xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: F.r.a.g.  (Read 102 times)

Phreaker101

• Archived User
F.r.a.g.
« on: April 07, 2004, 06:19:00 PM »

after installing the 2.3bpro using the wire method  the eject button is flashing red and orange/yellow.  if i plug in the a/v connector to the back it starts flashing red and green and nothing appears on the screen at all. if the light on my external switch is supposed to light up it doesn't. its a version 1.0 xbox.  what could be wrong with it
thanks in advance
 :beer:

futbol4kee

• Archived User
F.r.a.g.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 06:20:00 PM »

ur not getting power to ur chip probably... are the leds on the chip lighting up?

Phreaker101

• Archived User
F.r.a.g.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 06:27:00 PM »

nope, led's are not lighting up either. the xbox also cuts on and off 2 times then it comes back on and works from then on

Phreaker101

• Archived User
F.r.a.g.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »

so im just screwed ?

Oldmanjoe

• Archived User
F.r.a.g.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 08:05:00 PM »

I think you might have lifted a trace. Look for any bad soldering spots or browing on the motherboard.

No Mess

• Archived User
F.r.a.g.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »

Usually when your xbox flashes red and green it means it can't read the bios correctly.  Try checking over your soldering and look for any loose wires.

Phreaker101

• Archived User
F.r.a.g.
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 09:14:00 PM »

I think you might have lifted a trace
i dont have a clue as to what  this means @oldmanjoe. and i haven't put any special bios on the xbox or modchip and i've just tried resoldering all of my wires. do i need to put some bios on the chip for the mod to work  ?

thanks for the suggestions and thanks in advance for those to come

No Mess

• Archived User
F.r.a.g.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2004, 09:32:00 PM »

do i need to put some bios on the chip for the mod to work ?

Are you kidding me, without a bios on your chip, the xbox wont boot up.  Thats probably your problem.

Phreaker101

• Archived User
F.r.a.g.
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »

i thought this chip came pre-flashed with the cromwell bios. well if it didn't can i use the cromwell bios to stop the f.r.a.g. ?

thanks

frankiegorams

• Archived User
F.r.a.g.
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2004, 10:12:00 PM »

Kinda simple, but did you make sure the chip is set to enabled?

Phreaker101

• Archived User
F.r.a.g.
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2004, 10:57:00 PM »

it only f.r.a.g. s when it is set to enable. and i thought that i am supposed  to get the cromwell screen and the disk eject trick before i but my cd-rw into the xbox. none of my lights come on on the chip. not even on the external switch box. all of my solder points look good. when i disable the switch it works perfect i can play my halo with no problem. btw. my screen does not f.r.a.g. my screen is actually blank only the eject button light will f.r.a.g. if my a/v connector is not pluged in it wont f.r.a.g. when i plug that in it immediately starts to f.r.a.g.  all of this only happens when the switch is enabled :(  :uhh:

Phreaker101

• Archived User
F.r.a.g.
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2004, 12:10:00 AM »

so am i now officially screwed ?

smokingreen

• Archived User
F.r.a.g.
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2004, 02:11:00 AM »

When you install you should first see the cromwell flash bios, which then allows you to put another bios onto the chip.  You have never seen that, none of the lights on the chip are coming on and you are fragging.  This means when the chip is enabled the xbox cannot find a bios.

From what you have said it seems clear that there is either something wrong with the install - its already been said but you need to look at all the soldering with a magnifying glass to check all the connections.

Or, something worng with the chip itself - not that likely.

btw - if you do not have the av connector in the xbox will always flash r/o, so keep it in!

Phreaker101

• Archived User
F.r.a.g.
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2004, 09:25:00 AM »

ok, will quadtriple check the connections but with a magnifying glass this time. i hope it's a bad connection so i can get this thing up an running. btw does the solder conduct the electric current or does the wire have to actually touch the metal that is on the board ?  (just another noob question)
 :beer: thanks for all the help and suggestions everyone

Phreaker101

• Archived User
F.r.a.g.
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2004, 09:28:00 AM »

also... if the chip was not properly connected and not getting any fire how would the xbox detect that the chip was enabled and then f.r.a.g.  :(
if this makes any sense to anyone