xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Security Breach  (Read 53 times)

-=OC_Outlaw

• Archived User
Security Breach
« on: July 26, 2006, 08:45:00 PM »

Ok just updated to MC360forXBMC-098657-27thJuly2006 running on XBMC-CVS_2006-07-25-T3CH and love the profile login window setup. During setup and testing everything works flawlessly with one MAJOR issue. You can bypass the login screen when you press start, select file manager, and then press back... logs right in to the MAIN profile. Is there any way to fix this short of passwording everything because that gets annoying. I'd like one password for the profiles then no further needed unless specified in the master settings. Othjer than that FANTASTIC job on the update

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Security Breach
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 08:55:00 PM »

I actually mentioned that to the xbmc devs and was kind of hoping they might fix it but I guess we could probably fix it by hiding things in the menu unless your logged on

-=OC_Outlaw

• Archived User
Security Breach
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 09:20:00 PM »

Thanks for the fast reply. So how would I go about that or do I need to wait for one of you guys to do it?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Security Breach
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 10:41:00 PM »

The new profile system alows each user to have ther own shares setup it also allows you to set a lock to login to this profile ( i guess that means you don't need passes on your shares anymore if you use it).   But when you push the start button to open the blade in the login screen it brings up all the stuff like filemanager so these people can jump straight through and get into the master user profile (actually I think it jumps to the last logged on one not sure though).

My solution is kind of a sucky one and I'm still hoping that the xbmc dev team will disable the start button in the login screen like i've asked its not needed really

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Security Breach
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 04:12:00 PM »

- 31-07-2006 changed: player controls are now disabled on the login screen.