something like that.  There, just type in the name of the respective bookmarks and it should work.

QUOTE(slang123 @ Mar 31 2007, 08:44 AM) View Post

Yea, could you add an option to let "TV" and "Movies" goto the library locations.
Thanks

It's on my list wink.gif  Should be the next thing I work on actually.  I'll probably be adding the ability to change the name of the tv show and movie buttons too and make it so they can launch scripts as well, so they'll have a slightly more universal use.

ppan76

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »

I am having another issue.

Logged in as the main profile (master mode). Everything works great.  If i log in with another profile. The movie/tv shows book marks dont work.  When enabled, in the Media Blade the video button is gone and in its place is an empty button.

Thanks for the mod. it's great

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »

that's extremely strange....there's no reason that should even be able to happen that I can think of.  I'll try to reproduce that

unstoppable77

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »

There is a problem with 2 files..

custom1973_VideoMarketplaceConfiguration2.xml
custom1995_VideoMarketplaceConfiguration.xml

I cannot transfer them to my xbox because the names are too long,
If I make the file name short and transfer it works, then when I try to rename it to its original name with unleashed X text editor it wont let me.

Are those files important or is it ok if I run the mod without them?

nuka1195

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »

they are probably important, you should be ok, with renaming them. If you use xbmc to transfer them, xbmc should rename them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10