xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc And MS Wireless Adapter (mn-740)  (Read 71 times)

evilkorn

• Archived User
Xbmc And MS Wireless Adapter (mn-740)
« on: June 20, 2006, 05:03:00 PM »

Mine works fine and was very easy (for me) to set up.  I even have 128-bit WEP encription active.  It has been a while sence I installed it so I might be a little rusty on the steps it took to get it up and running, but as far as i remember all I had to do was give it my router IP and have my router DHCP set on so it would give the xbox an IP.  Then from XBMC I gave it a static IP.

bmurf

• Archived User
Xbmc And MS Wireless Adapter (mn-740)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 06:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(billybob00 @ Jun 20 2006, 05:35 PM) View Post

So after searching the forum and coming up with nothing, I decided to just ask the question.

Who here has gotten the official xbox wireless adapter to work with a modded xbox?  I put in the install cd it came with, and it brought up the original dashboard.  I open the wireless settings page, and configured it according to my network; however, it would not connect to it and get an IP address.

So do I have to do it within the actual XBMC app?  
I'm using the latest build, using the PMIII skin.  I have a 2wire router.  Pretty basic setup.. don't know if I have to do anything special.

Ive been using it successfully for over a year now.  

Do you have the MAC filter on your router turned on????  if you do you need to add the MAC address of the Wireless Adapter (which is really just a wireless bridge)  and the MAC of the xbox.  Also, do you have your SSID broadcast?  If not, you need to either broadcast it, or get the firmware update for the Wireless adapter.  you can get it here:  www.xbox.com/en-US/live/connect/msmn740.htm