xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?  (Read 969 times)

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 02:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(NineT9mustang @ Dec 31 2006, 06:33 PM) View Post

There already is a poll about what HD resolution you use... This one is different...

This poll is only to find out, who uses xbmc in High Definition. The other poll is for specifically the people who use xbmc in HD... This is for everyone who uses xbmc biggrin.gif

Interesting results, didn't know so little people never have seen xbmc in HD... crazyness!

Well, that poll has an option for not HD as well.
480i is not HD.

all you have to do is add up the HD / not HD resolutions and get who uses it in HD and who doesn't.

So technically these polls are the same...

Anyway, yes, I use XBMC in HD.
720p with an X2VGA2 biggrin.gif

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 10:17:00 PM »

ahhh I didn't knwo that about 480 hehe, thx edwinmcdunlap biggrin.gif

im jelus of ur hd  sad.gif

GhostDog__

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 06:24:00 PM »

Run it in 720P via component cables (37" LCD).  Looks great (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by GhostDog__: Jan 6 2007, 02:25 AM

mike315

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 07:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(NineT9mustang @ Jan 2 2007, 12:07 AM) View Post

im jelus mike! I ran 1080i at my friends and it looked awesome, choppy yea, but it looked soo sharp, fonts were clear... hopefully ill get a HDTV soon biggrin.gif ull have to take pics and show us here biggrin.gif

Ive been running 720p in xbmc and having the videos upscale to 1080i. Couple notes:

1. 1080i in xbmc menu's looks amazing. Indeed it is choppy with xbmc skin animations.

2. Looks pretty damn good in 720p also.

3. I cannot run 1080i and have the videos upscale to 1080i at the same time. Videos don't even start. Likely a memory issue.

4. The xbmc upscaling is pretty good, its gotta be among the top ive seen hardware or otherwise.

---------------

Other than that here are some screenshots:

http://antihero.com/...MC-Screenshots/

Most of the 1080i video screen shots have the overlay that shows the video's original resolution. Most are far below the 1080 HD spec of 1920x1080...they are in the range of 624x352....

I have to say that xbmc (and my tv doing dot-by-dot) do a pretty good job with upscaling those smaller resolution videos. Mind you some of the blurriness you may see comes from me trying to pause it at a low movement part of the video....had varying success with that hehe...

Eitherway doesn't look bad at all upscaled 1080i on a 42" lcd at about 5-8' away. In fact to be quite honest, I thought I was gonna have to build a computer that could do x264 to keep up with my new lcd, but it doesn't seem like i'll be needing to do that any time soon...

DaSingh

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »

Has anyone else had the problem of the screen output being too dark when using HD AV Pack? I cant seem to fix this probelm, this is the only thing stopping me from using XBMC in HD... What are you guys using?

I have one of these
(IMG:http://images.andale.com/f2/114/116/22619140/1138599915546_XBOX_HDAVPACK.jpg)
from ebay not official... Am I better off getting the monster cables and do you know where I can get them in UK?

This post has been edited by DaSingh: Jan 10 2007, 12:30 AM

mike315

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 05:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaSingh @ Jan 9 2007, 06:37 PM) *

Has anyone else had the problem of the screen output being too dark when using HD AV Pack? I cant seem to fix this probelm, this is the only thing stopping me from using XBMC in HD... What are you guys using?

Am I better off getting the monster cables and do you know where I can get them in UK?

Not too sure about your problem...but I can shed some light on what works for me.

I have one of those xbox/xbox360/ps2 all-in-one cables. Has the component cable built right in. Certainly nothing special or high quality, and it works great. I think it was $15USD.

<cable rant>
I learned a lot about component and hdmi cables when I was researching my tv purchase. Im no expert, but I can tell you that most cables in the A/V world are complete ripoffs, including the monster cables. Not saying they are bad cables...but they cost too damn much.

