• Archived User
Mc360
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 02:45:00 AM »

Best solution would be to go here: http://forum.teambla...ic.php?f=7&t=13

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Mc360
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 08:17:00 AM »

I'd like to know the answer to that too. I've recently become interested in XBMC skins/skinning and wanted to try MC360 and I found that exact page and it hasn't changed.

Other links, including direct links to other XBMC skin downloads found here at Xbox-Scene, now don't work or don't go to where the original download is or was.

I've been searching for some time for the Xbox Classic (v.2.0?) XBMC skin which I believe was an early TeamBlackbolt creation later updated. I've found images for elsewhere and it looks to be just the sort of skin I've been wanting for my old XBMC version for but I can't find it anywhere now. sad.gif  

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Mc360
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 04:35:00 PM »

Hold that, I think I've found the Xbox Classic one and in the very place you might expect to find a XBMC skin. But even then I was lucky that there were two links provided and one of those was the same broken one I found here.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Mc360
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 12:56:00 PM »

For those in the future who'd like to know the answer about how to obtain the skin download I've had quick, helpful but also unintentionally amusingly ironic reply from Team Blackbolt.

Apparently you need to use TortoiseSVN.

1). Download TortoiseSVN.

2). Create a folder somewhere. Right click in a directory and select "SVN Checkout".

3). Type the URL of the repository where the skin is located into the apppropriate box and click OK to start the download.

4). When you've done all of this, make sure you run the build.bat file (double click) in the folder in order to prepare the skin.

I've not tried this myself yet but, according to the online information I've found, this is how it's done.    

No disrepect intended at all but Team Blackbolt's reply included the following line:-

"We'd love to offer more help but we get hundreds of emails like this and that's what google is there for. Remember the keyword to search is how to use SVN"

Maybe it's intuitive for some people to suddenly think Google SVN in a situation like this but obviously not for me and hundreds of others over the years. I just find it amusing that apparently nobody has thought of a rather obvious solution which would happily resolve things for all concerned.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Mc360
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 05:28:00 PM »

Successfully downloaded, built and FTPed the MC360 skin to my Xbox.

Not sure I want TortoiseSVN cluttering up my right click context menus from now on. I'd be happy to keep it as an option if I could shift it down to a less intrusive position. Looking into the ways of doing that it seems it might require some registry editing. Don't fancy that so will probably unistall instead.  

Anyway otherwise pleased it all worked and I like the basic MC360 skin concept far more than the other skins I've installed except Xbox-Classic.

What I don't like though is the choice of blade colours, the pointless and annoying text shadows (thank heavens for the for the two no shadows options) and the annoying background animation.

Next project will be to learn how to do some skin editing on it. smile.gif

AyDee

• Archived User
Mc360
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 08:07:00 PM »

Thanks for doing the legwork, was just looking for this myself... smile.gif

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Mc360
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »

The information is actually all here at Xbox-Scene but like a lot of stuff is diffused throughout various old threads or tutorials. It's finding it that is sometimes difficult particularly if you don't know precisely what you need to search for.

Anyway glad my additions to this thread helped you.