xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Xbmc Skin Manager  (Read 312 times)

juju2

• Archived User
Xbmc Skin Manager
« on: November 03, 2007, 05:52:00 AM »

Hello,
XBMC Skin Manager is a Windows program that download/update, build and upload automatically skins from XBMC Skinning Project and HTTP links to your xbox.
There is a screenshot:

Using : unzip the archive where you want and run XBMC Skin Manager.exe, fill all config forms, check the skins you want working on, and click start !
(more detailed user guide on website)

Notes :
  • it's only tested on XBMC, UnleashX and Avalaunch FTP servers.
  • The application can seem frozen while operations, it's normal, don't kill it !

To skins creators : if you want to see your skin on XBMC Skin Manager, please PM me.

This post has been edited by juju2: Nov 3 2007, 12:53 PM

xboxbox451

• Archived User
Xbmc Skin Manager
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »

Just tried it, and it works brilliantly. Perfect app to tie all the XBMC skins together.

Excellent job! Thanks.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

EDIT: Just one thing about its operation. When the program starts to checkout, the program window goes blank (white), and appears as if its not working, though it is working. Can you add some kind of indicator bar so the app shows its progress? Other than that, it worked perfectly.

This post has been edited by xboxbox451: Nov 3 2007, 04:44 PM

Mcoto

• Archived User
Xbmc Skin Manager
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »

Awesome  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)

A progress bar would be nice.  Windows gave the (not responding) in the title bar for me but I just waited and everything worked fine.

M

aka STiXX

• Archived User
Xbmc Skin Manager
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »

It looks nice. I will have to dl it when I get the chance.

bb80301

• Archived User
Xbmc Skin Manager
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »

Really nice work!!! Thanks to all involved.
bb

juju2

• Archived User
Xbmc Skin Manager
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 12:54:00 PM »

Version 0.51 released !
Changelog:
  • No more freezes while operations
  • Distant resetting XBMC Skin settings (for incompatible skins)
  • .BAT files with arguments supported
  • Fixed : bug at xml update : the file were downloaded every time
  • Fixed : bug at unbuilded skin uploading
  • Changed : if the Internet connection test is succeed but not the SVN one, only SVN skins are concerned
  • Updated WxPython to 2.8.6.1 Unicode
  • Updated PySVN to 1.5.2 (SVN v1.4.5)

Actually, there is a problem with new Basics-101 building system but it will be fixed soon.

xboxbox451

• Archived User
Xbmc Skin Manager
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »

Tried your latest version, and it works great. The status screen works and the skin reset function worked great. Thanks for the hard work.

Just a note to those wanting to grab the latest MC360 (skin rev. 1006 or later). If your using an XBMC T3CH build dated November 17th 2007 Svn Rev10770 Build or older, you'll want to hold off updating the MC360 skin until T3CH releases a newer build, or compile your own build of XBMC from the latest SVN, since theres been a change to MC360's string localization, which is the same as XBMC and you will need an XBMC revision 10780 or later for the latest MC360 skin to be compatiable.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Xbmc Skin Manager
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 07:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxbox451 @ Nov 21 2007, 11:00 AM) View Post

Just a note to those wanting to grab the latest MC360 (skin rev. 1006 or later). If your using an XBMC T3CH build dated November 17th 2007 Svn Rev10770 Build or older, you'll want to hold off updating the MC360 skin until T3CH releases a newer build, or compile your own build of XBMC from the latest SVN, since theres been a change to MC360's string localization, which is the same as XBMC and you will need an XBMC revision 10780 or later for the latest MC360 skin to be compatiable.

This also affects Basic-101 and probably soon Xbox-Classic and Vision (if I get bored enough to do them) soon

Never used this app but maybe if it hasn't allready got one it needs a changelog reader for the SVN

juju2

• Archived User
Xbmc Skin Manager
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 06:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Nov 21 2007, 03:38 AM) *

This also affects Basic-101 and probably soon Xbox-Classic and Vision (if I get bored enough to do them) soon

Never used this app but maybe if it hasn't allready got one it needs a changelog reader for the SVN

The app have a changelog reader for SVN skins.
Thanks for BAT file updating, Basics-101 building should work now if you have SVN revision 1011+.

imamafackinhokie

• Archived User
Xbmc Skin Manager
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 06:54:00 AM »

great program...Thanks a lot.

juju2

• Archived User
Xbmc Skin Manager
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »

Hello,
version 0.6 has been released !
There is the changelog :
  • Completely rewritten from scratch (lots of little adds, changes and bugfixes)
  • XML compatibiliy with 0.5x is broken
  • removed : XML tag langfolder (replaced by choicefolder type 2)
  • added : XML tag choicefolder (2 variants), buildfolder
  • changed : now real skin directory is auto-detected (even if skin name and directory are named differently). So now [BUILDdir] macro always works.
  • Language files use same XML pattern as XBMC (thx to Nuka1195 for parser)
  • Anonymous stats are sent about skins downloads (a stats page will appear soon)
As you can see in chagelog, it's a complete code rewriting but there is no big change nor new feature.

JoeUser38

• Archived User
Xbmc Skin Manager
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(juju2 @ May 20 2008, 02:27 PM) View Post

Hello,
version 0.6 has been released !
There is the changelog :
  • Completely rewritten from scratch (lots of little adds, changes and bugfixes)
  • XML compatibiliy with 0.5x is broken
  • removed : XML tag langfolder (replaced by choicefolder type 2)
  • added : XML tag choicefolder (2 variants), buildfolder
  • changed : now real skin directory is auto-detected (even if skin name and directory are named differently). So now [BUILDdir] macro always works.
  • Language files use same XML pattern as XBMC (thx to Nuka1195 for parser)
  • Anonymous stats are sent about skins downloads (a stats page will appear soon)
As you can see in chagelog, it's a complete code rewriting but there is no big change nor new feature.

I can't seem to select "Download/Update" in the Configuration tab; it is grayed out.

KSHELLS

• Archived User
Xbmc Skin Manager
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 06:35:00 PM »

cool i will try it out

juju2

• Archived User
Xbmc Skin Manager
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 03:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(JoeUser38 @ May 21 2008, 12:09 AM) *

I can't seem to select "Download/Update" in the Configuration tab; it is grayed out.

Strange... This is grayed when network detection fails. Have you an error message at starting ?
Have you a proxy ? (because it's not handled)

JoeUser38

• Archived User
Xbmc Skin Manager
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(juju2 @ May 21 2008, 04:28 AM) View Post

Strange... This is grayed when network detection fails. Have you an error message at starting ?
Have you a proxy ? (because it's not handled)

No error message.  No proxy.  I have a firewall, but the "XBMCSm.exe" is in the "Allow" list, and I know that is working because it is detecting that there are new versions of skins (including the "skin" XBMC Skin Manager), and the FTP transfer to the Xbox is fine..  Firewall is Norton Internet Security, btw (just using it until the free trial runs out, then I'll go get a real program to use). The previous version was working fine.  Updated as per instructions, deleting everything but the Skins directory, and extracting to original folder, then updated the firewall to make sure it didn't recognize that XBMCsm.exe had changed.

BTW, I just now disabled the firewall, and same problem.
Pages: [1] 2 3