xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]

Author Topic: Xbmc Download-build-rar Batch File  (Read 853 times)

gehx

• Archived User
Xbmc Download-build-rar Batch File
« Reply #450 on: July 26, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(babanoosh @ Jul 27 2005, 05:32 AM)
In the interim, I guess I should learn how to compile the "old fashioned way". Anybody know of a good step by step walkthrough in getting this done?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #451 on: July 26, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Yuyu @ Jul 27 2005, 03:22 PM)
For now, without modification, the XBMCDBR script is not broken completely, but it is lacking certain things that I am going to add. This mainly has to do with the command line compiler not doing certain things that when you compile from the visual studio IDE, automatically happens. I have a plan of action for this of course so hopefully we will see  an updated version in the near future after some testing..

hassan

• Archived User
« Reply #452 on: July 27, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »

well you can ask in the main xbox-scene xbmc page

gehx

• Archived User
« Reply #453 on: July 27, 2005, 06:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(hassan @ Jul 28 2005, 01:05 AM)
well you can ask in the main xbox-scene xbmc page

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #454 on: July 28, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »

Today, I DBR'ed and I'm missing the default.xbe file. That's all that I noticed that I'm mising, but I haven't compared the files to an official release, so I can't see if I'm missing any others.
I ran XBMCDBR again and I was still missing the default.xbe. I have been updating XBMC almost daily for the past few weeks and it's been going fine with no problems up untill now.

Also I have a question about making changes to the build...

Once of the main reasons that I create my own builds of xbmc is so that I can change the webserver directory.
So usually, I run XBMCDBR, then go into /XBMCDBR/XBMC/xbmc/ and edit the application.cpp then save and run build.bat in /XBMCDBR/XBMC/.
It then creates a new folder, /XBMCDBR/XBMC/BUILD/, with the new build with the webserver changes.
So I search for cvs and delete everything that comes up, and I am left with a new build of XBMC with my changes to the webserver directory.

Is there another way to this? Or anything I can do to simplify the process? Because it seems really time consuming...

Thanks,
-Danny

THDVL

• Archived User
« Reply #455 on: July 28, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(nuka1195 @ Jul 28 2005, 10:09 PM)
Theres some problems that don't allow a compile right now, I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #456 on: July 28, 2005, 09:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(nuka1195 @ Jul 28 2005, 08:09 PM)
Get GSAR (General Search and Replace) and put that in the correct BAT file to make your changes automatically.

Umm... could you please elaborate on how this would be done? I downloaded GSAR, but now I have no clue as to what to do. I read the readme file and got completely lost and even if I did understand it, I wouldn't know how to implement it into the XBMCDBR.bat...

I would need it to search for 'Q://Web' in '/XBMC/xbmc/application.cpp' and replace it with 'F:' before it builds and rar's the solution... I have no idea as to how I would go about doing this. If anyone could guide me in the right direction, I would be highly appreciative.

Thanks,
-Danny

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #457 on: July 29, 2005, 01:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(koolman @ Jul 29 2005, 06:28 PM)
cool.gif  Well YuYu, this thing is great.  Got hold of all the requirements and run your script, and hey presto, I now have a new version of XBMC that is up to date.

babanoosh

• Archived User
« Reply #458 on: July 30, 2005, 06:21:00 AM »

So then, everything is proper again? I was waiting to hear back from YuYu with an updated version but it would seem from some of you , it is perfect now?

nuka1195

• Archived User
« Reply #459 on: July 30, 2005, 09:19:00 AM »

If you were referring to my post, I meant something in CVS. Not YuYu's script.

babanoosh

• Archived User
« Reply #460 on: July 30, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »

yeah, pretty much anyone. I guess YuYus batch is working ok now. I just compiled, no problem. It's funny, I've been beating myself up with a constant freeze problem on the home screen. As it turns out, I was missing a tag in the mediacenter.xml that was probably the culprit. Forgot to map XBMC (c:\dash) to f:\apps\xbmc. Musta been when i was switching xmls awhile ago....D'oh!

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #461 on: July 31, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »

Unpinning since this batch script is being replaced by the XBMC Toolkit. (Thread Here)
If anyone can help out the project in anyway, it would be great.

povety

• Archived User
« Reply #462 on: August 30, 2005, 07:33:00 PM »

beerchug.gif jester.gif  beerchug.gif

darthjimmy1138

• Archived User
« Reply #463 on: October 23, 2005, 08:40:00 AM »

Can anyone offer a small tutorial on this to get us beginners started, I have XDK and VS03. I just need to know where to start.

beast96

• Archived User
« Reply #464 on: October 23, 2005, 09:41:00 AM »

go here http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=427601 u shouldnt have bumped this old thing theres one in thesticky's
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]