xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tried To Upgrade Xbmc, Now It Won't Load, Son Is Heartbroken......  (Read 74 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User

QUOTE(epi4561 @ Feb 12 2011, 09:43 AM) View Post
I took my hdd out and found my xboxhdm disk and tried restoring the c: partition.

Bad move. Don't use xboxhdm again until you've exhausted all other possibilities, and even then don't use the one you've been using - start with a new, clean one - we'll come to that later.

What colour is the LED when the Xbox is running? Can you load Slayers?

Heimdall

• Archived User
Tried To Upgrade Xbmc, Now It Won't Load, Son Is Heartbroken......
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »

If the LED is green then turns orange after the flubber screen and the Microsoft logo then your softmod is still working. All you need to do is get a boot disc (HeXEn, Slayers, AID) working to give you FTP access. Burn to DVD-R at 4x or slower.

Once you get FTP working remove the build folder and the contents of your existing XBMC folder from your Xbox, and replace the contents of the XBMC folder with the files and folders from the latest XBMC build.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »

Yes, if the ring stays green then the softmod has almost certainly gone, and you have to start again. Make sure you use Krayzie 1.1.1 or Kingroach NDURE 3.1 as your new softmod.

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »

If you put your 8gig drive in and FTP the C and E drives to the PC, you can rebuild the bigger HD. Make sure there is a file named eeprom.bin first. If not you will need to back it up.

Ideally you could start with a stock C drive and put Krazie's Ndure on the E drive. You would need to get a game to run the installer. I use Mech Assault. You can use 007 Agent Under Fire and Splinter Cell. You would need to make sure you have the right disk. I haven't ran into a Mech Assault disk that hasn't worked. There are a couple of different versions of Splinter Cell. One will load the installer and the other won't.

After getting the stock C on the new HD and locking it with Xboxhdm, put it in the Xbox and load the game. Run the installer and softmod the Xbox.

Keep the 8gig safe.

You can get Stock C files from a Slayer's CD.

epi4561

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 09:14:00 AM »

I got it going finally. I basically had to start from scratch and just cloned my 8gb and then rebuilt my f:drive. wiped everything out but at least it works again.  I can always copy the games and stuff back.  Chalk it up as a lesson learned.  Thanks for all of the input and suggestions.  hopefully it never happens again, but we all know how that stuff goes.

thanks-epi