For other component devices ive been using cables made by Philips. In fact I have a 6' cable that looks a lot like this one, that cost me $12USD at Walmart:

(IMG:http://www.dsmiller.com/Images/M62795.jpg)

Be particularly careful of getting ripped off with HDMI cables...a 6' hdmi cable should cost more than $35USD. Some Monster cables go for $100+ USD, which is ridiculous since its a digital signal...anyways good luck on finding something in the UK... </cable rant>

SnoopKatt

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »

I have a standard def TV, but I've plugged it in with my component cables on a 1080i TV, and it looks awesome smile.gif

00g

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »

No. I use 480p.

2 out of my Xboxes are hooked up to HDTV's (the 3rd is a server, and it's not even hooked up to a TV). 1080i is slow, and choppy. I tried 720p and I didn't like it either. 480p is where it's at.

LordPhantom

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »

What can you do to put it in HD mode if you can't access the xbox dash anymore?

Mine is modded with an Xecuter2.1b chip and booting by default XBMC.

I tried already to restore the C: with the orginal dash from an autoinstaller DVD but there nothing I can do, it won't boot an original dash :s

Should I buy a new box and mod it differently? I can always use my current one on another tv (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2007, 12:05:00 PM »

Good question, I'm not sure what you can do... i always have my xbox C:\ Files/Folders on my PC just in case, so thats how i recover...

I'm sure you can find something at the usual places?

c-2

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2007, 09:53:00 AM »

if im not mistaken you can use UnleashX to enable the HD modes as well .. i've never used it but thats what i've read .. if that is true tho than how come XBMC can't do it ? ..

kimgitz

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »

I use 1080i. I have had no problems at all....

@ LordPhantom: U can change the resolution in the chips bios...I think! Remember to if u r on PAL u need to change to the other formats to get HD resolution.

And back in the day I used Avalaunch to change the resolution. Just because XBMC can't do it, doesn't mean other dashboards can't, otherwise even the original xbox dashboard would not work as well. It's just different functionality implemented!

This post has been edited by kimgitz: Jan 23 2007, 07:32 PM

TaeOH

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 06:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(mike315 @ Jan 9 2007, 03:58 AM) *

3. I cannot run 1080i and have the videos upscale to 1080i at the same time. Videos don't even start. Likely a memory issue.

I never put 2 and 2 together about that. I run 1080i both in GUI and video, but it is really picky on the Video files and size that I stream.  I thought it was an issue with Nero Digital, because Xvid AVI's typically have no issue.

I have a new 1080p set, it loves the Xboxes 1080i signal. But I noticed I started running into heat issues because we are using the Xbox more with the new TV.

This post has been edited by TaeOH: Jan 30 2007, 02:25 AM

mike315

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2007, 05:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(TaeOH @ Jan 29 2007, 08:30 PM) View Post

I never put 2 and 2 together about that. I run 1080i both in GUI and video, but it is really picky on the Video files and size that I stream.  I thought it was an issue with Nero Digital, because Xvid AVI's typically have no issue.

I have a new 1080p set, it loves the Xboxes 1080i signal. But I noticed I started running into heat issues because we are using the Xbox more with the new TV.

For me just about any xvid is a no go(while 1080i/1080i), although its over smb so that may have some overhead also. So I run the gui at 720p and upscale to 1080i. Although I may start to use 720p for video playing also...it seems that I get about the same results. My lcd does all the work and brings it to its native resolution anyways. We'll see...looks great regardless.

love.gif

spiderman1369

• Archived User
Do You Use Xbmc In Hd?
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »

Yeah, it looks great, but when in 1080i, it freezes up on me alot and the rss feeds seem very very slooooww!It also seems like it takes longer to move around in the menus and to stream movies, pics, and songs.

I say this cause, I have another xbox that is just hooked up via composite cables and thus 480i and it flys thru the menus and also when streaming stuff from my pc.

Anyone else or am I just retarded?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5