xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: ...rebuilding  (Read 450 times)

conners

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 04:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Apr 28 2009, 11:14 AM) View Post

Hardly, PS3 cross bar has 4 directions of movement, we're using a carousel with only 2 directions. I can see how it could be confused with ps3 having a dark background and white icons, but its hardly PS3 influenced, I don't own a PS3, never will and think they're interface is too simple and plain.

Isnt that the whole point of the xmb. simple. I own both, the PS3 xmb is way better than the nxe dashboard. The xne from my point of view looks like its trying to get you to spend money all the time. There are menus everywhere that connect you the marketplace. The older dash was way better. A side scroling friends list is just plain stupid. whats wrong with a list? The PS3 xmb is just way easier to use. And it isnt locked down like the xne dashboard, has video previews on the xmb, and the list could go on. IM NOT A FANBOY as I own both consoles. Just find the PS3 xmb a lot better.

Blackbolt

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 06:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(conners @ Apr 28 2009, 10:26 AM) View Post

Isnt that the whole point of the xmb. simple. I own both, the PS3 xmb is way better than the nxe dashboard. The xne from my point of view looks like its trying to get you to spend money all the time. There are menus everywhere that connect you the marketplace. The older dash was way better. A side scroling friends list is just plain stupid. whats wrong with a list? The PS3 xmb is just way easier to use. And it isnt locked down like the xne dashboard, has video previews on the xmb, and the list could go on. IM NOT A FANBOY as I own both consoles. Just find the PS3 xmb a lot better.

For navigation purposes, the old Xbox 360 blades menu was much better. even now I still get lost in NXE too, its too cluttered with links to stuff to buy and huge icons. I agree PS3 is simple but obviously thats not what Ellipsis is, Ellipsis is it's own thing, its not based on or inspired by anything else.

nha

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 06:18:00 AM »

This without doubt looks like the nicest menu system I have seen on the xbox.. and I'm a graphic designer so I should have some idea. Really great work fellas! I can't wait to give it a whirl.. dont take too long now tongue.gif

P.S. Just when I was considering upgrading my media center from xbox1 to something new this comes along. smile.gif

drkoolbeanz

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 07:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(nha @ Apr 28 2009, 05:18 AM) View Post

Just when I was considering upgrading my media center from xbox1 to something new this comes along. smile.gif

You know XBMC runs on damn near any platform right?

Cospefogo

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 06:44:00 AM »

Om... (mantra) 4:3...
Om... (mantra) 4:3, 4:3, 4:3
Ommmm....

Jokes apart, I really pray for a 4:3 release.
Please don't forget us - the SDTV/CRT/4:3 users by choice!

Regards,
Cospefogo.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 06:54:00 AM »

It looks great!. Very clean, uncluttered and simple. I'm looking forward to trying this.

reddwarf

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »

Just stepped up to dedicated book pc for XBMC and this looks great, cannot wait to try this, currently using mediastream skin but its a little too small.  C'mon any chance we can get a beta release or alpha??

Pretty PLEASEE!!!!!!

tecatekxf

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »

Don't have a xbox 1 anymore but I like the look,Reminds me of a psp/iphone's ipod look.I miss my Xbox 1

ghostavel

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »

great work,cant wait for this....this is what ive been waiting for, will look great on my xbox mini..again awesome work.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by ghostavel: Apr 28 2009, 04:05 PM

Cimlite

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2009, 10:07:00 AM »

Very impressive. Especially liked the way the picture icons disappeared when backing out of that picture list. Little effects like that adds so much to the overall feel of a skin.

Can't wait for it.

SpikeMage

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2009, 02:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(drkoolbeanz @ Apr 28 2009, 05:39 AM) View Post

You know XBMC runs on damn near any platform right?

In standard def sure. dry.gif

TheEvilOne

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2009, 01:38:00 PM »

Nice the way the icons zoom in and out on the main menu. But the dvd covers need to be completely transparent. The old black bar to the left side of the dvd case is been done dead? Complete trans would give the skin a big boost for your dvd section. Especially if u added a photo template for the pictures instead of plain old boring pics? Sharpe was suppossed to do it but flaked out. Among other flakes.....Nice job so far.
But I see many areas that need improvement. With many improvements this could blow Backrow out the water.....................................We have been waiting for something completely new here.

BLACKBOLT.....YEAH (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)

Sorry but, PM3 is wackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. To plain, to boring. People here really don't know skins do they? If it has a 4.3, many people will switch. How wrong the little people are.

This post has been edited by TheEvilOne: Apr 28 2009, 08:35 PM

dballs442

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 02:47:00 PM »

So where can i dl the latest mc360 skin? apparently im running version 866. would like to install latest version but the site is rebuilding sad.gif

when are you planning on being done?

or

is there an alternative to dling v1096 somewhere?

dballs442

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »

nm. got it smile.gif thanks anyways

mrtj18

• Archived User
...rebuilding
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »

Please don't forget 4:3 users!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   sad.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4