xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Newbi Help With Backing Up On To A 200ghz Hd  (Read 130 times)

a1nets

• Archived User
Newbi Help With Backing Up On To A 200ghz Hd
« on: October 23, 2003, 12:16:00 AM »

Hi,

New to all this so be easy with me.

I want to find out info on how and what I need to do to format a new hard drive and get EvoX running so I may back up my games to it.

I saw my mates Xbox the other day and it had loads of stuff on the dashboard, like media player and ftp and much more. I have downloaded "SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer v2.0" It's 171mb and I'm guessing that it will have some of these options I'm looking for.

My box is chipped, but really want to get this hd working soon.

Thanks
Luca

Tomservo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 06:39:00 AM »

Ok...I realize you are new to this but man I want your computer...200 GHZ? Holy crap that's 100 times mine. Jesus, it must just fly.

Ok, I'll stop. I'm guessing you mean 2 ghz, but the speed of your PC is kind of irrelevant. Burn Slayer's EvoX iso in your preferred burning program and pop it into your Xbox. Should be step by step from there (I haven't ever used Slayer's, so I can't help you much past that.) If it doesn't load try a couple different brands of CD-RW (unless you have the Samsung drive which reads about everything).

SigTom

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 06:57:00 AM »

Youd want to get Slayers Auto Install Disc 2.1 if your going to use it, not 2.0, as it doesnt have the Live Dashboard, XBMP 2.3(or 2.4), update apps, you get the idea.  So you want to make sure you get Slayers 2.1 and when you get it, there will be a step by step guide telling you what to do depending on your setup (retail HDD, new large HDD).  Just find the section pertaining to you in his readme and doc files that come with the Auto Install disc, and your set.  If you have any problems, get ahold of your mate, always easier for someone to show you in person how to do something, as compared to us typing on a screen.

Oh and yeah, just so ya know, its 200 GB HDD, Gigabyte, not ghz Gigahertz.  

This post has been edited by SigTom: Oct 23 2003, 01:59 PM

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 07:03:00 AM »

*  :beer:  

This post has been edited by Heet: Oct 23 2003, 02:04 PM

a1nets

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2003, 01:46:00 AM »

Thanks everyone, I know about the Ghz and Gb but it had been a long day LOL