xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 160gb Hdd  (Read 734 times)

ianaspace

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2003, 02:11:00 AM »

2) you can get Slayers Auto Installer on Xbins IRC
3) you don't need a special BIOS for the Hard Drive

g-sas

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2003, 05:58:00 AM »

Hm,
that was not really what I expected. I thought you coulst write a little more.

Btw I read that I need a Xecuter BIOS Version F+G to support 160GB. Is that true?

Aron Parsons

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2003, 06:08:00 AM »

wink.gif

fezzman

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2003, 06:10:00 AM »

I'm not so sure about that.   wink.gif Last time I checked Slayers wasn't on there...it goes over the 80mb limit for Xbins.  There is a thread in the evox forum that tells where to get Slayers.

If you want to get all of the space on your hdd then you either need 4979.06 or need to modify an older bios with the LBA48 patch.  You don't need to worry about the F+G option.  That is for people who have a large hdd that already has stuff on it.

king kong

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2003, 10:24:00 AM »

i yust got my new 160 hd
i rebuild(like the slayer manuel said) f:
but when i reboot my xbox wiht the mod on, it does not start evox but m$
i think i locked my hd with slayer coz it say done and gave no errors when i locked it with the slayer disk
sould i flash a newe bios first?
and what option sould i use ?

Aristotle

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2003, 10:30:00 AM »

Probably a stupid question, but did you install Evox w/ slayer's auto installer, or just run it off the disc? Or is that even possible.

heinrich

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2003, 10:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (ianaspace @ Dec 15 2003, 06:11 AM)
3) you don't need a special BIOS for the Hard Drive

ya, both of those are wrong
2) we dont host slayers on xbins, and you dont need 'slayers' to do anything - evox is what formats the hard drive in 'slayers', you can just get evox and read a guide or 2.
3) you DO need a special bios, one that supports LBA48, you can check which ones support it natively, and which need to be patched with xbtool HERE

1. Do I have to partition the new unpartitioned HDD before putting it into my box?

No, you format the hard drive in the xbox with evox.

king kong

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2003, 10:34:00 AM »

i used a dvd+rw with slayer2.5 auto installer burned on it

heinrich

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2003, 10:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (king kong @ Dec 15 2003, 02:24 PM)
i yust got my new 160 hd
i rebuild(like the slayer manuel said) f:
but when i reboot my xbox wiht the mod on, it does not start evox but m$
i think i locked my hd with slayer coz it say done and gave no errors when i locked it with the slayer disk
sould i flash a newe bios first?
and what option sould i use ?

Could you try a little harder to write in ENGLISH next time?

Locking the hard drive has nothing to do with formatting, or what dash boots, or copying files, or anything of the like.

What bios do you have?  You need one that supports lba48 if you have to use all the space on your hard drive.

And dont forget, its EVOX formatting your hard drive, locking your hard drive, flashing your bios etc, not SLAYERS.

king kong

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2003, 10:52:00 AM »

wink.gif

but seriosly what flash would you sugest?
and what one can i use from the slayer disk?
and my x2 is mb1 right?
and are you saying i can't lock my hd with slayer?

heinrich

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2003, 11:00:00 AM »

but seriosly what flash would you sugest?

Any bios that supports lba48, there is a chart of all bios features here
and what one can i use from the slayer disk?

Look at the features of 'slayers', i think the only bios's that come with the disc are F+G bios', which most people with a new 160gig drive dont want, they want a large F drive.
and my x2 is mb1 right?

x2 what? lite? pro? bios?  The bios's are 256k or 512k, check the chart above.  An x2 chip has either 2x 512k / 1x 1024k banks (lite) or 4x256k / 2x 512k / 1x 1024k  (pro).  This can info can be found here (notice a trend here?  this info is all available"
and are you saying i can't lock my hd with slayer?

No, I am saying that EVOX is what locks the hard drive, or CONFIG MAGIC does, not 'slayers'  Go back a page and read what I said about 'slayers'

Intelligoth

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2003, 11:36:00 AM »

f$ck me... I can't believe this thread.
Either Slayer has got to start writing clearer documentation for his install disc, or it should be outright banned from being mentioned on X-S.

Heinrich, is it just me, or are the n00bs even MORE confused when using Slayer's?

Sionzz

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2003, 11:56:00 AM »

Looks like im not the only one that does not understand slayerÂ’s and other stuff that well heinrich. After all this is newbie forums. next time you should be more understanding to us noobs.

GLaCiERDC

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2003, 11:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (Sionzz @ Dec 15 2003, 04:56 PM)
Looks like im not the only one that does not understand slayerÂ’s and other stuff that well heinrich. After all this is newbie forums. next time you should be more understanding to us noobs.

slayers was made to be n00b proof so u dont need to read anything. your confusion comes from that very reason, relying too heavily on slayers to do EVERYTHING for you without u reading anything, thus u dont understand much of anything, and now u sit there lost blaming slayers for your confusion. ph34r.gif  try to read a tutorial and ignore slayers then, thats the best way to actually learn wtf ur doing to your xbox.

Intelligoth

• Archived User
160gb Hdd
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2003, 12:13:00 PM »

I have to back up GlacierDC 100% on this.
Slayer's is very convenient for the beginner, so much so that it becomes a detriment because people will not bother to understand the concepts and procedures behind Slayer's Install Disc.

Perhaps some clarification might help things.

Slayer's is not a specific program name.  It's the alias of a modder who put together a disc of convenient applications to use as a one-shot install of a modded Xbox hard drive.

The main component of Slayer's disc is a heavily configured EVOLUTION-X Dashboard which contains menu links to applications that are commonly used when modding.

Slayer's does not support ANYTHING.  It is the BIOS that you load into your Mod Chip that supports all sorts of features like large hard drives, etc.

If you're going to take the lazy way out as a n00b and rely on Slayer's, do *yourself* a favor and read the tutorials that cover the procedures being performed by the Slayer's Disc.
This will result in 2 things:

1) You will understand exactly what's going on when your drive is being prepped.
2) You'll garner some respect on X-S because you probably won't be as likely to ask stupid, repetitive questions that have already been answered in FAQ, Pinned Topics and Tutorials.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4