xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Xboxmediacenter - June 6th 2006 (666) Cvs Build With Mc360 Skin!  (Read 1068 times)

spiff

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter - June 6th 2006 (666) Cvs Build With Mc360 Skin!
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »

it didn't even occour to you that you might not be the only one with this issue? the answer is right above your post.

conners

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2006, 12:33:00 PM »

I`ve noticed that when you try to rename a folder, and want to just add a symbol, nothing changes

Example: I tried to change a folder

from

(Whats the story) Morning Glory

to

(What's The Story) Morning Glory?

and nothing changed, it didnt add the 2 additions to the text, and i`ve checked it on a few different folders, and none changed

x_boxer1

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »

i like the 666 CVS, however some issues:

pictures (any format e.g jpeg, bmp) leads to a black screen and just stays there must reset
movies (any format) same as above.

I made sure that XBMC can play these formats via xml's, tho it already had support in the file.

Only can launch xbe's no other media.

Heres my input for XBMC improvement in the future:

For general knowledge can not use any other shortcut other than Team UIX, as i get no load or error 21. This happens when booting the 666 CVS as default dash, yes i have read the way to fix this but my xbox only loads it by the UIX shortcut.

Other bugs:
 -no load if using Master Lock, loads boot pic then resets.
 -can not play with cache sizes or no load, i had safe changed values in other builds that would work.
 -renaming servers in Network settings causes freezing and no change value on reset.

slumberpod77

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2006, 10:57:00 PM »

boxer, your issues are not universal, as i am running the current build and spent the last few hours watching xvid rips of Penn & Teller's Bullshit accessed over a LAN via Samba, and literally the only configuration i did on this fresh install was to make a bookmark that's path is smb:\\192.168.1.100 (the host computer's IP address), which i did within the bookmark editor GUI.

this would indicate there is a problem on your end.

bigdaddy, what part of that guide did you not understand?

spiff

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

just scan for trainers - it will ask you for the path the first time you scan.

or if u insist on using xml, see the advancedsettings.xml page in manual.

slumberpod77

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »

blink.gif the part about the GUI is in the guide, thats why i asked...

Far Beyond Driven

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2006, 10:52:00 AM »

I`ve noticed that when you try to rename a folder, and want to just add a symbol, nothing changes

Example: I tried to change a folder

from

(Whats the story) Morning Glory

to

(What's The Story) Morning Glory?

and nothing changed, it didnt add the 2 additions to the text, and i`ve checked it on a few different folders, and none changed

You can't use the ? symbol on XBox filenames or PC filenames. Same with a few other characters too. You can have the ? symbol in the mp3 tag, so don't worry.

When renaming files or folders, just changing letters to uppercase isn't seen as a change by XBMC.

To tidy up my filenames I always do this:

Folder/filename: (Whats the story) Morning Glory
Change to: (Whats the story) Morning Glorya (just adding the first letter on the keyboard)
Rename finally to: (Whats The Story) Morning Glory (deleting a then working backwards to tidy up)

Another thing to mention with WTSMG is that is starts with a ( and this makes it appear first in the Oasis directory.. And there's two tracks on the LP that don't have names.. -  If you just leave them blank in the mp3 tag or even just fill in a fullstop or two as a track name, they still won't show up during My Music's Library view and will seem missing from the album..
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]