xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: 160gb Hdd  (Read 735 times)

king kong

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2003, 12:38:00 PM »

i have a new 160 hd
the slayer gide told me to chose rebild new hd
i did that than i chose f: so i could have live
i rebooded the xbox (in mod mode)without the slayer disk in it and it loaded the m$ dash
thats not good according to the slayer gide
so i formatted the hd,  locked it with slayer and then i  rebuild the hd the same way.
i thought that slayer automaticly flashed the chip with the right bios
so i asked if you sould flash it your self and if so with what bios?
and since slayer said done after i tryed to lock it via slayer i whas wondering if it whas really locked. allot of people have been wondering if the samsung 160 5400 whas loackble i figered i could list it

heinrich

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2003, 01:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (Sionzz @ Dec 15 2003, 03:56 PM)
Looks like im not the only one that does not understand slayerÂ’s and other stuff that well heinrich. After all this is newbie forums. next time you should be more understanding to us noobs.

How am I not being understanding?  I understand that you dont know what you are doing and are asking about it.  And it seems to me that I am clearly explaining every aspect of what is going on, am I not?  Every question you or someone else has asked in this thread I have answered and explained.
I can be less be understanding and rude if you would like, so lets give this a shot:
I dont think you can handle this at all.  I suggest you pay someone to mod your xbox for you because you dont have the competence to do it yourself.  I recommend that you forget about xbox modding as a hobby and take up knitting instead.
Is that more fitting?

Maybe you should except the fact that yes, this is the NEWBIE forum, and you are asking a NEWBIE question, people are answering you and you are arguing with them like they dont know what they are talking about.  Accept the fact that you are asking for help, and listen to the people answering your questions.  Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Intelligoth

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2003, 01:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (heinrich @ Dec 15 2003, 02:02 PM)
this is the NEWBIE forum, and you are asking a NEWBIE question, people are answering you and you are arguing with them like they dont know what they are talking about.  Accept the fact that you are asking for help, and listen to the people answering your questions.

HEAR HEAR! beerchug.gif

This needed to be said, and I'm sorry for being rude, but Heinrich hit this one 100% on the nose.

If you're going to argue with the advice given when you ask a n00b question, you don't deserve to have a modded xbox.

heinrich

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2003, 01:22:00 PM »

i have a new 160 hd

k
the slayer gide told me to chose rebild new hd

mk
i did that than i chose f: so i could have live

Ok, that option is install Evox to the F drive, that is not a requirement for live, as live doesnt check the files on the C drive (yes).  In order for the xbox to boot to evox on the F drive and use all of your 160gigs, you need a bios that
1) boots to f:\evoxdash.xbe or where ever 'slayers' puts evox
2) supports lba48
i rebooded the xbox (in mod mode)without the slayer disk in it and it loaded the m$ dash

Makes sense, because you dont have a bios that looks at the F drive for a dash.
thats not good according to the slayer gide

right-o
so i formatted the hd,  locked it with slayer and then i  rebuild the hd the same way.

k, locking is good, you are going to have to do that sometime, but it has no effect on the current situation.
i thought that slayer automaticly flashed the chip with the right bios

No, it only does what you told it to do.
so i asked if you sould flash it your self and if so with what bios?

Yes, of course you can, with any bios that supports lba48 and boots to the F drive.  This is what the options are in 'slayers' to flash the chip:
7) FLASH XBOX v1.0-1.5 ON-BOARD TSOP OR MOD CHIP
........7-1) Flash 1MB MOD or v1.0-1.1 TSOP w/ EvoX-M7 EjectFix
........7-2) Flash 256K MOD or v1.2-1.5 TSOP w/ EvoX-M7 EjectFix
........7-3) Flash 1MB MOD or v1.0-1.1 TSOP w/ X2-4977
........7-4) Flash 256K MOD or v1.2-1.5 TSOP w/ X2-4977
........7-5) Flash 1MB MOD or v1.0-1.1 TSOP w/ X2-4977 *FC*
........7-6) Flash 256K MOD or v1.2-1.5 TSOP w/ X2-4977 *FC*
........7-7) Flash 1MB MOD or v1.0-1.1 TSOP w/ X2-4977 +137 G:
........7-8) Flash 256K MOD or v1.2-1.5 TSOP w/ X2-4977 +137 G:
........7-9) Flash 1MB MOD or v1.0-1.1 TSOP w/ X2-4978.03
........7-10) Flash 1MB MOD or v1.0-1.1 TSOP w/ EvoX M7+137 G:
........7-11) Flash 256K MOD or v1.2-1.5 TSOP w/ EvoX M7+137 G:

First, You need to decide if you want a large F drive or a G drive for the space from 137gig to 160 gig.  Since 'slayers' does not come with a bios that boots to F (the *FC* bios's) AND supports lba48 nor does it come with a bios that supports a large F drive, so you need to do that on your own using xbtool.  Simply pick a bios like m7 or 4979.06/.76.  If you pick m7, you need to patch in lba48 support(either for a large F drive or a G drive) with xbtool, and change the boot sequence to boot to evox on the F drive.  If you chose 4979.06, this bios already has support for a large F drive, so you just need to change the boot sequence (again, with xbtool).  If you want a G drive with an x2 bios, use 4976.76 and change the boot sequence with xbtool.
and since slayer said done after i tryed to lock it via slayer i whas wondering if it whas really locked. allot of people have been wondering if the samsung 160 5400 whas loackble i figered i could list it

Ok, like I have said over and over and over, you are confusing what 'slayers' does.  Evox is what locked your hard drive, not 'slayers'.  EVOX is a program, slayer is a person who put evox and other apps in an .iso so that people could prepare a new hard drive and copy apps to the hard drive all in one step

--------------------------
If you are confused, just post if you want an evox bios or x2 bios, and if you a large F drive or a G drive, and I will explain what to do with xbtool (again).  You can save yourself a lot of trouble by booting evox from the C drive, but its upto you.

king kong

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2003, 01:33:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

kidderf

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2003, 02:37:00 PM »

i have a new 160 hd
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]