xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flash Tsop W/matrix Chip  (Read 30 times)

Bgriesi

• Archived User
Flash Tsop W/matrix Chip
« on: October 19, 2004, 07:40:00 PM »

Hello all
I am fighting  my matrix mod chip it seems to keep coming loose. I think it may be from my 12v fan I have in there causing the vibrations. SO I was thinking of flashing the TSOP. Well I was reading the tuturials and I am confused with something. I have a version 1.0 mobo. can I just solder the two jumpers one on the top and bottom of the board boot into Slayer v2.6 auto installer then diable teh matrix chip and flash the TSOP?

Do you really need the rain coat hacks????

acemilo

• Archived User
Flash Tsop W/matrix Chip
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 11:10:00 PM »

NO YOU CAN'T JUST TURN OFF THE CHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  There is a special bios for matrix chips to flash the tsop, but seriously just load an exploit with the chip off and flash it.

BlooGoo

• Archived User
Flash Tsop W/matrix Chip
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 11:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (acemilo @ Oct 20 2004, 01:10 AM)
NO YOU CAN'T JUST TURN OFF THE CHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  There is a special bios for matrix chips to flash the tsop, but seriously just load an exploit with the chip off and flash it.

very quick & easy to do

Bgriesi

• Archived User
Flash Tsop W/matrix Chip
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 07:54:00 PM »

Okay I have the matirx tsop flash bios. So I just install that on the chip run it in mode 3 when it boots up install the slayer disc select flash tsop and it should work???? this should as long as I have the two bridges soldered correct? Or do I still need one of those bert ernie or rain coat or 007 exploits is what I am trying to find out.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Bgriesi

• Archived User
Flash Tsop W/matrix Chip
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 04:13:00 AM »

Well here is the answer to my own question here. I decided to try it any ways.

It does work WITHOUT any exploits. I just soldered the two jumpers grounded the T1 line and connected a wire from the W1 to W2 according to the tutrioal flashing TSOP with Matrix chip booted it to the Slayer AI and flashed the TSOP without any issues.

My TSOP now has Evox M8 on it.

Amazing how simply it was.