xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: What Resolution Do You Run Xbmc?  (Read 1221 times)

KymyA

• Archived User
What Resolution Do You Run Xbmc?
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2009, 02:52:00 AM »

I use 720p/16:9 on a 24''LCD... with a VGA cable.
But I have a problem (CROSSPOST!): if I launch a game, the screen shift to the upperleft out of the "LCD-Screen" about 100pixel... I have tried some settings with XBMC/M$DASH: nothing happens...

This post has been edited by KymyA: Jun 23 2009, 09:53 AM

blackdir

• Archived User
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2009, 06:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(mysiskatten @ Mar 14 2006, 09:18 AM) *

What resolution do you run XBMC in?

720p / 16:9 on a 42' Pioneer 436xde plasma through a component cable

This post has been edited by blackdir: Jul 1 2009, 01:49 PM

Burra

• Archived User
« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »

'WOW'

That was the first word I inadvertently uttered after plugging in my new component cables and running XBMC at 720P/16:9 on a 40" HD LCD (Sony Z). Having used XMBC for a few years on a SD TV I couldn't believe the difference. Amazing!

I switched my PAL XBOX to NTSC using Enigmah-X. 720P seems to allow XBMC to run a bit faster than 1080i.

XBMC is unrool.

event horizon

• Archived User
« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Burra @ Jul 6 2009, 01:07 AM) View Post

'WOW'

That was the first word I inadvertently uttered after plugging in my new component cables and running XBMC at 720P/16:9 on a 40" HD LCD (Sony Z). Having used XMBC for a few years on a SD TV I couldn't believe the difference. Amazing!

I switched my PAL XBOX to NTSC using Enigmah-X. 720P seems to allow XBMC to run a bit faster than 1080i.

XBMC is unrool.

Cool, that's what I plan on doing as well since the flicker is killer on the xbox unless I set the flicker filter to 5 but that just blurs everything.

What XBOX version do you have?

Burra

• Archived User
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2009, 05:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(event horizon @ Aug 9 2009, 09:17 AM) *

Cool, that's what I plan on doing as well since the flicker is killer on the xbox unless I set the flicker filter to 5 but that just blurs everything.

What XBOX version do you have?

Not sure  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)  My Xbox was manufactured late 2003, so I think it is V 1.4 (PAL)

oldsparky

• Archived User
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2009, 03:36:00 PM »

Hi,
Having just introduced myself to modding xbox`s, I now find myself with 3 of them all soft modded and running XBMC.
Excellent piece of kit, i have them all networked to my home pc where all my movies and music are stored.
Now only problem i seem to have is the resoloution on 2 of the box`s.
I think it is prob down to the quality of the leads, as the 2 box`s that the picture quality is not so good on is the machines that have the standard composite leads, the other came with an xbox advanced scart lead and the picture/resoloution is so so much more clear and crisp.
Im in the uk so all machines are PAL. I have tried all settings i can think of on the other box`s but still the clarity of the text is poor, blurred and shadowed.
Any hint or tips on the correct settings appreciated.
Do i adjust the settings in the unleash x dash or xbmc?
I dont have the option of selecting 420, 720 or 1080 its no hi lighted.
Do i have to change my xbox to NTsc?
Im a bit lost as to what to do.
I intend to source new leads(which r best?) which i assume will give me a better quality picture.
The TVs i have are pretty stanard
1 X 32" LCD non HD
2 x 28" CRT
Enjoying this forum emensely.
Regards.

This post has been edited by oldsparky: Aug 31 2009, 10:41 PM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »

This was more or less already answered in your other thread. It's nothing to do with the quality of the leads or the settings on the Xbox, it's a fundamental limitation of the resolution of composite video, or the quality of your CRT TVs, or a combination of the two. SD CRT TVs just have poor resolution.

I intend to source new leads(which r best?) which i assume will give me a better quality picture.

Before you buy advanced SCART leads (RGB) for the CRT TVs I'd check the TV manuals to see if they even support RGB over SCART, and try them with the advanced SCART lead you already have. If your CRT TVs don't support RGB over SCART, and don't have RGB or component inputs, then new leads will make no difference.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Aug 31 2009, 11:03 PM

oldsparky

• Archived User
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »

Sorry Heimdall.
I guess im a little impatient.
The more i read the more i confuse myself, i was reading about an Enigmah prog and wondered if it was something i also had to do?
Yes, i did try the other TV`s with the advanced scart lead and worked fine.
Even my daughters pink barbie 14" TV runs perfect with it.
I have leads ordered and cant wait to get them to see the quality i will get on my own TV.
Regards.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »

I was just about to post about switching your Xboxes to NTSC. To enable the HD modes you need to switch your Xbox to NTSC, and to do that you have to run Enigmah. For it to work you have to bypass virtual eeprom (how you do that depends on which softmod you used - see this post for details).

However, switching to NTSC might have a downside. Not all PAL TVs will support NTSC, and if your TVs don't then you'll have to switch back to PAL again.

r3skyline

• Archived User
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »

i keep mine at 720p for everything i do because i watch 720p movies on my xbox.

2 Bunny

• Archived User
« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(LegolasFett @ Oct 9 2007, 03:16 PM) View Post
I just got a component cable for my XBOX to use with my HDTV which can do up to 1080i and am very confused on what to do after it is connected. If I go to the normal XBOX dash I can set the resolutions my TV supports (480p,720p,1080i) which I turned all 3 on, if I should only have the max my TV can do instead of all 3 let me know. After doing that I went to XBMC (with MC360 skin) and in the settings I can still only choose 4:3 NTSC.

I could really use some help. Thanks.

Sorry for the double post, but I found a solution to my problem found on these very forums.

http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=3937047

More specifically this part:
"HOW YOU FIX IT
This is easily cleared up by launching your default MS Dash while IN XBMC.
You can get to this as Stated : by clicking your right thumbstick in, and using the "dashboard" launch button.

If for some reason your XBMC reboots itself or hangs when you attempt to load your default dash:
restart XBMC, use your file browser, under your extras tab, and go to C:/xboxdash.xbe

Boot that up.

if that loads up your MS dash, mine says "live is not available",
navigate to your settings and enable the ntsc 480 720 1080 options...

save and cut your xbox off and restart and head on back into XBMC.
this should solve your problem.
This utilizes your Second or "virtual/shadow C" and "virtual EEPROM" and saves the HDTV enabled settings."

I followed those steps and it worked just fine. Awesome!!

If you don't want to monkey around with the Microsoft Dashboard, going under "video hardware" in the settings enables the same option as in the original dashboard. This was always a pain to find. It works just fine for me when I move my xBox to a high definition telly. They hid the option in such an obscure place however, most people just think that the original dashboard is their only option.

- 2 Bunny

evolancer276

• Archived User
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2009, 06:56:00 AM »

does anyone know if I run 720p with the skin MeadiaStream Redux?  Will it display, and look good?

oldtimer82

• Archived User
« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2010, 06:50:00 AM »

42 Inch LG Plasma from 2006 running XBMC on an Xbox from 2001 with Basics-Vision as the skin in 720P.  1080i is just too pokey for my taste and it screws up some of my videos anyway.  720P looks great, so it is all good!

I tried MediaStream but it is pokey and hard to navigate for me.  I used PM3 for YEARS (literally like 3 years) before I discovered there were more skins.  It has been Basics-Vision ever since.  

I have it alongside my XBOX 360 because it handles files that the 360 couldn't dream of handling (and it doesn't sound like a freight train).  I use the 360 now only for Blue Ray rips because the Xbox chokes on those.

Fun is a wonderful thing.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]