xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Network Settings  (Read 77 times)

Adian00

• Archived User
Help With Network Settings
« on: July 08, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »

This may be a bug...but I am posting here because I may just have something set wrong.  No matter what I do, the System Blade~System Info~Network screen always says, "xBox is not connected.  Check network settings."  I have included screen shots to show that message and my network settings....anyone?

Thanks!

Screen showing message I am concerned about:

IPB Image

My network settings:

IPB Image
IPB Image

See, I have full network through the router...I get my weather updates:

IPB Image

SNAAAKE

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 05:05:00 PM »

I get this error too but it works when I reset my router. I just use slyer's disk for network.

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 05:37:00 PM »

is DCHP enabled on your router? If so then it should work, its something to do with your router, if you dont have DCHP enabled on the router, give your xbox a static IP and make sure the gateway and DNS are both set to the IP of your router.

Adian00

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

Blackbolt!  Thanks {for a quick response and a great Xbox experience!}

The router that my Xbox is connected to is DHCP and the assignments work perfectly.  I am using a Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT as the firmware.  I have configured a static lease by MAC for the Xbox, MythTV Linux box and laptop with all wireless features disabled.  Just FYI - all my Xbox network functions and features work fully - including Kai.

I switched to a static IP assignment, rebooted and this issue still exists - see below:

IPB Image

This has always been the case when using XBMC; however, since I was barely using it prior to MC360 I had never deicded to raise the question.  I believe this may be an XBMC issue, and, it may be the reason that my Kai is inconsistantly behaving.

--adian00

Again - thanks man!

Spaceman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »

To find out if its a MC360 problem, use the other skin and see if it has the same problem or not!

Adian00

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »

Spaceman2004 - you would be correct; however, there is not a "System Information" tab in PM like MC360 to show the messages.  I can say that Kai has always been "inconsistant" across PM and MC360 and I believe it is related.

Do you know how I can check for this issue in PM?

--adian00

Adian00

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 12:00:00 AM »

Thanks!  You guys are awesome!  It is an XBMC thing - or at least it is happening in both skins....

--adian00