xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 90

Author Topic: Xtv Skin Beta Released  (Read 19863 times)

mbezik

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »

in the settings then each section (video and music) has a view mode you can choose the mode u want in there - i hope this helps - i think its in general for video and files for music?

dhrandy1

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 09:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(mbezik @ Feb 2 2007, 10:22 AM) *

in the settings then each section (video and music) has a view mode you can choose the mode u want in there - i hope this helps - i think its in general for video and files for music?

Thanx, that helped.   Is there no option for time on the main screen?  It's not a big deal but was just wondering.

japser

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 10:04:00 AM »

First of all: Thanks a lot! It is looking really great. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I have spotted a few bugs (using XBMC-SVN.2007-02-01.rev7767-T3CH), the first one being the most prominent:

1/ When using the skin in Pal 16:9 the text gets all distorted. On the telly as well as in xbmc_pc
(IMG:http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g164/floppert/screenshot000.jpg)

2/ When using library-view in movies I see an image of a red block next to the cover.

3/ When showing movie info it is like only half is on screen. The rest is not visible.

And one suggestion: In apple tv when you get the small info part below a cd or movie cover the cover also has some reflection. Maybe you could at that to the skin.

This post has been edited by japser: Feb 2 2007, 06:05 PM

CHI3f

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(dhrandy1 @ Feb 2 2007, 11:32 AM) *

Thanx, that helped.   Is there no option for time on the main screen?  It's not a big deal but was just wondering.

We decided to have the time in the shutdown menu so no matter where you were the time was just a click away(unless you use a remote).

@jasper

Judging from that screenshot it looks like you are trying 16x9 on a 4x3 tv. Try opening it up in the pc app then setting it to 16x9 then choose resize window to aspect ratio. I know widescreen is not perfect but I am 99% certain that those problems do no exist. And the red block is most likely the unwatched overlay but it looks square cause of the aspect ratio.

If we do have any weird blocks in the skin lets not hear about it every other post(Chucky).

This post has been edited by CHI3f: Feb 2 2007, 05:45 PM

dhrandy1

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »

I already request one mod.  When you select display with the xbox remote, put the video in the background instead in the top left hand corner.

japser

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2007, 10:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(CHI3f @ Feb 2 2007, 05:39 PM) *

Judging from that screenshot it looks like you are trying 16x9 on a 4x3 tv. Try opening it up in the pc app then setting it to 16x9 then choose resize window to aspect ratio. I know widescreen is not perfect but I am 99% certain that those problems do no exist.

The aspect ratio is not the problem. It somehow changes when i make a screenshot. The screenshot below is taken in xbmc_pc with the settings you suggested on my samsung 205bw widescreen monitor. Still the same problem. Selecting ntsc 16:9 gives the same problem. All other resolutions look fine, including pal 4:3 (see screenshot below 16:9 one)

(IMG:http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g164/floppert/xtv2.jpg)
(IMG:http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g164/floppert/xtv3.jpg)

This post has been edited by japser: Feb 2 2007, 06:29 PM

pceptimus

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »

i also get distorted text on my widescreen tv when in 16:9

kics

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »

nice, gonna check it out when i get home ...  pop.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(CHI3f @ Feb 3 2007, 03:39 AM) *

Judging from that screenshot it looks like you are trying 16x9 on a 4x3 tv. Try opening it up in the pc app then setting it to 16x9 then choose resize window to aspect ratio. I know widescreen is not perfect but I am 99% certain that those problems do no exist. And the red block is most likely the unwatched overlay but it looks square cause of the aspect ratio.

check its because TTF font now maintain there aspect ratio in Pal and NTSC 16x9 instead of strecthing out like they used too because you use a very thin line font it gets distorted what you need to do is open up the font xml in the 16x9 dirs and play with it like this.

<font>
         <name>font10</name>
         <filename>Prototype.ttf</filename>
         <aspect>1.05</aspect>
         <size>14</size>
      </font>

About 1.3 will make them the same as it used to look before this was added

P.S can you please post comments to the svn when you commit stuff instead of leaving it blank

kimgitz

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »

Checking it out now. I love it! Good job guyz this is some impressive graphics.

manturafs

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 01:03:00 PM »

thanks jezz!  we'll play around with it a bit to fix the fonts.

Broads

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »

Chaps,

A whole hearted big thumbs up from me..   love.gif
The skin looks great,  and the artwork for the default options etc is first rate.

Having played with it a bit,  I have come across some issues and I dont know if this is just the base version of XBMC that I am having problems with or the beta,  if you could put my mind at rest and let me know if these bits are still in production or if I need to find the latest XBMC.

Apple Trailers..   Starts and then stops whilst fetching genres.
Weather..  Stops looking up city.   (Has to reset xbox)
IMDB...     Appears to search and then does nothing,  has to cancel.

* Could be a firewall issue,  but at this moment doesn't look like it *

I also have the same problem with the fonts,   but looks like you know about that one..

Keep up the awsome work.    The anticipation was well worth it,  and kept me from thinking about my poor old 360 that kicked the bucket last weekend.. sad.gif     I can now banish MC360 to stop reminding me.  wink.gif

hitman_uk

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »

i love this script but im having a few problems. Each icon on the homepage is duplicated so i can see one hole one then a half of one underneath it. This is also happening to my DVD art. Im getting 1 and a half covers sometimes the covers even join on together. Any ideas??  Thanks

Terc

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »

Broads,
Apple Trailers, Weather, and IMDB are not related to the skin, try changing to Project Mayhem III and seeing if you have issues in that first before asking for help with issues with XBMC on forums, especially skin forums.   I wish you luck on getting your scripts working.  Just a guess, but it sounds like you're not getting a network connection.

hitman_uk,
first off, it's a skin, not a script, no biggie.  Have you tried updating to the most recent XBMC?  It sounds to me as though yours doesn't support the reflection property yet.

This post has been edited by Terc: Feb 2 2007, 09:51 PM

manturafs

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »

yeah, hitman.  terc is right.  you are using an older version of xbmc.  this skin works best with the 2/1 7767 release and the 1/16 7667 release.  otherwise you won't see the reflections and just get duplicate icons.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 90