xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Somafm  (Read 46 times)

urbanmac

• Archived User
Somafm
« on: August 25, 2005, 03:51:00 AM »

IS there a script so I can stream the excellent feeds from Soma FM?

http://www.somafm.com/

If not someone please write one.

nectar12

• Archived User
Somafm
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »

go to somafm on your pc and stream though winamp... go to view file info in winamp and copy the URL... paste it into notepad and save it as a .pls file ... you can then load it in xbmc.. i have it setup for all the somafm stations and they work great in xbmc .. just wish somafm was on XM then it would be worth paying for.

urbanmac

• Archived User
Somafm
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(nectar12 @ Aug 25 2005, 07:15 PM)
go to somafm on your pc and stream though winamp... go to view file info in winamp and copy the URL... paste it into notepad and save it as a .pls file ... you can then load it in xbmc.. i have it setup for all the somafm stations and they work great in xbmc .. just wish somafm was on XM then it would be worth paying for.

Thanks for that, one question where do I out the .pls files in the xmbc folder structure and then how do I play them in xmbc?

nectar12

• Archived User
Somafm
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »

yo...

the files can be placed anywhere on your xbox .. or you can keep them on your computer and use smb to connect from xbmc..
just access the file through "my music" in xbmc and open it like any other music file you have.  xbmc should start to connect - buffer - and play..

if you have id3 tags enabled in your settings you should be able to see all of the info about the tracks you're hearing.

urbanmac

• Archived User
Somafm
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(nectar12 @ Aug 25 2005, 11:12 PM)
yo...

the files can be placed anywhere on your xbox .. or you can keep them on your computer and use smb to connect from xbmc..
just access the file through "my music" in xbmc and open it like any other music file you have.  xbmc should start to connect - buffer - and play..

if you have id3 tags enabled in your settings you should be able to see all of the info about the tracks you're hearing.

Thanks, working great :D