xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc And Unleashx  (Read 126 times)

Acrid

• Archived User
Xbmc And Unleashx
« on: December 08, 2005, 04:49:00 AM »

Are the movies divx? If so open them through "my videos". If you open it through "my music" or "my programs" it searches on different file extensions. You can always use "my files" of course biggrin.gif I hope that is the problem, can't think of anything else

fireflyp

• Archived User
Xbmc And Unleashx
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »

Any one know why xbmc doesn't show files when I click on my programms? Funny part that UnleashX show them.

onewhoknowsitall

• Archived User
Xbmc And Unleashx
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »

clicking on 'my programs' will only show games and apps in the games/apps folders. you must either go to 'my videos' or click the 'my files' button down near the bottom. you should see 2 smaller buttons down near the lower left corner, one is setup and the other is the files button. click that and navigate to the dvd drive. your movies should be there.

beastiekid

• Archived User
Xbmc And Unleashx
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 11:21:00 PM »

i sorry to flame but come on my videos lol lmao i sorry  laugh.gif   laugh.gif   laugh.gif

x_boxer1

• Archived User
Xbmc And Unleashx
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 01:09:00 PM »

I had a similar problem before, it wouldnt do the same for converted video some avi divx and mpeg's.
 On XBMC the NMS Multimedia skin is good if you dont skin as on the home window it has Multimedia which has three bookmarks once opened, which are vid, music and pictures. In the video settings make sure you have enabled the proper settings like 'Handle archives' and also use scan if you have to. stacking can sometimes also cause confusion. if worst comes to worst, i suggest making an .iso of the video using crax or similar then enable the settings to autoplay (xbmc) svcd,vcd etc. Depending on the format you can get it onto to.  

Is there a built-in decoder for divx with xbmc? maybe this might be a problem. I used the K-lite codec pack and ftp'd onto my xbox. from the root dir of xbmc try mplayer\codecs (may change in dif xbmc ver's). This is also where to specify in EvolutionX a custom copy cmd.

heres the read me from mplayer\codecs (if it's a codec problem)

please download the win32 codecs from one of the following urls:

6 Url's, could not be given as maybe links not allowed (already had a warning, happy.gif )

and install the following into this directory (and on your xbox)

atrc3260.dll
  cook3260.dll
  drv23260.dll
  drv33260.dll
  drv43260.dll
  sipr3260.dll
  wmadmod.dll
  wmsdmod.dll
  wmvdmod.dll

Loto_Bak

• Archived User
Xbmc And Unleashx
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »

you dont understand how xbmc works, sounds like your trying to start a movie on a dvd from 'my programs'

a video is not a program dummy, thats why you cant find it in my programs

select my videos from home screen
select dvd-rom list on right
your files should now list

fireflyp

• Archived User
Xbmc And Unleashx
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 09:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Loto_Bak @ Jan 10 2006, 04:28 AM) View Post

you dont understand how xbmc works, sounds like your trying to start a movie on a dvd from 'my programs'

a video is not a program dummy, thats why you cant find it in my programs

select my videos from home screen
select dvd-rom list on right
your files should now list

I think you are the dummy.
I mean MY FILES (explorer) not MY PROGRAMMS (the little button next to settings) it should display any possible file on any device.

Damn I though you mean I have no clue how program works not how to use it. (I have no clue how it works I didn't write it but I know how to use it except I do not know all tricks and features)

beastiekid2

• Archived User
Xbmc And Unleashx
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 10:12:00 PM »

my programs looks for executibles xbe's / my music mp3 wav m3u ect. / my videos rvb avi mpg ect.  if your video is on the cd look in D:\

JayDee

• Archived User
Xbmc And Unleashx
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 12:43:00 AM »

1: Compile a new build yourself

or

2: Wait for a new T3CH build.

Jbasto

• Archived User
Xbmc And Unleashx
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 07:34:00 AM »

Just grag the new T3CH build 1-1-06 and see if it works and they mean u should have 4 or five icons on th eleft side of your tv screen
My programs
My Pictures
My Music
My Movies <<<< that where u should open and try to open the DVD drive it will be the first file on the list and look for the AVIs iu have burned post if this help

fireflyp

• Archived User
Xbmc And Unleashx
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »

If you read my previous post they fix something on jan 4 but T3CH build was made jan 1 and I already did try it.. blink.gif

I will wait for new release I do not feel like search for c++ and install then try compile it specialy that I didn't see where i can download fixed source code...

Tried new build Jan 11 but it's didn't help.

fireflyp

• Archived User
Xbmc And Unleashx
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 07:59:00 PM »

I finally got help and simple solution to fix my problem

In file XboxMediaCenter.xml
I needed to set  <DetectAsIso>yes
by default it's set to no