xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My Screen Is Black After Flash, Now What?  (Read 93 times)

hsweb

• Archived User
My Screen Is Black After Flash, Now What?
« on: January 24, 2004, 08:26:00 PM »

my screen is black after flash, now what? i finally got my chameleon mod installed, and burned the bios from http://www.xodus-chip.com/ and it flashed fine, but after restart my screen is black, what the hell happened? can i format the chip and do it again? i have no idea what to do. should i have used a different bios? did i use the wrong bios? i really have no clue and any help would be greatly appreciated. i've spent the past week trying to figure this all out and it is very frustrating. thank you

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 09:05:00 PM »

you got the cromwell bios probably. you need a bios that lets you run unsigned code. do a search for xbins....

hsweb

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 05:24:00 AM »

sorry bro, still stuck, this is beginning to hurt...

hi, thank u for your help, i got a new 512k bios now, but i've just tried all the dip switch settings and nothing seems to work. all it does is beep twice and then start flashing a red and green light around the eject button and nothing else happens. the bios i tried to install before was only 256k in size. i have no idea what has happened. can you think of anything else i can try? god, i hope so...

Klatu

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 06:07:00 AM »

have you tried removing the mod chip?  sounds like you had a bad flash