xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Check Out My New Skin I'm Making!  (Read 890 times)

Heet

• Archived User
Check Out My New Skin I'm Making!
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2004, 12:25:00 AM »

Wow this looks really elegant.  Artists are really amazing.  Wish I was one.

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2004, 11:03:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  WOW, THANK YOU GUYS!  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  Thank you so much for your positive feedback  love.gif , I really apreciate that!  jester.gif   beerchug.gif

What I will go ahead and do from what it seems like a majority want, is go back to my original, and change it according to the needs of you guys,

*I'll change from that BIG icon (with the x-men people in it), to the smaller version
*I'll make the folder icon a little bit bigger
*I'll remove the large XBMC logo as well
*And stay with the classic, more professional look that it seems I had in the original

ANY MORE suggestions would be much apreciated! I can change ANY pixel EASY. If there is honestly 2 pixels you think is off, or need a different color, it can be changed, there are over 50 sprites in my skin alone sample alone, so feel free to tell me to edit anything...

Again, I am very greatful for all the feedback, the comments and suggestions, i got chills reading some of them! Feels good to do something everyone likes!

Anyway, keep up the feedback and I'll keep up my work

-Matt

P.S. I have an update of my dashboard, but I was working from the last update, so I don't think you guys would like it too much since I worked on the update not knowing you guys wanted the original when I didn't work from that original... But I'll keep you updated, I'll probably post a sample picture of the next update on sunday, and from there, hopefully it'll just be a few minor touches and then I'll have it created!

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2004, 11:51:00 PM »

dry.gif

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2004, 12:08:00 AM »

Wow..  I hope thats all legal so that it can be supported..  I also hope directory listings are clearly visible..  Right now I'm primarily running a July build because I'm too lazy to update the ReDash skin..  I hate Project Mayhem..

Arcticcat

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2004, 04:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (triggernum5 @ Oct 23 2004, 08:11 AM)
I hate Project Mayhem..................

.....................me too

NineT9mustang , you've designed the finest skin ever seen by the eyes of an XBMC user.

YnfinitY

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2004, 05:40:00 AM »

NineT9mustang , you've designed the finest skin ever seen by the eyes of an XBMC user.

i agree

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2004, 05:54:00 AM »

Huh?  I think Project Mayhem is beautiful.  Best lookin ive seen anyway.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2004, 05:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (Arcticcat @ Oct 23 2004, 11:13 AM)

Here, here!
Huh? I think Project Mayhem is beautiful. Best lookin ive seen anyway.
I think that project mayhem is good... Just a little too heavy whereas these skins seem to be more subtle and elegant... A lot nice IMO, can't wait for release... Hopefully it will become the default xbmc skin  smile.gif

MJBoa

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2004, 02:42:00 PM »

I agree, this is the BEST skin I've ever seen, I hope you make it for XBMC, it'll be my skin.

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  Man... Thank you so much for the compliments, It's amazing how nice some of you are, Never have I felt so good about my artwork, I've never really expressed myself artistically to the public mainly because I design for me (desktop wallpaper, etc) Anyway...

Back to the dashboard, sorry about that, heh

This is my next update, hopefully the last, Here's the thing, it is different. Different could be good and bad, take for instance, the new dodge viper...

I really don't think you guys will like it, but ya never know! again, tell me your like/dislikes, its not just me creating this, its you too. Whatever said will be applied for the next and final update, then it will be up to wabidwoverin (spelling?) to create it.

user posted image

user posted image

Well, I really don't know if you like it, let me know, its okay if you dont, just let me know what you dont like, do like, etc...

Thanks again for all the feedback and votes!!! I look forward to every single word you guys reply with, I really do

-Matt

<EDIT> The edit is because I changed who hosts my images, the website before didn't take full advantage of the quality and size that my skin sample really is, so now it should be fixed.

MJBoa

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2004, 06:44:00 PM »

Dude! That's an awesome menu! Holy crap.
But I suggest that on the top picture, move all the stuff up a little bit, the my programs buttons and stuff.

RocafellaSqualie

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

love_tropicana

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2004, 01:50:00 AM »

smile.gif But other than that you've done a great job and i'm really looking forward to the endresult.

cheers

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2004, 04:53:00 AM »

With every update this is getting better and better!!! It's unbelievable how nice the two previews you just gave us look, I can't wait for it!!!

YnfinitY

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2004, 05:26:00 AM »

yeah, this skin is unbelievable!!!
i hope we can download a beta version soon!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12