xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31

Author Topic: Xbmc Download-build-rar Batch File  (Read 852 times)

Soapm

• Archived User
Xbmc Download-build-rar Batch File
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2004, 03:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (Yuyu @ Nov 16 2004, 03:11 PM)
If anyone has any feature suggestions or scripts or anything they think should be added to the package, just let me know. I'm not really sure the script can get any better than it is now, but if there is some files or what not that shoul be in there that alot of users use (such as the web folder mentioned above) I'll hook it up :)
If it is a pertinent request, I'll put it in the next update!!

Hope to hear some feedback from you....

Is it posible for it to go and grab  new skin from http://www.chokemaniac.net/ It's no big deal but thats the only thing I can think of that it doesn't currently do...

Beelzabub

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

I see the cvs has updated something to do with screensaver, and now I also cant seem to pick a screensaver from the option or turn it on I was wondering if there is something the script isnt copying over to work with the way the screensaver method is now?

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2004, 07:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (Beelzabub @ Nov 16 2004, 05:41 PM)
I see the cvs has updated something to do with screensaver, and now I also cant seem to pick a screensaver from the option or turn it on I was wondering if there is something the script isnt copying over to work with the way the screensaver method is now?

Yep, it is a new folder, I will have to add it to the script wink.gif

I will also add the web folder interface and a few other scripts I guess...

As for the skin downloading. That is what the Skins folder is for, just add the skin in that folder (Unrared in its own folder of course) and it will be rared up with the finished build...

I should have the update up by tommorrow morning (U.S. Central)

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2004, 11:38:00 PM »

Version .98 uploaded, check the ReadMe in first post for changes.. Lots of stuff...

This post has been edited by Yuyu: Nov 17 2004, 08:05 AM

ofbz

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2004, 01:40:00 AM »

an update... nice!!!....

gonna try it right now....

is this gonna get pinned??? it really deserves a pin...

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2004, 08:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (ofbz @ Nov 17 2004, 03:07 AM)
an update... nice!!!....

gonna try it right now....

is this gonna get pinned??? it really deserves a pin...

Well, I could pin it if I really thought necessary, but this is really a niche project (only few can/want to really use it). I'm sure Jaydee or myself will add it to the important threads topic, sometime soon, since now that the screensavers folder has been added, the other Build package, link to there, which is the one I used to make mine, will not package everything...

mrbkarate

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

ok i have everything installed
ms vs 7.1 2003 .net pro
C:\Program Files\MS Visual Studio .NET 2003\

i also have the xdk 5849 full installed

I still get xbepatch error after its done with the 10-40 min and i end up with a rar file with xbe
some input would be really helpful and apreciated

This post has been edited by mrbkarate: Nov 17 2004, 08:13 PM

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (mrbkarate @ Nov 17 2004, 01:36 PM)
ok i have everything installed
ms vs 7.1 2003 .net pro
C:\Program Files\MS Visual Studio .NET 2003\

i also have the xdk 5849 full installed

I still get xbepatch error after its done with the 10-40 min and i end up with a rar file with xbe
some input would be really helpful and apreciated

It looks as though the CVS solution has changed, I am getting the same thing here, I will let you know as soon as I do a few more tests here wink.gif

mrbkarate

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »

alright, thanks

I thought I messed somthing up lol, cause i use it the other day fine

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »

Ok newest package is done uploading. It's the last one for awhile(unless chnages to CVS occur), since everything is in there that needs to be right now.

On a side note, it appears the CVS is being updated or someone screwed with the Solution a little too much, because the source will not compile properly, even when done seperately and not with this package. I ran the package this morning and all went well. It appears since about 12pm or so (central U.S.) it has not been compiling correctly. Hopefully, it will be fixed within a day or two.  

GLTek7

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2004, 04:40:00 PM »

YuYu,

I think I just ran into the compile issue you mentioned.  When the script finished compiling, I ended up with a finished RAR build size of 10.2 MB (???).  Uncompressed, the folder size moves up to 22.8 MB but contains many missing files/folders.

Question:  What should the "average" size of the build be after the script is ran (no added skins, scripts,etc.)?  I know this will change often, but could you give us something to go by (standard RAR build size of 10.2 MB definitely appears wrong).

Thanks and 1-Luv on the shiznit script!!!

- GL7

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (GLTek7 @ Nov 17 2004, 06:07 PM)
YuYu,

I think I just ran into the compile issue you mentioned.  When the script finished compiling, I ended up with a finished RAR build size of 10.2 MB (???).  Uncompressed, the folder size moves up to 22.8 MB but contains many missing files/folders.

Question:  What should the "average" size of the build be after the script is ran (no added skins, scripts,etc.)?  I know this will change often, but could you give us something to go by (standard RAR build size of 10.2 MB definitely appears wrong).

Thanks and 1-Luv on the shiznit script!!!

- GL7

A true finished build should be around 27 MB or so... give or take

With Project Mayhem II included in your build, it should be around 35 MB or so... give or take

This post has been edited by Yuyu: Nov 18 2004, 04:09 AM

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2004, 08:26:00 PM »

Just got a new build, everything is back to normal, but strings.xml is not getting edited, I will throw up a fixed package when I get time, but it is not that big of a deal really...

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2004, 10:31:00 PM »

Ok strings.xml thing fixed everything works 100%, so now this truly is the last update until one or two things pop up, or if I need to stay current to the CVS...

Uploading package in a bit, should be there in 15 minutes or so, thanks for using XBMC DBR!

If you have any feature suggestions, or anything you would like to see added to the script let me know :)

This post has been edited by Yuyu: Nov 18 2004, 06:38 AM

mrbkarate

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2004, 12:38:00 AM »

thanks man, works lovelly now.  doing a test and found out they released 11-18 build lol damn they keep releasing em everyday only took me like 40 minutes in all downloading and compiling
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31