xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Accuweather.com Script  (Read 319 times)

BLKMGK

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2006, 05:16:00 PM »

Okay, stranger still - poking through the XBOX OS I've found maps that were downloaded uhh.gif So it looks like all but the display portion is working. cool.gif

One oddball thing with my setup is that my XBMC path is e:\Apps\XBMC-CVS rather than just Apps\XBMC - could that be the issue? I have multiple versions of XBMC on the machine so I cannot just rename the top level directory.

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »

your folder name is not the issue. Is your build at least later than July 9th? It needs to be. there will be an item in the changelog about adding colorkey to setimage()

If so when going through the folders for the maps,
1. is there a chkfile.txt file
2. if there are legend.gif roads.gif markers.gif cities.gif are there corresponding .png files. If not it may be a problem with PIL. Pyhon Image Library
3. is there weather0.gif, weather1.gif... not just weather.gif

Can you go to the scripts folder and hit the info button and look for an "ERROR ADDING MAPS" message.

Just checked Washington DC works smile.gif

So does Chantilly, not the France one though. smile.gif

If your build older, I think the link just before the most recent might work for you.

SesOS

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »

laugh.gif  This is pretty cool!

Did I miss this map in the settings, Eastern Pacific Hurricanes?  If it's not there, can you give me a few clues about how to get it in the script?

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »

It's not in there, but I'll add it. Any other's you found, let me know. There's a new version comming with severe weather RSS feeds from NOAA. I'll add this in before I release the new version.

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2006, 09:02:00 PM »

New version, everything is contained in one folder. No need to install skins or libraries elsewhere.

Changed: Uses a new skin parser module. You design the window just like you would for XBMC. I've included one for PM III and MC360. The controls with <ID> are the main controls. You can move them and change most of the settings. DO NOT change ID's or the <type> and you shouldn't change the direction (<onleft> and <onright>) With this new skinning. You could for instance add an overlay. As with XBMC skinning, what is at the top of the file get's rendered first.

Added: Severe weather RSS feed from NOAA. You'll be presented with a list of counties for your state.

Added: An automatic download timer. Different maps have different refresh times. It stores this so even if you change maps it doesn't reset.

Added: yellow/info buttons force a refresh.

I renamed the script default.py to take advantage of the new scripts window. If you have a link in MyWeather.xml make sure it's default.py. (I did not include those files in this)

I added a few threads, so I need to know if this causes any problems for people.

If everything works good, I'll add the hurricane maps and submit it to xbmcscripts.com

You can get it here

kazaaboy

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2006, 05:11:00 AM »

Nuka1195

Works great for me...nice weather RSS...where can one change the color of RSS??

Thank you for such a nice script laugh.gif

SesOS

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2006, 12:00:00 PM »

blink.gif uhoh (updated to newer script)

I erased the old Accuweather folder in XBMC>scripts and copied over the new folder, then ran the script. Result= the Radar button is broke in the Weather panel. It downloads and displays the radar/satellite image when I configure the script, but when I return to the regular Weather>City panel, the button doesn't work. Any ideas?

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2006, 02:43:00 PM »

The name of the script is default.py now. Just edit the correct MyWeather.xml. Look for AccuWeather.py.

SesOS

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »

Thanks nuka. I finally figured that out after I RTFP again wink.gif Sorry about that.

I was waiting to post because something changed between the 71106 script and the latest one that broke a work-around I was using, and I was trying to figure out how. One of the cities in My Weather is in Mexico. Accuweather wouldn't load maps for it, so I would use a US city, choose a Regional radar map as default, then change the city back to Mexico and the default regional map would stick. It seems like the latest version checks the city before loading the default map, or at least I haven't been able to get my work-around working again wacko.gif

Anyway, I appreciate your work on the script, even if it's not behaving like I want it to!

SesOS

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2006, 11:27:00 PM »

OK, nevermind. I edited extras>defaults>default.xml and got what I wanted.

Tickethead

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2006, 11:33:00 PM »

Works great for me as well...  What are the chances you will customize this for the MCE 2006 skin by Hades...  I know you won't be able to do this for all the skins that will be coming on like in the near future but it seems like many people use the MCE skin as well!

Thanks for all your work on this man... It completes my XBMC   biggrin.gif

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2006, 05:58:00 PM »

SesOS, I'm not following. If you change your location. It will download the maps again.

Tickethead, All that needs to be done is copy the /extras/skins/project mayhem iii.xml to your skins name and edit the images.

If you post the xml file that has the look you want, say Myweather.xml. I'll edit it and add it to the program.  I'll be releasing a new version in the next couple days.

wizardofwor

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2006, 07:44:00 PM »

Just want to say this is awesome! Keep up the great work...

I am new to the Python Scripting, so forgive me... How would I go about adding the Accuweather Link to the standard weather page (MC360) as it was in one of your earlier releases? I am assuming that I need to add something to the Myweather.xml, but not sure where to start.... Any suggestions would be much appreciated...

Thanks!

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2006, 10:23:00 PM »

here are the Myweather.xml's http://www.filefacto...om/file/adf9f2/

AccuWeather changed their website, one change was a minor code change (the maps don't animate, they are a single frame jpg.) Fixed by changing the anim=. The other's are config file changes, some maps now use different site= mainly the Temp maps, which I wanted during this heatwave.

I had just finished Canada and the World search's. If those aren't broken, I'll need some volunteers to create the config files for those locations. What I did was divide the config files into three files, one for each location. I really couldn't get it to work any other way, since they all have different categories and maps.

It's not hard, but it is time consuming. To aid in the creation I made an excel spreadsheet. You could do it without, but it would be a PITA. I also need someone to verify the codes used for those locations. Basically what you need to do is go to there website, find your city and start loading maps, look at the address bar and note the parameters.
(e.g. http://wwwa.accuweat...u...gh&large=1)
Always pick large and animated if available.
There use to be a level=, not sure if that's changed and anim=1 will be there for animated maps. Canada and world may be different.
You may also have to veiw the source and find the specific .gif or .jpg and see what could be used as a mask for filtering out the different images.

If anybody is good with parsing html and could take a look at my weatherparser.py module and offer any suggestions, it would be appreciated. I may have changed it since the last release so, i could send it to you.

Also, since this can now or should be able to work with world locations. I need a way to handle languages. The problem is the categories are different for each of the three locations. Any suggestions. A separate language file with an id in the main config file maybe?

If there are any volunteers to help especially with the code for world, let me know and we'll sort it out. Also a severe weather rss feed for Canada and the world. US has NOAA. That may have to be saved in the city file, so you may have to edit that manually.

Tickethead

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »

Hey Nuka,

Does this latest t3ch release work with your accuweather script?  I seem to be having problems... (surely all my fault...lol)  Here is what I did,  I put the Accuweather folder in the Scripts folder.  I then put the MyWeather.xml's in their corresponding skin folders.  I get the Radar button but when pressed nothing happens..

Got any ideas?

Thanks!

Scott
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4