xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 90

Author Topic: Xtv Skin Beta Released  (Read 19675 times)

CHI3f

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« on: February 02, 2007, 06:11:00 AM »

So after many hours of work we have finally decided that it is ready for the public. This is still very much a work in progress so don't expect perfection, we are all very new to making skins.

IPB Image

The skin is available for download through the XBMC Skinning Project SVN. Just use this in your svn client https://svn.sourcefo...mediacenter/xTV

I hope everyone enjoys it.

muggsy

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 06:12:00 AM »

Awesome work mate... looks really impressive

Hopieopdepaus

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 06:16:00 AM »

Downloading now, I'll report my findings in this post. Has been looking very impressive, and still does. Can hardly wait till the download finishes wink.gif

First impressions:

Looks pretty slick, I enjoy the simplicity and speed of the skin. This one's a keeper smile.gif
Icons are very nice, interface looks very much like the 'original' AppleTV interface.

Things to look at: menu during playback looks odd, nothing like Apple. The rest is sweet smile.gif

artnada

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 06:32:00 AM »

Any chance of a direct d/l on this please.  I was using SVN but it causes massive slow downs in the usage of my PC for some reason, hence I un-installed it.

muchos grassyass.  love.gif

Nubbs

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 06:42:00 AM »

Very well done guys. I do have to say i dont care for the sounds, it would be nice to have a little softer of a sound while navigating. Also in my opinion the faded icons to the left are way to blurry, i know it's been discussed before just letting you know.

Awesome beta guys.

dav_exposito

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 07:07:00 AM »

How as download it? I see the routes of the folders but I cannot download it, that are SNV?
You dont do a .rar and put in megaupload for example?
Thanks

This post has been edited by dav_exposito: Feb 2 2007, 03:18 PM

Nubbs

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 07:17:00 AM »

First of all make sure you have tortise svn installed just use google to find it i would post a download link but i am not sure if i can or not, and it's always mare rewarding when you find it yourself.

Once it installed, make a folder on your desktop name it xTV if you like and then right click it.

Select SVN checkout, and enter this: https://svn.sourcefo...mediacenter/xTV into the URL path and select ok. or whatever it is for confirmation.

It's really a simple process.

dav_exposito

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 07:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(Nubbs @ Feb 2 2007, 03:24 PM) *

First of all make sure you have tortise svn installed just use google to find it i would post a download link but i am not sure if i can or not, and it's always mare rewarding when you find it yourself.

Once it installed, make a folder on your desktop name it xTV if you like and then right click it.

Select SVN checkout, and enter this: https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/xTV into the URL path and select ok. or whatever it is for confirmation.

It's really a simple process.

OK Im dont know this soft never, in SPAIN this is not usually, but not a problem, Im downloading now this soft and take the xtv skin in a few minutes.

THANKS

dhrandy1

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 07:38:00 AM »

Downloading now! smile.gif

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 07:33:00 AM »

thx for everything jedi79

Nubbs

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 07:33:00 AM »

Would like to add one thing i noticed besides the sounds and that is the home screen icon for programs (the purple one) it has no reflection but all the others do. It would be nice to see a small reflection with that icon as well.

mbezik

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 08:16:00 AM »

IPB Image

the program icon seems to have a reflection on mine? and i believe the sounds are true to the origional appleTV sounds

CHI3f

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(Nubbs @ Feb 2 2007, 09:40 AM) *

Would like to add one thing i noticed besides the sounds and that is the home screen icon for programs (the purple one) it has no reflection but all the others do. It would be nice to see a small reflection with that icon as well.

I beg to differ, it is just not real visible due to the darkness around the bottom of the icon. But it definately is there, trust me I did kinda code it in there.

Nubbs

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »

That is weird, i have the newest XBMC and i am not seeing the reflection, maybe it's a setting on my end.

The sounds are my opinion, and as i dont know what the apple sounds are i have nothing to go off of. I'm not rallying for you to change them i am simply stating an opinion. It isnt that hard to shut them off.

dhrandy1

• Archived User
Xtv Skin Beta Released
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »

Looks good on my 27" 4x3 tv.  The reflections show up fine.  I'll be able to give my opinion for a 37" 16x9 lcd tv within two weeks.  Is there a way to change the folder views without being in the folder?  I really don't feel like going through all my music folders and changing the view.  I have 20 gigs of music.  I think this has to do more with XBMC than this skin.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanx for the hard work on this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 90