xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Vision For Mc360?!?  (Read 65 times)

Adian00

• Archived User
Vision For Mc360?!?
« on: June 28, 2006, 10:51:00 PM »

I read alot of comments, suggestions and concerns in these MC360 forums and I was wondering what the actual "vision" is for this project?

I think alot of folks believe that you are trying to completely duplicate the 360 - which I wouldn't agree with (and I think I saw mention of that.)  To be true, you would have to believe that the 360 has a "perfect" interface and worthy of complete duplication - and I find that hard to believe.

I am amazed at what you have gotten XBMC to do, kudos again!  I just don't want to post suggestions until I understand where you are trying to go.....

Also - just to let you know - my brothers both bought an xBox last week and I have put XBMC with MC360 on them as the dashboard.  Neither of them are computer-literate and both are "big gamers".  I didn't have time to teach either of them much about MC360 and they are like pros already.  I just thought I would pass that on as another kudo for the design of the UI.

--adian00

Blackbolt

• Archived User
Vision For Mc360?!?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 04:42:00 AM »

Well Your Kudos for the Design should go to MS not us, we just made skin with the same design on XBMC.

Nothing is perfect, nothing ever will be perfect. 'Perfection' is not our vision as you put it.

MC360 started out because right before christmas last year I personally wanted a 360 skin for XBMC, looked around and there was nothing even remotely like the real 360. I knew I could create a skin, and with help from the best coders out there it was possible, So I began work on December 29th 2005.

My vision or goal was a 360 dash looking skin, I think we have pretty much done that and we are currently adding bits and bobs that the 360 doesnt have and shaping the dash in our way.

The overall design and application of menus etc, the layout is totally 360 based, but the functions and features will continue to grow beyond the real 360.

cr1ms0n

• Archived User
Vision For Mc360?!?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 02:25:00 AM »

heh, should change the name to mc361.... the one being one step ahead of the 360 smile.gif