xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tstream Is This Anyway Remotely Possible?  (Read 122 times)

Abeerdrinker

• Archived User
Tstream Is This Anyway Remotely Possible?
« on: August 10, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »

SwarmPlayer

Txt below was taken from
Eztv

BitTorrent Video Streaming! Instead of having to wait for an entire TV Show to download fully before you can watch it, it is now possible to use BitTorrent to watch a TV Show as it downloads! smile.gif

This has been made possible with the use of new breakthrough technology in the form of a modification to the client-side BitTorrent protocol. This protocol modification has been implemented in a new program called SwarmPlayer in conjunction with a new .tstream format.
SwarmPlayer
You can download SwarmPlayer from here: http://trial.p2p-next.org/

SwarmPlayer contains a BitTorrent client with the required protocol modifications coupled with a customised version of VLC. Together they allow for BitTorrent Video Streaming.

It should be noted that SwarmPlayer is still in very early development and, as such, some bugs are expected. If you experience a bug you can report it here.
The .tstream Format
SwarmPlayer can open and stream standard .torrent files. However, the new .tstream format is better suited for streaming.

This was be prolly the greatest script to xbox cause it would bring the Xbox back to life cause I see the XBMC getting less and less motivated.I dont post much cause I dont want to waste text when someone usually posts something very close to what I was gonna say. But I didnt see this and I am eager to see this work if possible