xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Changing Some Buttons On Games Blade  (Read 921 times)

Archigos

• Archived User
Changing Some Buttons On Games Blade
« on: March 14, 2007, 09:50:00 PM »

I just want to change two buttons and I've looked everywhere for the one.  I admit I haven't tried the second one yet.  I've noticed the xml's have changed enough that the only stuff I could find about changing one of the buttons on the Games Blade to a link to DVD2Xbox doesn't apply anymore.

Essentially what I'm trying to do is change the "Xbox Arcade" button to a link either to DVD2Xbox or the script that I have that runs it, and I want to change the "Game Saves" button to use
CODE
"XBMC.ActivateWindow(webbrowser)"
since there's a Game Saves button under the System Tab and I'm using the SVN 8112 that's compiled with LinksBox.  (Under PMIII skin there's a button that just says Internet, but I'd rather not have to switch to PMIII everytime I want to go online.)

I'd like to get this done as soon as possible, I have to go back to the hospital next monday for more Chemotherapy and they let me bring my Xbox, but it wont be worth having internet there unless I fix this.

Thanks in advance.
AJ

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 01:43:00 AM »

Ok, it's pretty simple when all you're doing is changing buttons that are already there....For adding DVD2XBOX, find the part in the custom1112_GamesHome.xml that says "Emulator Push Button" or something like that, and change the onclick part to say <onclick>XBMC.RunXBE(E:\Apps\DVD2XBOX\default.xbe)</onclick> (or whatever the path to DVD2xbox would be in your case).  Then, where it says <include>1002398</include> (i just made that number up, but it should look something like that, in the same little group of lines as the onclick) change it to say <label>DVD2Xbox</label> or wahtever you want the button to say on it.  Then, if you want to change the description on the right to match, find the part that says something like "emulators multiline description" or something, and where it has the include that looks similar to the one i posted above, change that so that the ends say label instead of include, and in the middle, type what you want it to say....Make sure when you're replacing these includes, you don't replace the wrong ones.  There will be others mixed in there too, but those should have words instead of numbers

Then, for linksboks, basically do the same thing, only looking for the Game Saves button instead of the emulator button to modify....Or, instead, you could add an entirely new button, because it's already set up to do that.  if you look toward middle/bottom of the xml, there will be a part talking about "custom push button" and stuff.  Just add in your stuff, and delete the line that says <visible>no</visible>, or if you only want that button to appear when you have an internet connection, you could make it say <visible>System.HasNetwork</visible>

Let me know if you need more clarification...

Archigos

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 09:34:00 AM »

Thanks Tim, I was looking around and thought I was changing it right based on what I've read awhile back, I changed a few buttons back in the 0.99b days fine, but it didn't seem to have any effect.

You explained it well, I just finished changing one and going to add the Linksboks in a minute before testing it in XBMC_PC.  (which may have been my problem for changes not showing in the first place).

Oh, nice touch with the HasNetwork part.

snoopy22

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »

Looking to do the same but for the game trainers button in xbmc live. I successfully relink the button to launch linksboks but i dont know how to change to button to show linksboks instead of game trainers (text and img)... help me plz

thx

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 10:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(snoopy22 @ Apr 11 2007, 08:42 AM) View Post

Looking to do the same but for the game trainers button in xbmc live. I successfully relink the button to launch linksboks but i dont know how to change to button to show linksboks instead of game trainers (text and img)... help me plz
thx

in the same group where you changed the onclick, there should be something that says <onclick>20051</onclick>.  Change that whole line to instead say <label>LinksBoks</label> or whatever you want it to say.  Then, above this grouping will be another group called "Market Place Button 3 Image Icon."  Here, change the <texture>XBMCLivePlace\icon-Trainers.png</texture> to whatever you want.  You can just put the picture you want to use in the media folder of mc360 and then just put the name of the image file there and it automatically looks in the media folder.  If it's located somewhere outside that media folder though, you of course have to specify the exact file path.

Also, I'm not sure if any of my images would work for the web browser, but if you want to check them out, I made up a bunch of images for my Video marketplace mod which are the correct size and stuff for that button.  Or, you could even just configure one of those buttons in my mod and just use that to launch linksboks, but I assume you want it in the xbmc live blade.  If you want to check out the icons though, you can find the download for the mod with the icons here:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=593354

The link on the first page is fine, but if you want a slightly more up to date version, I have it in SVN as well, which you can find the info for on page on the bottom of page two.  There aren't any new icons in the SVN that aren't in the download though.

snoopy22

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »

Ok thx

snoopy22

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »

anyway to make my custom icon ?

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 03:02:00 PM »

sure, why not.  I'll see if i can finish it today.

snoopy22

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 03:15:00 PM »

oh thats so cool that youre making it for me using the linksboks logo...when i said make my custum icon i meant myself but its even better if you do it for me  biggrin.gif

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 04:42:00 PM »

lol i thought maybe you might have meant that after i posted it but it couldn't hurt to have that icon for my mod anyway, so I might as well

snoopy22

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »

PM me when its done  biggrin.gif

snoopy22

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 05:32:00 PM »

dont want to ask to much of you but since i updated my xbmc build my infocard showing my ip and free drive space, i know i have to edit the Gamercard_Commons.xml but i dont know what part..

Currently the infocard shows the drive f and g, but i dont have an f an g drive, i would like it to show the c and e drive help !

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 06:37:00 PM »

go to the bottom of the file and delete the stuff about the info card and replace it with
CODE

Free Space C
                System.Freespace(C)
                font12
                TextcolorBlack
                shadow-grey

Free Space E
                System.Freespace(E)
                font12
                TextcolorBlack
                shadow-grey

This post has been edited by timdog82001: Apr 12 2007, 01:38 AM

timdog82001

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 07:15:00 PM »

http://img87.imagesh...browser1zn0.png
http://img353.images...browser2hb9.png
http://img107.images...browser5mi9.png
http://img246.images...browser4bz0.png
http://img407.images...browser3ko2.png

I didn't spend a ton of time on them, but I think they look pretty good.  I tried finding an official linksboks logo, but I couldn't find one that didn't look like crap

snoopy22

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 10:04:00 AM »

Nice work!!! and thanks for the reponse to my question about my infocard. About the linksboks logo have tried using the thumbnail that xbmc generate to create the pics for your mod, the quality seems decent.
Pages: [1] 2 3