xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can I Switch Mod-chips  (Read 440 times)

EGOvoruhk

• Archived User
Can I Switch Mod-chips
« on: March 10, 2003, 12:27:00 PM »

If I install a new 120gb HDD on a Xodus/Matrix mod-chip, can I buy a X2Pro and keep all the info on my HDD without having to do anything to it?

LinksAwakening

• Archived User
Can I Switch Mod-chips
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2003, 12:32:00 PM »

Yes, but you should try to use the same bios (so as not to cause confusion with xboxdash.xbe, and evoxdash.xbe)

So, Yes, but make sure you have bios that both boot to the same dashboard, to prevent mistakes and problems.

EGOvoruhk

• Archived User
Can I Switch Mod-chips
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2003, 12:51:00 PM »

? Im gonna always do a ybox boot, so the bis thing shouldnt matter.Im getting a X2Pro so I can have 2 BIOS, but Im gonna have 2 HDDs so it wont matter. Hey if i get a pc dvd-rom drive, and I already have evox installed on the Hard drive, can I just use the new DVD-ROM drive to install programs, or like new roms, or just tranfser video files from a cd onto the hdd, like you can do with xbox games

LinksAwakening

• Archived User
Can I Switch Mod-chips
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2003, 01:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (EGOvoruhk @ Mar 10 2003, 09:45 PM)
? Im gonna always do a ybox boot, so the bis thing shouldnt matter.Im getting a X2Pro so I can have 2 BIOS, but Im gonna have 2 HDDs so it wont matter. Hey if i get a pc dvd-rom drive, and I already have evox installed on the Hard drive, can I just use the new DVD-ROM drive to install programs, or like new roms, or just tranfser video files from a cd onto the hdd, like you can do with xbox games

Yes, you can use the PC DVD-Rom drive to do that stuff, just as you can with the regular Xbox DVD Drive.

To copy files (like games or videos or programs) to your Xbox HDD without using FTP, you will need a program called boXplorer (I think that's what it's called).

Good Luck!

EGOvoruhk

• Archived User
Can I Switch Mod-chips
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2003, 01:35:00 PM »

Sorry about all the questions, I would investigate for myself, but I'm stuck at work, and it only lets me browse a few sites (I cant even go straight to www.xbox-scene.com, just forums.xbox-scene.com). Does anyone know how much an X2Pro goes for, and if it comes with the pogo pins for solder free usage. And with boXplorer, is that a program, or is that a Dashboard. Within evox can I change all the *.INI settings for like auto reset thing for games on my HDD, because I dont have a working PC, and I cant FTP stuff. Thanks for the help.

LinksAwakening

• Archived User
Can I Switch Mod-chips
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2003, 01:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (EGOvoruhk @ Mar 10 2003, 10:29 PM)
Sorry about all the questions, I would investigate for myself, but I'm stuck at work, and it only lets me browse a few sites (I cant even go straight to www.xbox-scene.com, just forums.xbox-scene.com). Does anyone know how much an X2Pro goes for, and if it comes with the pogo pins for solder free usage. And with boXplorer, is that a program, or is that a Dashboard. Within evox can I change all the *.INI settings for like auto reset thing for games on my HDD, because I dont have a working PC, and I cant FTP stuff. Thanks for the help.

Whoa, tons of questions here. Well, one at a time:

Does anyone know how much an X2Pro goes for, and if it comes with the pogo pins for solder free usage.

It costs about $50 (Around there), and the Pogo Pins (i.e. solder-free) I think cost around $10-$15 extra.

And with boXplorer, is that a program, or is that a Dashboard.

Program used to manage Xbox HDD files.

Within evox can I change all the *.INI settings for like auto reset thing for games on my HDD, because I dont have a working PC, and I cant FTP stuff.

If you run EvoX from HDD, you can edit and save your settings using the "Settings" menu. Or, you could write a new evox.ini and use boXplorer to copy your new evox.ini over to the HDD (this way you have more control over settings and menus).

Well, I think I got them all. Help that helps!

gainpresence

• Archived User
Can I Switch Mod-chips
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2003, 02:03:00 PM »

On a side note, there is a Text Editor (currently in Alpha or Beta) for the Xbox.. You should be able to edit evox.ini in that (directly on your Xbox).

EGOvoruhk

• Archived User
Can I Switch Mod-chips
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2003, 02:05:00 PM »

Thanks LinksAwakening, I officially knight you "Dude of the Day" for helping me

QUOTE (LinksAwakening)
teh ncie tihgn aobut negilsh si yuo cna filp all teh lettser aorund nad yuo cna stlil raed ti

Taht si teh os treu.

LinksAwakening

• Archived User
Can I Switch Mod-chips
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2003, 02:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (EGOvoruhk @ Mar 10 2003, 10:59 PM)
Thanks LinksAwakening, I officially knight you "Dude of the Day" for helping me

QUOTE (LinksAwakening)
teh ncie tihgn aobut negilsh si yuo cna filp all teh lettser aorund nad yuo cna stlil raed ti

Taht si teh os treu.

Yes, I knew this day would come!!! :D  :D

Wait a minute... I've only got 5 hours left as dude of the day!!

Oh... where to go... what to wear!?!!

EGOvoruhk

• Archived User
Can I Switch Mod-chips
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2003, 02:33:00 PM »

Ok, Im going to go pick up my new HDD in about 45minutes when I get off, anyone recommend a good one, I know the western digitals have a rebate on them, so I might get that one. 120gb for meeee and mah exbox.