xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Recent Build Issues...  (Read 76 times)

adimifus

• Archived User
Recent Build Issues...
« on: May 07, 2009, 03:08:00 AM »

I've read through pages and pages of threads, and haven't really found any answers to my problems. All builds I use are T3CH builds.

I can't for the life of me figure this out. It seems that every XBMC build I've tried, later than the January 25th build, is incredibly slow loading just about anything, including itself. I'm constantly getting the little circle loading thing in the top-right corner of the screen. I've never had this problem before, and I can't imagine what's causing it.

I've tried totally clean installations (completely removing the XBMC folder in UnleashX and installing the new one without saving ANY old files or settings whatsoever), and sometimes the first startup will be fine, but anything after that sits at a black screen with the little circle thing for up to 10 seconds, then it loads up. Everything else seems pretty much normal except for the loading time.

However, if I downgrade back to the January 25th build, everything is fine again. No lagging whatsoever. The only thing I can find that's wrong with that build is the IMDB scraper doesn't want to work. I'm curious if anyone else has had problems like this. For now, I guess I'll just stick with the January 25th build since its the latest one that has no issues for me (other than the IMDB thing, which I suspect has something to do with its IP changing or something-- is there a fix for this?).

Also, this may or may not have anything to do with the above issue, I occasionally have problems with audio files randomly playing back at something like 75% speed. As far as I can tell, it usually happens when a FLAC file is played after an mp3, or vice versa, but again, only randomly. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Thanks you very much for any help!

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
Recent Build Issues...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 05:50:00 AM »

A few other people have been complaining about the same thing. Either it's not affecting me, or it's not as much of a wait.

Here we have a list of what changed... Though I can't really spot anything that looks relevant. I see there're some services now waiting for networking to come online... Hmm... Does it make a difference to your start up time if you dis-conn the cable?

adimifus

• Archived User
Recent Build Issues...
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 01:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(Bomb Bloke @ May 7 2009, 05:42 AM) View Post

A few other people have been complaining about the same thing. Either it's not affecting me, or it's not as much of a wait.

Here we have a list of what changed... Though I can't really spot anything that looks relevant. I see there're some services now waiting for networking to come online... Hmm... Does it make a difference to your start up time if you dis-conn the cable?

From what I remember, it never really made much of a difference. Other than the IMDB thing (which I fixed by copying the scrapers directory from the latest build), I never really had any troubles with the January build, so that's what I'm sticking with now. I may install newer builds alongside the January one for testing purposes, or to see if I can manage to figure out something that could get it to run more smoothly. At least I know I'm not the only one experiencing this problem, so I'll keep an eye out for what other people do.

sqbox

• Archived User
Recent Build Issues...
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 07:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(sqbox @ May 21 2009, 12:13 PM) View Post

Seems I have similar delays. When the Ethernet cable is disconnected startup to XBMC homescreen takes longer. See my post here.

I will try the 2009-01-25 build and see it it's any better.

Sq.

The boot times are better in the Jan 25 2009 build! Check the results in my post.

Mmm... so what changed after Jan 25  uhh.gif

Sq.

sqbox

• Archived User
Recent Build Issues...
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 04:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(sqbox @ May 21 2009, 12:13 PM) View Post

Seems I have similar delays. When the Ethernet cable is disconnected startup to XBMC homescreen takes longer. See my post here.

I got an explanation from a developer on xbmc.org here. This network delay is by design, for reasons explained there.

Now we know  smile.gif

Sq.