xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Accuweather.com Script  (Read 321 times)

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 06:51:00 PM »

The sendkey change was June 18th, so you should be ok for XBMC.

When I said there was a change partially because of the problem you're having. I meant I changed the script to fix that. There was a problem the way I had it working with PMIII.

I take it the maps display, you just can't exit the script.

What skin are you using?

Does it lock up your xbox?

Can you run the script from the scripts window?

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 07:13:00 PM »

While viewing the visible satellite for NE region. I saw what looks like metorites in the bottom right?

IPB Image

Tickethead

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 09:44:00 AM »

Thanks to Nuka for a great script! And thanks  to Mcoto for idiot proof installation instructions!

Works like a charm for me... Using 7-3-06 T3CH build  PMIII skin..

I have been wanting a weather script like this since day one and you exceded my expectations!  Great work!!!!!

Now, if we could get this integrated into PMIII or even better, Project Remix....

Thanks again Nuka and Mcoto,

Scott

Mcoto

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 11:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(nuka1195 @ Jul 5 2006, 01:58 AM) View Post

The sendkey change was June 18th, so you should be ok for XBMC.

When I said there was a change partially because of the problem you're having. I meant I changed the script to fix that. There was a problem the way I had it working with PMIII.

I take it the maps display, you just can't exit the script.

What skin are you using?

Does it lock up your xbox?

Can you run the script from the scripts window?

Nukka,

The script works fine and I can run the script from the MYweather, script window or using the file manager.  I can load all the maps and move from beween maps and region.  When I try to get back to XBMC by clicking the back or the menu button the map will freeze and I never get back to XBMC.  

I can still highlight the left sided buttons (map, region etc) and change the selection (i.e go from state to national etc) but if I try to reload the original map or a new map nothing happens.  I am basically stuck and need to restart.

I am using PMIII and the june 25th build of XBMC.  My other scripts seem unaffected.

M

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 02:52:00 PM »

Well that's not good, can I send you the most recent version.

I've made some changes. I won't include the library, so the size won't be very big.

Mcoto

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 05:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(nuka1195 @ Jul 5 2006, 09:59 PM) View Post

Well that's not good, can I send you the most recent version.

I've made some changes. I won't include the library, so the size won't be very big.

That would be awesome  love.gif .  You can email me at [email protected]

M

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 11:19:00 AM »

New update:

added: airport code search for cities without one.
changed: uses the new setImage, slight speed improvement
changed: all supporting files except the necessary custom*.xml's are under the scripts folder. I couldn't get PIL to work zipped, so it's unzipped. If anybody knows how let me know.
fixed: some bugs

There's been some major changes, so you MUST delete the old version and replace all files.

The MyWeather.xml's are up to date with the latest version of PMIII and MC360.

This version uses a new method. You must have a new build at least the most recent T3CH build.

You can download it here

ameba

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »

nice.  would there be a way to have it alert you if there is a severe weather warning similar to the way the forcastfox extension does for firefox?

Tickethead

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »

Just updated and everything works great.  It did take me a few minutes to figure out that when I was getting an error message about location not found I just had to re-enter my cities and it gave me a list to choose from.  All is well!  

Great script!

Thanks again....

Scott

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 09:52:00 PM »

The alert is a good idea. There is the watches and warning map to view. I'll see what their website has.

Glad you got it working Tickethead.

kazaaboy

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2006, 04:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tickethead @ Jul 11 2006, 10:55 PM) View Post

Just updated and everything works great.  It did take me a few minutes to figure out that when I was getting an error message about location not found I just had to re-enter my cities and it gave me a list to choose from.  All is well!  

Great script!

Thanks again....

Scott

Hi, how did you re-enter your cities...under Settings in weather?? I tried that and kept getting the Florida radar maps..Everything works fine...except the errors loading the cities..Is there a way I can insert my city manually thru the config file?? Using latest XBMC 7/9/06 with MC360...same happens to PM3 skin...Thanx

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2006, 05:57:00 AM »

This unfortunately only works for USA for now and no you can't maually enter a city.

Also make sure after you change cities you refresh so your city is displayed.

What city is not working.

Tickethead

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2006, 08:29:00 AM »

kazzaboy,
You should be getting a popup screen that asks for the nearest large city to your location.... just type in the name of the city you want radar/weather information for and it will give you a list of cities to choose from.  I don't think there is a problem with it finding the city I suspect it is just wanting to verify the city name.  If you go to the AccuWeather web site and search for weather info for a city you will get the exact same thing.  For example I live in a suburb of Dallas, Tx. and when I upgraded I got the error message about location not found... all I did was go to weather settings and pressed settings and entered my home town name in the window and it popped up with 3 cities named Frisco, one being in Texas and the other 2 in other states.... I obviously chose Frisco, Tx. and BAM! everything was hunky dory.....

Let me know if I can be of anymore help.....

Scott

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2006, 10:24:00 PM »

Ah, yeah when you type the zipcode in it appends that to the infolabel. I probably should add a check for that.

Also, the list that pops up is if an Aiport code wasn't found for your city. Only major airports are listed. It doesn't correct for a city not found.

BLKMGK

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2006, 04:52:00 PM »

Okay, pretty frustrated grr.gif

Have one of the later versions of XBMC running. Script moved over to correct directories per directions earlier in thread. I have the Radards and Maps button under weather and I now see weather stats on front page. Chantilly VA (IAD aka Dulles airport) is the closest airport to my home. When I type in Chantilly it appears to find this on the WEB and comes up with what looks like an airport code. I can flip through settings and it will tell me it's downloading maps - but I never see them uhh.gif While using Washington D.C. I even got an error that it couldn't download a map for some reason along with an URL so I'm pretty sure it's TRYING. Not sure what to do to fix this - using the same skin as others and not the 360 skin.

Also, it looks like this changes the functionality of the entire weather section in that before I'd use a Zip code as it asked but now it's asking for major city. <shrug> Not sure where to start in order to troubleshoot this, I'm NTSC and placed the files under PAL as instructed but have to admit that seems weird blink.gif

Suggestions appreciated as this sounds like a REALLY neat mod to have - especially with some of the nasty storms that have run through VA of late! ohmy.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4