xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Xbmc Toolkit ( Pc Applications )  (Read 771 times)

Yuyu

• Archived User
Xbmc Toolkit ( Pc Applications )
« on: July 31, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »

XBMC Toolkit (Sourceforge project site HERE) is a collection of useful/open-source PC applications for windows, to be used to customise and tweak XBMC. Please report any official bugs or official feature requests to the project website. When posting, please be clear which tool it is you are referring to when aksing questions. Please feel free to suggest new tools that you would like to have made to make the XBMC Toolkit better!

All projects require you have the .NET Framework installed on your PC since they are all written in .NET languages. It is freely available for download at the MS Website.

Available Applications:
XBMCDBR (XBMC Download-Build-RAR) version 1.0.2037
This is a C# Windows application version of the popular XBMCDBR batch script project. (Thread Here)
Additional Requirements: Windows 98 or later, WinRAR 3.4 or later, Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional or better, and The Xbox SDK (XDK) 5849 or later.

Help Wanted!
If you can do any of the following please PM me with what you can do for the project and your email address. I am going to start the CVS on SourceForge soon, so once I get some others contributing, you will be able to submit to the CVS your work.

Wanted: Anyone that can help develop tools for the XBMC Toolkit in a .NET Language.
Wanted: Someone to help make some icons for these apps (Right now am borrowing icons from another open source project).
Wanted: BETA Testers for when new tools are ready.

This post has been edited by Yuyu: Aug 1 2005, 03:03 AM

gehx

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »

I'd like to be a beta tester.

Lemme know what you need smile.gif

halfelite

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »

I will help beta test anything.

And the new XBMCDBR Is amamzing I thought the last one was great but now its even better. Keep up the good work.

This post has been edited by halfelite: Aug 1 2005, 05:38 AM

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »

Trying XBMCDBR (XBMC Download-Build-RAR) version 1.0.2037 right now actually. I like it already so far. More customization to the FTP section, as i run XBMC as my dash named xbmc.xbe on drive c, and the rest on f:\xbmc\. Thank you. I like!!!

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 11:13:00 PM »

Finished. Worked just fine. Great job, Lemme know if you need testing also with anything. Working great so far though. Thanx again.

sxxxe83

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 09:33:00 AM »

Updating, right now, works great so far, nice to have a customizable gui btw.
Great work.
Thanks for your effort  pop.gif   beerchug.gif

paul_phil

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »

Looks great, I still can't build the xbe though as I only have VS .Net 7.0 Pro, do you know if there's an update to go from 7.0 to 7.1? I can't find one anywhere from M$. wink.gif

hassan

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 04:29:00 PM »

Is this still the batch file? I have run the file, but after downloading anything it says something like C:/program files/visual studio net 2003/common7/ide isn't a correct directory (something like that, also the directory is correct but what i have written may not be). also, an error message comes up telling me there was an exception with xbepatch

"The exception unknown software sxception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c59bc3f".

Would I be able to use visual studio 2003 architect version? for the life of me, i can't fin dthe "professional" version.

GhostDog__

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »

I noticed that there is no XML folder in the Customs Extra folder.  Is this by design, or an oversight?  I created my own, added the XML file to it (xboxmediacenter.xml), but it wasn't uploaded to the Xbox.  It uploaded an original, unmodified xboxmediacenter.xml file.   Was I supposed to create the same XML folder under patches as well?

One problem I ran into is I got .NET error at the end of the process, and XBCDBR had to be ended manually.  However, It still successfully completed the job, including FTP'ing to the Xbox.  I'll try reinstalling .NET to see if this helps.  

One suggestion I would have for the XBMC tool kit is a tool that easily allows you to make XBMC skins.  

By the way, very nice job. :D

This post has been edited by GhostDog__: Aug 2 2005, 02:19 AM

paul_phil

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 07:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(hassan @ Aug 1 2005, 11:04 PM)
Is this still the batch file? I have run the file, but after downloading anything it says something like C:/program files/visual studio net 2003/common7/ide isn't a correct directory (something like that, also the directory is correct but what i have written may not be). also, an error message comes up telling me there was an exception with xbepatch

"The exception unknown software sxception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c59bc3f".

Would I be able to use visual studio 2003 architect version? for the life of me, i can't fin dthe "professional" version.

The Architect version should be fine so long as it's version 7.1 (2003), I suspect you have the same problem as me in that you have architect verion 7.0 (2002).

Diehardsouljah

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 08:22:00 PM »

i can make good .ico just aim me diehardsouljah1

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »

In the Docs folder there is a file called Instructions, I suggest a good read of them to anyone who uses the app. Anyways, the Custom Extras folder is now a mirror of the XBMC home directory. So, in other words, anything you you put in there will show up the same way in your finished build.
In your case a custom XboxMediaCenter.xml would be in the root:
Custom Extras\XboxMediaCenter.xml

Others will notice you can put modified source code into the Patches folder before you run XBMCDBR. The Patches folder is a mirror of the XBMC CVS repository. IT overwrites the CVS code with any of your customised sourc code before you compile(Helpful for those who like to use Patches that are not in the CVS or for developers/experimenters who like to play with the source code).

For instance, there is some people that like to edit the CVS file XBMC\xbmc\application.cpp to change the location of the webserver. You would Browse the XBMC CVS for the latest version of application.cpp, modify application.cpp to your liking,  then put it into Patches\xbmc\application.cpp. This file will then overwrite the CVS version of the file in the CVS source directory before compiling. If you don't need it modified anymore, no problem, delete the custom file from the Patches folder and on your next CVS update the old file will be discarded and a new application.cpp from the CVS will take it's place.

Hope this clears this up. :)

QUOTE(GhostDog__ @ Aug 1 2005, 07:45 PM)
I noticed that there is no XML folder in the Customs Extra folder.  Is this by design, or an oversight?  I created my own, added the XML file to it (xboxmediacenter.xml), but it wasn't uploaded to the Xbox.  It uploaded an original, unmodified xboxmediacenter.xml file.   Was I supposed to create the same XML folder under patches as well?

One problem I ran into is I got .NET error at the end of the process, and XBCDBR had to be ended manually.  However, It still successfully completed the job, including FTP'ing to the Xbox.  I'll try reinstalling .NET to see if this helps. 

One suggestion I would have for the XBMC tool kit is a tool that easily allows you to make XBMC skins. 

By the way, very nice job. :D

djdafreund

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2005, 07:09:00 AM »

Hey YuYu,
  One thing i can confirm so far. Remember how a percentage of people,when building, the xbe wouldn't be updated and would be the same xbe unless you used the script option [Delete and Download a Fresh copy of XBMC source every time] and weren't sure what exactly was causing this to happen?
  I can comfirm that this no longer needs to be done, and properly updates the xbe file when compiling, every time. This is really great. Thank you for your work.  biggrin.gif

coreyinoz

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005, 07:56:00 AM »

Yuyu,

Tested the new program last night - compile went beautifully and XBMC is working great. Did not test the FTP feature, but the compile appears to be perfect.

coreyinoz

hassan

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 07:35:00 AM »

tried the c# version, works very good smile.gif got the xbe file. All I got to do now is load it to my xbox
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17