xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xtv Skin - Themes  (Read 178 times)

XBNormUK

• Archived User
Xtv Skin - Themes
« on: April 05, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »

Okay, I am aware that there are a handful of themes out there for xtv, so to save anyone having to wade through the 50 plus pages to find the theme they want or have maybe seen in a screenshot, I thought id create this thread. Can the people who have themes available for download maybe post below and link to them in this thread, or if anyone has mod privilege on this forum and is willing to go through the xtv thread to copy the posts that will probs do as well.

In the meantime I am off to find the theme i was after, i will post the link below if I find it before I give up.

Thanks to the team for another excellent skin, and to the whole XBMC dev family, official or otherwise for the continual development of our trusty little box's! OH yeah, and thanks for the quick work in integrating that vid chief, works like a charm!

CHI3f

• Archived User
Xtv Skin - Themes
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 01:11:00 PM »

I have all the themes ever posted in a 4 shared account, all you gotta do is click the link under the pic in my signature and you will 2 folders. A extras\mods folder and a themes folder.

XBNormUK

• Archived User
Xtv Skin - Themes
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 01:21:00 PM »

ahhh.........

thanks very much, u just saved me a whole lot of time, and hey, there it is, nice work.

ps. feel free to delete this thread, unless u wanna leave it to encourage a few new themes. Thanks again, im off to plunder your shares!

CHI3f

• Archived User
Xtv Skin - Themes
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 01:35:00 PM »

I do not have the power to delete threads. I kinda wish I had my own little subforum for my skins like the team blackbolt subforums. I know I only have one skin now but there is more coming wink.gif .

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
Xtv Skin - Themes
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »

you're making a New Skin?!

laugh.gif

mbay

• Archived User
Xtv Skin - Themes
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 11:11:00 PM »

edwinmcdunlap,

play fair!!!! tongue.gif

and who's at the back compartment of the automobile? wink.gif

CHI3f

• Archived User
Xtv Skin - Themes
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(SyphOnm @ Apr 6 2007, 09:59 AM) View Post

I download a theme .xpr. How do i enable it?

All skin themes go in it's media folder. Then you just go to the appearence options and choose the theme, it is right under the skin select button.

BecomethemonsteR

• Archived User
Xtv Skin - Themes
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 02:31:00 PM »

With the release of Vision Beta, I made a Vision theme for XTV but I am not sure if I should release it because I used NineT9mustangs images.  If he gives the ok, I will upload it somewhere.

BecomethemonsteR

• Archived User
Xtv Skin - Themes
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 05:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(BecomethemonsteR @ Apr 6 2007, 04:38 PM) View Post

With the release of Vision Beta, I made a Vision theme for XTV but I am not sure if I should release it because I used NineT9mustangs images.  If he gives the ok, I will upload it somewhere.

Shit, too late to edit!  Anyway, NineT9mustang has given me permission to release the Vision theme for xTV using his graphics so I will do so in a few days.  I just want to make sure its perfect.

neverwill

• Archived User
Xtv Skin - Themes
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Fred_PJ @ Apr 7 2007, 06:26 PM) View Post

Then first I suggest you:

- Release a real Xtv first build (no annoying SVN build-it-yourself).
- Pick a team name
- Create a team website
- Show some of the team's new ideas

Agreed.

As far as this thread goes, I think it's a good idea to have all of the preview images and download links in one place. Last time I checked your download site (CH3If) you can't see what they look like. I realise it doesn't take long to download the themes, but I'd rather decide if I'm interested or not before I download the theme.

BecomethemonsteR

• Archived User
Xtv Skin - Themes
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 01:00:00 AM »

Ok.  I know it isn't 100% yet.  It is 3:30AM here and I am pretty much dead.  The icons need to be done a bit better, most of them have a gray border around them.  There is also an issue with the File Manager.  This will give you a rough idea of that I am doing.  So if you don't like it, don't use it!

Download Link Here

mbezik

• Archived User
Xtv Skin - Themes
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 04:02:00 AM »

i think if you are gonna do this theme better the icons would have to be a bit higher res aswell as not having the black box around them - also looks like the default button is a touch short - im interested to see how it looks with a bit more work/time spent on it

BecomethemonsteR

• Archived User
Xtv Skin - Themes
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 09:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(mbezik @ Apr 9 2007, 06:09 AM) View Post

i think if you are gonna do this theme better the icons would have to be a bit higher res aswell as not having the black box around them - also looks like the default button is a touch short - im interested to see how it looks with a bit more work/time spent on it

If you'd take the 3 minutes that it would have took to read my post, you would know it is not 100%(not even 60%) complete and was put there to give a rough idea of what I was going for.

CHI3f

• Archived User
Xtv Skin - Themes
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(BecomethemonsteR @ Apr 9 2007, 11:30 AM) View Post

If you'd take the 3 minutes that it would have took to read my post, you would know it is not 100%(not even 60%) complete and was put there to give a rough idea of what I was going for.

No need to catch feeling man, he was only trying to encourage you. I know sometimes it sucks hearing not so good things about the work you have done but what is the point of giving it out early if you are gonna react that way to the feedback?

It looks good so far and when it is done it is gonna be a real nice theme.

mbezik

• Archived User
Xtv Skin - Themes
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 10:34:00 AM »

yeah man - it was just meant to be constructive criticism - if i hadnt liked what you were doing with the theme i wouldnt of said anything - by the way i read your post fully before i downloaded and tried the theme, and i cant see why you thought my comment would mean i hadnt read your post - chill man
Pages: [1] 2