xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: ...rebuilding  (Read 451 times)

Cospefogo

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2009, 05:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Apr 29 2009, 12:46 PM) View Post

Hehe, I run the emulators in 720p and don't turn any of the filters on, what results in glorious 1cm x 1cm perfectly sharp pixels on my tv! It makes retro gaming even more retro!! I hate using the filters to blur or smooth the graphics of emulated games, pixellation is glorious.

Sire, this is something I was never capable to test, and never had nobody to tell me good things about. Are you using 720p in what TV? It is a LCD TV? What is the size of it? Resolution? Brand? Model? I really don't get how it is possible to have the original Xbox 720x480 screen (SD TV) to be displayed, for example, in a 1368 x 768 LCD one, avoiding the native interpolation/scalling of the HD TV itself.

For me it ever was as just running a Windows in 800x600 in a 1024x768 LCD monitor, a hell of a blur originated from the upscalling and interpolation.

What exactly happens when you change your dash config to 720p?
What is the size of the Xbox screen resolution by doing so?

And, are the * Xport * emulators compatible to 720p?
NES, SNES, GENESIS, PCENGINE, MASTER SYSTEM, etc?
I know that the new CoinOPS is...
Are the emulators but really tough guys on 720p?
Or they present several bugs?

I really appreciate if you can help me with those questions.
If you check my signature you will see I am a but neurotic with original screen aspect ration and damn' pixelated, not blurred, screens. It is the law of my world.

Regards,
Cospefogo.

More:

For example, if I double the 640x480 screen I get 1280x960, so, 960 does not fit inside the 720p, which is of course, 720px on height.

To get correct aspect ratio on a bitmap/pixel screen I should respect the original aspect ratio, always "double-ing" the size. Genesis original sign is 320x240, to display on regular 480i I should have my emulator set to 640x480, which is the perfect double size.

If I have my Xbox running on 1280x720, I can't double my Genesis screen, because it requires 1280x960 on height! And more --- The TV requires 1368x768 on it! The TV will FORCE this size on the image and will generate scalling and interpolation.

GOD. I am so confused.
Really.
I will bend down to ground now and cry.

BlackBolt, are you able to provide a PICTURE of your screen running Sonic on NeoGenesis? 2 pictures... one from entire screen, and one closer to it?

Please.
Regards,
Cospefogo.

Blackbolt

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2009, 03:20:00 PM »

Cospefogo, without going too off-topic,

My tv is a 37" Samsung LCD Tv, I'll post pics later if i get a chance to take them. But the xbox 1 is set to 720p and most of the emulators support 720p. There is NO blurring its pixel sharp and really good. 720p dash to 720p tv, looks great!

Cospefogo

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »

Thanks, thanks, thanks!
Let's get to the topic!

Cheers,
Cospefogo.

thequestor

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2009, 10:17:00 PM »

Hello, I've for a semi-officially sanctioned Nightly Build from SVN site and I was wondering if when this is release be able to offically add this fine skin to the nightly builds?

the site is http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc and if you search Google for "xbmc nightly" I show up right there at the top smile.gif.

Anyway I normally do not modify the svn builds what so ever, but would like to offer a 2nd version of each nightly build [I do all 4 trunks nightly] that my users can download that includes your skin as the default skin.

Let me know if this would be acceptable.

Craig

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »

excellent work - love the new skin and cannot wait to give it a go...

currently still using PM3.HD but love Mediastream and Aeon as well.

XBMC still rules over Boxee for me - much better interface and responds much quicker...

Blackbolt

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2009, 05:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(thequestor @ May 4 2009, 05:17 AM) View Post

Blackbolt

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(thequestor @ May 19 2009, 01:07 AM) View Post

a simple no would have done   blink.gif nicely  tongue.gif  laugh.gif

But the answer isn't no.... huh.gif

Blackbolt

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(Sirdude @ Jun 7 2009, 04:58 PM) View Post

So comon guys will it be out sooon been toooo long now

Patience.

If it's been 'toooo long' as you said, then obviously you have deemed that the time has passed where it would have been acceptable to wait, therefore to determine it 'toooo long' you must have now given up waiting and thus will be ok whenever it comes out, even if that is a year from today.  ph34r.gif

Slosha

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2009, 12:37:00 PM »

It's been sooooooo long since I've messed with my XBOX. This skin looks beautiful, and I will definitely use it when it arrives. Unfortunately, my XBOX randomly shuts off and I don't know why. Are there any reliable places to buy a new one?

migrab

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2009, 10:47:00 AM »

@Slosha
Maybe here http://www.amazon.co...n...268&sr=8-11
Goodluck I bought mine in Game Store but i doubt they still selling it

Excalibur007

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2009, 12:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Apr 28 2009, 06:05 AM) View Post
To answer the question about 4:3, we've not done 4:3 yet.

Xperience is one that I've been eagerly awaiting.  I hope the "yet" means 4:3 will be done, just hasn't been yet.
What kills most of the newer skins for me is the lack of 4:3 support.

kics

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2009, 10:55:00 AM »

i havent changed my xbmc skin in a lot time, though i still use the xbx1...  this skin is definitely gonna revive my xbx1, i was starting to use the 360 as a media player but sometimes it sucked... some files could not be played.... anyways looking forward to use this skin when it gets released...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]