xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Audio Volume Very Low After Modding  (Read 106 times)

thomers

• Archived User
Audio Volume Very Low After Modding
« on: April 07, 2004, 02:59:00 AM »

after successfully modding my 1.4 xbox with an executer 2.3b pro (with headerpin, soldering only D0), i've got an audio problem - the analog audio volume of my xbox is only about 1 third of what it used to be, meaning i have to turn up the volume on my TV. even worse, every 3-5 minutes there's a short "crack"-sound (like turning on speakers on an older radio).

this happens regardless of the modchip being active or not.

anybody has a hint of what i might have done wrong?

cheers,
thomers

Drew224

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 03:24:00 AM »

That is a very strange problem. I don't think I've never heard anything like that. Have you checked all the connections to the tv and cables to the xbox? You didn't mess around with anything other than the LPC and D0?

thomers

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 04:51:00 AM »

hello,

i agree it sounds completely strange - mainly because the modding worked, and the problem obviously can be only at the analog end.

cable between xbox and tv is definitely ok. nevertheless, i will try at a different scart-socket and with a different TV set.

i will disassemble my xbox tonight and double check everything - maybe some solder splashes?

yes, i only worked on LPC and D0.

thanks,

thomers

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 12:25:00 AM »

hello all,

sorry for being such a n00b - of course it was the TV that was causing the problem, namely the front A/V sockets i was using since the 2 rear ones were already plugged with my PS2 and my gamecube...

cheers,
t