xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Whats Legal And Whats Not  (Read 28 times)

xannax

• Archived User
Whats Legal And Whats Not
« on: February 23, 2004, 06:32:00 AM »

Ok this is how I modified a few xbox's so far. I used the 007 Hack and the TSOP flashed with X2 4981 BIOS.

Where I am from there is allot of demand for a xbox mod service but before i get started I wanted to see what was accually legal or not. Doing my own box I could care less but with others..well.

Is the cromwell Linux Bios the only legel bios?
So If I Tsop Flashed with the X2 Bios I would be breakin the law right?

oh yeah. And if the X2 Bios is illegal, is it illegal to possess?
Like say what if i do everything for them except go to the Evox Menu and click on FLASH BIOS. They can do that when they get home if they feel so inclined.

Any help would be great. trying to get something going but don't want any trouble.

Xannax Overdose  <

BaDvs3viL

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 06:47:00 AM »

Hummmm.....Touchy subject........

Yes having an altererd M$ Bios is Illegal.......

The Cornwell Bios is the ONLY legal bios out there....

And then with software...You need to know which software is Illegal or not.....Check to see if it was made using the M$ SDK...If so...Thats Illegal.....

And if you did use the Cornwell Bios...It doesnt allow you to run Evox.....

Have you ever gotton a Modchip flashed with the Cornwell?.....It has a menu to pop in a Bios disk to flash with a diff bios......So you could set it up to the point....  <

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 09:08:00 AM »

Wouldn't the Xecuter Flashbios be a better option (downloadble from there site). It's a very customised version of cromwell and allows flashing in a very easy way. I think it works on the focus chip to :).   <