xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?  (Read 968 times)

leftkidney

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2007, 01:52:00 AM »

I use 720p all the time

most videos I play are 960x544

the 1280x720 most of the time unless it is under 2mbps

Matt Devo

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2007, 11:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaSingh @ Jan 9 2007, 05:37 PM) *

Has anyone else had the problem of the screen output being too dark when using HD AV Pack? I cant seem to fix this probelm, this is the only thing stopping me from using XBMC in HD... What are you guys using?

the problem isn't with your xbox or your HD A/V pack -- it's the TV.  Most digital TVs have different picture settings not only for each input but for each resolution also.  You need to just hook up your xbox using whatever input will let you run at 720p (which is what you should run on a fixed-pixel display), set the MS dash and XBMC to 720p, then pop in a calibration DVD like Avia or DVE to set the brightness/contrast etc.

Also, your TV is using YPbPr and YCbCr to differentiate between a component video input that is 480i only (the one that shows a split screen), and one that does 480i/480p/720p/1080i.  This isn't techincally correct, but some manufacturers do it anyway

This post has been edited by Matt Devo: Feb 19 2007, 07:45 AM

shabbs

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2007, 09:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(c-2 @ Jan 23 2007, 12:00 PM) *

if im not mistaken you can use UnleashX to enable the HD modes as well .. i've never used it but thats what i've read .. if that is true tho than how come XBMC can't do it ? ..

Yes - this is true. This is what I had to do in order to enable 720p on mine (I also tried 1080i but the system was very slow in that mode). For some reason, when going into the "Settings" portion via my MS Dash, the system would just hang. I then went into UnleashX's settings and enabled 720p there to see if that would work. XBMC picked it up and I was able to run XBMC in HD. I thought I was screwed at first but now I have XBMC in HD on my Sony 60" HDTV. Gorgeous!

Cheers.

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »

Well, if everyone says that XBMC HD looks so much better, I will have to try it out - good poll.  I will probably use it in 720p but have heard that 128MB RAM makes 1080i run smoother than from what most has described in this thread.  Anyone tried this with 128MB RAM?

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2007, 10:15:00 AM »

Yea I was shocked how good things looked in HD (Comparing to using xbmc for a couple years on some crap 30/40 inch regular tv)...

Hence why I created this poll to see how many people were in my shoes, not knowing how HD looks! Suprised with the results though, there's a big portion who have never seen xbmc in HD, I'm sure there are a lot more then that too, that have paid to get their boxes modded, without knowing you can set it in HD...

Anyway, not sure about the 128mb of ram thing, I always thought it doesn't matter, could be wrong

Leglez

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »

I have never ran it in HD on an xbox. But I have ran it at 720p and 1080i on my computer and it looks amazing

NeoMorph

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2007, 07:35:00 AM »

I'm a little bit confused here... I run my xbmc in 1080i and the thing runs smooth as anything... hasn't refused to play any videos at 1080i either. What is this choppyness that everyone is reporting (I even had to go and double check it to make sure)? The only choppiness I can see is slowdown of the newsfeed when the tabs picture fades to another one and it is usefull to allow you to catch up reading the fast newsfeed.

Strange thing is that my plasma TV is reporting that my 1080i feed is actually displaying in 1125i. It's a UK Pioneed PDP435XDE if that's any help. Oh and the component feed from the xbox goes into a Denon AVR-3805 home cinema amp.

Perhaps something along the way is stabilising the picture maybe? I do know I used to use a Pinnacle Showcenter and it cost around four times the price of the xbox but is total poo compared to xbmc. In fact I bought another two xbox's recently (Argos in the uk were selling them for £50 each brand new)... one for my bedroom and one as a present for my sister.

I'll get a 360 when the clever chappies find out a way to run unsigned code on it so I can have my xbmc on that in HD too... Maybe they will have released the HDMI version of the 360 so it will be even sweeter.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

capboy210

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2007, 09:28:00 PM »

looked great in widescreen/HDTV (720P)

decepticon

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »

Love my XBMC in 720P HD.

mrdan

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »

XBMC looks amazing on my 37" LCD in 720p.

xboxbox451

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »

Never seen it on an actual HDTV, though XBMC-PC gives me an idea at how well skins will look at a higher resolution. PMIII looks fantastic.

Sydney30

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2007, 01:48:00 AM »

Hi guys (and mayabe a few gals?).. I have just got a quick question.. maybe a simple answer??.. but spent maybe 4 hours so far mucking around and cannot get 720p to run on XBMC..So annoying!!!!

I have a PAL Xbox.. I just got a HD component connector.. xbox recognise I have a HD connection.. In my MS Dashboard I do not have an option to select 720p 1080i etc etc?? Go to my installed dash Unleash X, enable 720, 1080 etc.. go to XBMC, current build.. options under video for 720 etc are greyed out? go back to my older XBMC build.. 2 months old.. can select 720 etc, enable all.. go to info section and it still says running at 720 x 576 PAL.. Tried to change to NTSC.. I reboot and it goes back to PAL!!

What am I doing wrong?? Any help apperciated..

I though this would be simple.. Also once I do have it runnign how do I change between 720p and 1080i??

Thanks everyone..

Sydney30

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2007, 03:27:00 AM »

Ok after a few more hours tinkering.. spent way too much time on this... I worked out what I was doing wrong.. needed to convert PAL to NTSC.. I sued Video Switcher Enigma software (modder put it on when he modded it).. Go to Unleash dashboard change to NTSc then go to Enigma..  change to NTSC the press and hold L, R and black button.. this changes to NTSC and valla!!! it all works.. looks great.. font is abit small but will play with that..

Thanks

Cheers

See helpful link:
http://www.xbox-scen...ed-pal-disk.php

DanDini

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2007, 07:11:00 AM »

If only I could afford an HD screen. Then I surely would. My old thomson 32" is looking tired and fuzzy. Hwo do you guys all afford the screens? Maybe it's having kids and maintenance to pay, plus a huge mortgage that does me in! smile.gif

Dan

CarCrashClutter

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »

I've been using XBMC in 1080i for a long time.  I just recently (earlier this year) started relying on it for DVD playback and am overall impressed with it's upscaling.  Last week while watching a new purchase (U2's Popmart concert DVD) I was forced to display in 480p as the video perpetually lagged behind the audio.  I'm not exactly sure why, but it's probably just my XBOX showing it's age or perhaps it's something to do with piracy protection and software playback.  I still watch all my video files at 1080i without a hitch, and the Simpsons couldn't be brighter.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5