xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Accuweather.com Script  (Read 320 times)

Flamez

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« on: June 30, 2006, 09:44:00 AM »

I cannot get the Download Link to work!  I would like to try your weather script.

Thanks

mortael

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »

This one works for me, so try this:
http://www.filefacto.../f.php?f=acbe93

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

Thanks Mortael,

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »

Changed: Organized the extras folder.
Added: cropped the doppler radar into map/legend should look better.
Changed: seperated the default settings from the config file.
Changed: it now uses sendkey to close the window, if you have an older build you'll need the webserver running. This allows you to run the script from anywhere and not have it return to the weather page.
Changed: The script now launches the window. No more script.py/accuweather.py
Fixed: some bugs.

Some cities don't have an airport code, so you can edit the default.xml for your preferences.

CODE

0(USA code, leave alone for now)

San Antonio, TX(change to your city)

US_ (leave alone)
    SC (region code)
    TXS(state code)
    KSAT(city code)
    SAT(airport code, used for the metro radar)
    NAMERcontinent code used for the world temp map

Edit the default.xml, so the script doesn't have to search for your codes at every launch.

You can get it here.

IPB Image

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »

Added: Saves your cities codes and checks for an xml file for the current location first before reverting to the default.xml.

http://www.filefacto...f2.php?f=4445c2

Affini

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(nuka1195 @ Jun 29 2006, 06:03 PM) View Post

You'll need PIL installed in your system/python/lib folder. Just copy the whole PIL folder and make sure it's named PIL. You can get that here
Make sure you get version 1.1.5 for python 2.4 windows version.

Thanks for any constructive feedback.

one suggestion...
please include a ZIP of the necessary PIL files with the package. It sux having to Install BOTH Python 2.4 & PIL-1.1.5.win32-py2.4.exe file onto a windows machine just to copy it over the PIL folder to the xbox when you do not want/need Python on your windows machine.

Affini

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 05:10:00 PM »

also... it does not run for me. I get the XML screen that comes up but nothing in the 'lower' portion at all, no buttons, images, nada.

PIL folder... /E/Apps/XBMC/python/Lib/
scripts... /E/Apps/XBMC/scripts/AccuWeather/
XML files... /E/Apps/xbmc/skin/Project Mayhem III/PAL16x9/

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 06:26:00 PM »

Ok, I really should stop assuming people have everything installed the same as me.

New version here

All lib files included, Just copy the scripts and system folder into your XBMC folder.

The skin folder has custom*.xml's that are needed and MyWeather.xml files that add a link to the script. Use those if you trust me.

added: each map has it's own refresh time.

affini this package also includes the necessary parsing libraries, hopefully that's why it didn't run for you.

Mcoto

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 05:45:00 PM »

"Sorry, this file is no longer available. It may have been deleted by the uploader, or has expired."  sad.gif

M

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

Sorry about that, there's a new version you can get here

Added: All Categories, default map, save settings, maybe some other things can't remember exactly what was in the last one.

IPB Image

Tickethead

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »

Hey Nuka,

Can you help me with the correct placement of these folders... (Hi, my name is Scott and I am a script idiot)...

Where do I put the Scripts, Skin and System folders..

And by the way, if I am using NTSC will the PAL pmIII xml still work for me?

Thanks!

Scott aka. "script idiot"

Mcoto

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(nuka1195 @ Jul 4 2006, 02:43 AM) View Post

Sorry about that, there's a new version you can get here

Added: All Categories, default map, save settings, maybe some other things can't remember exactly what was in the last one.
IPB Image

Thanks.  Very nice script.  One thing though, I can't seem to get pack to to XBMC.  Both the menu and back button don't do anything (I'm using the remote, but will try it with the controller).  Other than that this thing kicks A$$.

Scott,

FTP into your box.  Open up your main XBMC folder (should be called XBMC).  Copy the system and scripts folder into that (XBMC) folder.  This will set the program library up.

Now open up your skin folder (I use PMIII so I don't know how it works for 360, but i suspect its the same).  Now copy the custom1156_acuweather.xml file into either

1) PAL folder (if your are using 4:3)
OR
2) PAL 16x9 folder (if you are using 16:9 resolution)

This will work for BOTH PAL and NTSC.  If you want to have a button to directly launch this script from the myweather winidow than copy the myweather.xml file into the same folder you placed the custom1156_acuweather.xml file

M

nuka1195

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

Does pressing back twice work for you. If not are you by chance using any of the older files with the new build. There was a change partially because of that. So make sure your using only the most recent files.

or if you are using the most recent, there was a change to XBMC that if you using an older version of XBMC, you'll need to enable the webserver. I use sendkey to close the background window. It was changed to not require the webserver to be running.

Thanks for helping Scott out. Nice explanation.

I should note the MC360 MyWeather.xml is an older version from the original beta I think.

slumberpod77

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »

would it be cool with you if i work on integrating this into my Remix project? (come to think of it, you may wanna check out the beta of that skin, it's very use-able now smile.gif)

Mcoto

• Archived User
Accuweather.com Script
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(nuka1195 @ Jul 4 2006, 08:04 PM) View Post

Does pressing back twice work for you. If not are you by chance using any of the older files with the new build. There was a change partially because of that. So make sure your using only the most recent files.

or if you are using the most recent, there was a change to XBMC that if you using an older version of XBMC, you'll need to enable the webserver. I use sendkey to close the background window. It was changed to not require the webserver to be running.

Thanks for helping Scott out. Nice explanation.

I should note the MC360 MyWeather.xml is an older version from the original beta I think.

Well I'm using the June 25 build.  I deleated the old python and replaced it with the set you included but the problem persisted.  What other files would I have to change?  I may have some old files since I didn't do a fresh instal but mearly overwrote the my June 6th build (was feeling kinda lazy cuz I didn't want to rebuild my movie database  laugh.gif )

M
Pages: [1] 2 3 4